Router MAC address detection linking - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 10-17-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Router MAC address detection linking

I understand the fact reading from different threads that a MAC address does not matter but i have 2 doubts in mind:

1. if an account gets limited on a pc and i re-install windows and use same pc again with same mac address for a new stealth account will it get linked ? because it will have same mac address as the old one.

2. this questions is linked to the above questions because if the answer to the above question is that if they cannot see MAC address of the PC which is fair enough they will not get linked but i have heard they can see MAC address of the router !! now having 5 different accounts using same router to access the internet even though A Fresh IP IS USED WITH VPN ON ALL , the router will be the same hence the MAC address of the router will be the same ? so there is a possible link there ?

Please share your thoughts ...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Router MAC address detection linking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsanhaf View Post
I understand the fact reading from different threads that a MAC address does not matter but i have 2 doubts in mind:

1. if an account gets limited on a pc and i re-install windows and use same pc again with same mac address for a new stealth account will it get linked ? because it will have same mac address as the old one.
NO, again...the MAC address has NO linking properties to an account....Only an IP address.

Quote:
2. this questions is linked to the above questions because if the answer to the above question is that if they cannot see MAC address of the PC which is fair enough they will not get linked but i have heard they can see MAC address of the router !!
Again...NO.

Quote:
now having 5 different accounts using same router to access the internet even though A Fresh IP IS USED WITH VPN ON ALL , the router will be the same hence the MAC address of the router will be the same ? so there is a possible link there ?
Yo keep coming back to this MAC address thing....Ebay, PP can only see your IP...that's as far as they can go.
Old 10-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

MAC address is a link layer address, not an IP layer address. Websites have no way of reading this address unless they explicitly run some programs on your computer.
Old 10-17-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Both above posts are right on the money.

You've read this from posts pertaining to Amazon accounts, because the Amazon Ghost Guide (little outdated at the moment) implied you should keep a track of Mac Address - I think when Aspkin was writing the guide he just wanted to cover all grounds and be extra safe, than sorry, and I think that's not a bad idea.

But to answer your question, for now, don't worry about Mac address.

Your only concern is Cookies and IP.
Keep cookies isolated using user accounts.
Keep IP isolated by keeping track of them (http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html)
Old 10-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Thank You all for the advice !
Old 10-18-2016
Threadstarter  

So it is not advisable to install ebay Turbo Lister as that could leak info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
MAC address is a link layer address, not an IP layer address. Websites have no way of reading this address unless they explicitly run some programs on your computer.
Old 10-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsanhaf View Post
So it is not advisable to install ebay Turbo Lister as that could leak info.
You got that right. The software could impose more tracking methods websites can't accomplish. There are plenty of online alternatives for turbolister anyways.