Using a public wifi spot for second ebay stealth account?. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 07-19-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Using a public wifi spot for second ebay stealth account?.

What do you guys think?. I was used to sign into my local starbucks all the time before my account got killed buy ebay and didn't have any problems. However back then I wants aware of it even beinga possible issue back then,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2012

Longevity: 76%

Conventional wisdom is that this not good practise. The reality is that more and more people are using public WIFI in their day to day activities and unless EB and PP are planning a mass deletion of accounts they are going to have to accept it or get used to it. Cookies will be more important than IPs.

That being said I cannot see the point of adding risk to a stealth situation unless it is an absolute imperative.

If you can avoid it I would suggest you do so
Old 07-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
What do you guys think?. I was used to sign into my local starbucks all the time before my account got killed buy ebay and didn't have any problems. However back then I wants aware of it even beinga possible issue back then,
I've had more than bad luck with accounts where I have used 'free wi-fi'.

Tried to use a local library, local starbucks. Made two different accounts on different days. yada yada yada.

BOTH accounts got suspended under a Section 9. ebay australia uses this when they do not 'accept' or 'like' the details of registration.

ebay said I was associated with 'other accounts'.... no way. Never used wi fi again to REGISTER.

I have used free wi-fi after speaking to paypal to say I was using a strange computer without problems.

Dont forget other options like cell phone tethering may be your ideal solution. Explore them
Old 07-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The key problem is that public wifi may have been BURNED to the ground for eb/pp because of number of malicious users.
Old 07-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Conventional wisdom is that this not good practise. The reality is that more and more people are using public WIFI in their day to day activities and unless EB and PP are planning a mass deletion of accounts they are going to have to accept it or get used to it. Cookies will be more important than IPs.

That being said I cannot see the point of adding risk to a stealth situation unless it is an absolute imperative.

If you can avoid it I would suggest you do so

Why would it be any threat at all to my other stealth accounts?. It should be completely separate from my current one.
Old 07-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
I've had more than bad luck with accounts where I have used 'free wi-fi'.

Tried to use a local library, local starbucks. Made two different accounts on different days. yada yada yada.

BOTH accounts got suspended under a Section 9. ebay australia uses this when they do not 'accept' or 'like' the details of registration.

ebay said I was associated with 'other accounts'.... no way. Never used wi fi again to REGISTER.

I have used free wi-fi after speaking to paypal to say I was using a strange computer without problems.

Dont forget other options like cell phone tethering may be your ideal solution. Explore them

Thanks greenbean. I see hundred plus people sign into my local starbucks wifi every day and I msure 10s of thousand of the 10 years or so it's been there and I was used to be one of them when my ebay account was not stealth. Now limits, no suspendings no nothing. I wonder if things here in the U.s Are a bit different than things in Australia

I even logged in from 2 different panera breads and a few other starbucks a dozen or so times.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 07-21-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 07-21-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
Why would it be any threat at all to my other stealth accounts?. It should be completely separate from my current one.
I never said anything about other stealth accounts.

What I said was why add unnecessary potential complications to a stealth situation. Buy a dongle
Old 07-21-2012

Longevity: 68%

hello i am new to this and i just got Amazon Ghost i would really just like to know if amazon will link my account for router only i have a new comp never used before that i am using now the only thing that is the same is that we use the same wifi router and i do have my linked computer on it at the same time as my new comp sometimes will amazon link me for the wifi only?
Old 07-23-2012
Threadstarter  

I use a exclusive ip proxy. And pay 10$ a month for it. And starting a new user account is what you need to do. Not need a new computer.

YOu can go over to proxybonanza ang get a prive proxy or learn how to change your ip.

I recomend buying the amazon gost eboook from here on aspkin

P.s The new computer does not mean anything really. imo use a new user account unless your on mac.

Remember Every single piece of information you give ebay has to be new and different from what you were using before. Even your password! belive it or not.

Good luck

Last edited by Athletichunta; 07-23-2012 at 12:47 PM.