HOW TO: Change Cable Modem IP Addresses to CONTROLLED NUMBERS - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > eBay Tracking

eBay Tracking General discussions on eBay tracking, account linking, IP address, user accounts and more.

Old 08-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%

Great info! Thanks! Is anybody familiar with hacked cable modems?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-30-2010

Longevity: 79%
Thumbs down Be careful - killed my router!!!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I killed my router/vonage device by changing IP addresses too often :( It disconnects every hour or so and I need to restart it every time. LinkSys support guys said it was because I was playing with it.
I'm not a tech person so I cant say for sure whether he is right or wrong, but just be careful.

Cheers,

Kia
Old 08-31-2010

Default Buying Ip's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdb1 View Post
what about buying more Static IP address from your calbe provider I just bought 5 for $15 per month
How did it go with the purchase of additional Ip's
I call my cable broadband service and they told me that I need to change from residential to business account to be able to buy additional IP's
How did it go for you..
I am in the south East USA..
Thanks
Joe
Old 09-03-2010

Longevity: 80%

Does eBay or PP really care that much if its the same IP every time? Dont they just make sure its not the same one as another account? I keep cookies on separate user accounts so i assumed this was enough to keep them of my tracks. Cant believe i never seen this thread before.
Old 11-17-2010

Longevity: 85%
Default Everything I tried doesn't work

I'm on Cox communications in Vegas. I have been trying to change my IP address for a week now. I am on modem>router?PC setup.
I simply disconnected the coaxial cable, disconnected the power cord and took out the backup battery and came back after 24 hours. Nothing. I did this 4 different times and the IP address was still exactly the same.

I have tried to change it by following the direction on this site and I am unable to change the MAC address. If I change the MAC address, the router can not get a new working IP address. It's possible I am doing this part incorrectly but I am wondering how this would change the IP address. No matter what I do with my hardware - PC, router, modem, MAC address, etc - isn't it ultimately up to my ISP's pool of IP addresses that assigns my IP address? How can what I do (such as changing the MAC address, etc as suggested here) within my house affect the IP address that my ISP assigns me? Isn't that totally random and I have zero control over it?
Whenever I change the MAC address, my internet goes down. I am unable to get a functioning new IP address when I change my MAC address. I change the MAC address (by changing the last 4 digits), hit SAVE...then nothing happens. My IP address goes blank and I can not get my internet to connect. I also turned off the router and modem at the same time and it still does not work. My ISp has told me that whatever I do, the IP address can not be changed unless they deem it necessary to change and that is a totally random process. Are they wrong?
Old 11-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Im glad my ip changes everytime with the phone and tether. Makes it so much simpler than rebooting my router 12x a night
Old 02-15-2011
Banned

Longevity: 82%

How does one obtain a truly anonymous IP address? I know that using proxy servers will get you banned from eBay, but I don't like the idea that everything I do can be traced back to me via all the different IP addresses that I use. How do you keep yourself hidden without using a proxy?
Old 06-05-2011

Longevity: 74%

I never had any luck get back same ip I had before when change mac back. I guess the ip's already been assigned to someone else.
Old 07-20-2011

Longevity: 75%

sorry but what user/password?? for my pc? I dont have username/password for my router. I just plugged it in & looked for netgear conetcion
thanks
Old 12-03-2011
Banned

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burst View Post
Using Boomers method, I have found a way to KEEP GETTING the same IP addresses for each account I run on my Cable Modem with Wireless setup. By remembering the Random MAC address for which account youve changed the IP address for, you can re-apply the MAC after changing to another one and you will get the same IP address that was previously associated with it.

Save the MAC address to an excel file that you should have for your IP addresses used per account. When you change your MAC for another account, your IP address will change as well. Saving this will revert back to your other accounts IP address.

This has been done for about two weeks now and is still working flawlessly.

UPDATE: This fix works a good amount of time. The longer span of time between MAC changes, the more risk of not having the same IP as another computer could be assigned to it.

The test was conducted on comcast with a wireless router.
This method is only working for me 50% of the time, and it has me beyond frustrated. I have a giant log of all my mac addresses and IP addresses. However, I will be trying to change to account B with account B's associated MAC address. I restart my router and my modem and after my internet connection is back up I find that I do not have account B's IP address, I end up having another account's IP address, and not a random IP address. Why is this happening? What am I not doing correct? Which needs to be reset first, the modem or the router? I have a d-link extreme n gigabit router and what usually works is allowing the router to go through its normal 60 second reboot time and then simply rebooting the modem. However, this only works 50% of the time. I have tried rebooting both the router and the modem, leaving each of them off for more than a minute and I keep getting stuck with the wrong IP addresses. Can someone please help?
Old 09-25-2012

Longevity: 67%

I can confirm that this works 100% here in Netherlands cable network!! Great stuff, so easy aswell
Old 11-08-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 66%
Default Need Help Please!!

There is good information in here and I am almost there. Your info is same as mines as well as Motorola with same username and password. I clicked on "Basic" when I sign in username and password and it shows "Spoofed MAC Address" so is that where I change it and it will change my ip?
Old 12-14-2012

Hard for me to believe ebay cares that you use the same IP each time you log from same account. So changing your mac to try to retrieve the same IP is waste of time. Think about it... ebay has iphone app. They are going to see different cellular IPs almost all the time you use this app.
Old 12-14-2012

I keep a list in order as I change the mad.,, 1a, 1b etc. then I go back and log the ip that came up. I also log my last 7 ips with each user account. Some IP's have repeated.
Old 08-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

My Internet service provider is Comcast. I know that you could get back your IP address only for a short period of time using this method. The method in which you change your router's Mac address. I think it's almost guaranteed to get the same IP address within 30 minutes. If you move to the second IP address, And stayed there overnight, Then revert back to the old Mac address, A lot of times that first IP address is no longer there. It must have been assigned to somebody else throughout my area. Just my two cents.
Old 11-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: HOW TO: Change Cable Modem IP Addresses to CONTROLLED NUMBERS

Is there a way to do this just for PC. We have about 3 different routers at our warehouse. We have comcast. No apple though just regular PC and laptops.
Old 11-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

I would like to change IP address
Old 11-01-2013

Longevity: 61%

I had a problem figuring out the best way to manage IP's and what worked for me is using Time Warner cable with their basic package for $25 a month. I use a $40 linksys router forget what the exact model is but i can go into 192.168.1.1 and change the MAC address, save it, reboot router, restart modem for about 15 seconds. Plug modem, plug in router, and I get a new IP. I can change the MAC address back to the previous one, and 9 times out of 10 gives me the same IP I had with that MAC address.
Old 11-30-2013

Since I know nothing about computers, I purchased "Hide My Ass" which is an IP "hider" and it updates/changes my IP address every 10 mins. Not only good for the Ebay/Paypal thing but also for security reasons.
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie170 View Post
Since I know nothing about computers, I purchased "Hide My Ass" which is an IP "hider" and it updates/changes my IP address every 10 mins. Not only good for the Ebay/Paypal thing but also for security reasons.
Hide My Ass is the last thing you want to be using. A lot of the IP's handed out by this program are well known to Ebay. There are other better options such as Dialup, USB Modem(Dongle), Phone Tethering.
Old 11-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie170 View Post
This is a bad idea as explained above by MM78. Hide My ass, will your hurt your ass.

Ebay/Paypal can easily detect you are using that and limit/suspend you immediately.

There are other alternatives for using this - especially in the US. Dongle, IP tethering, heck even dial-up is an option.

Avoid Hide My Ass and any other program that claims to hide your ip.
Old 01-28-2014

Longevity: 59%

So once I saved the ip and MAC address, than I should follow the same process for next IP. The part I dont understand is so everytime I will move to new account I have to change the mac address also? or should I just use new IP on different window user accounts to access ebay or paypal? correct me if i am wrong IP is the only that I need to use on different window user accounts right?

thanks