How to Avoid PayPal Limitation - no way to avoid it until you provide social security - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

good Lord --what are you selling?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

A bit of everything, really. Electronics mainly right now and some fashion.
Old 07-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Morale of story. Move to japan if you want to use paypal without getting limited.
Old 07-24-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Is it just Japan?

Why not setup a network with the penguins in Antarctica?
Old 07-30-2008

i sold 3 items with my new account. it sold before i got to verify the deposit, therefore i have 4 steps to remove limitations. should i just refund the buyers money or will the limitations still be there?
Old 08-07-2008

I just opened Merchant Account with National Merchant Bankcard..so we'll see. Anyone used them before?
I'll have to take it slow with Ebay, that's all.... I will start opening reserve accounts, but they will not be of much use for another few months. Patience is the name of the game with Ebay. It's just a game we play. I live in the free country and they will not tell me how much I can sell and when! This Forums and Modee's advise have been priceless!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

yes, if u wanna make big, u gotta think big. Sell expensive items!!
Old 08-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default PayPAl CROOKED...permanently limited my account and asking for SS #

My account has been limited for a week no(after doign 20K in Sales in aorund 30 days).eBay accoutn suspended and paypal account limited and they request Supplier Invoices,SS#, among othe rnformation.

One thing weird is that 3 of my transactions were placed on hold not by buyers but by "Inquiry by PayPal" and in the status it said it had ben reviewed by a PayPal Agent...Everytime I called and spoke to PayPal they could not give me a reaosn why these transaction were placed on hold..So today i called and some low-level guy who knew absoulty nothing tried to smart off to me, so i speak to his supervisor and ask why the fund were placed on hold, she placed me on hold for 2 mintues and returned to tell me the funds were realsed(still no reason as to why)

Isnt it illigal for them to hold money that long with no reason?Also they are requesting me to upgrade my accoutn to Buisness account(higher fees?) and they also two days ago asked for a Photo ID out of nowhere.Has anyoneever had there aaccoiunt limtied twice?I would liek to get back to my normal sale voume without worrying about getting my fund placed on hold
Old 08-10-2008
Threadstarter  

Send a message via Yahoo to thakid212
Default Paypal Verication Issues

How do I confirm location with an account that has all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ infomation? and when I put in my SS# it keeps asking me to put it in, so how do I fix that problem?

and is there a place where I can get unlimited amounts of bank accounts? and that won't hurt my credit in the long run

Last edited by thakid212; 08-10-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-22-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Paypal Limitation

I just started selling on Ebay, had to link Ebay and PP as newbie. I use Google Checkout for customers. One customer accidentally sent payment to PP account, I refunded. Limitation message and Ebay limited. Anyone know if I can still use the Ebay Account and new PP or both are DOA? If both are DOA and I resetup how do I prevent users from checking out and spawning limitation?
Old 08-30-2008

Default Paypal account limited. Asking for Social Security #

I made this post in paypal general accidentally. MODS PLEASE DELETE THAT ONE

This has probably been discussed many times, but i cant find a definite answer anywhere

Okay so my paypal and ebay account were recently limited.

Paypal is asking for my social and some other things to lift the limitation

Is there a way to lift the limitation WITHOUT entering my SS#

I used that SS# on an old paypal account that was suspended and thats why I don't want to enter it.

PLEASE HELP. THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS
Old 09-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

What about people in the US that do not have a SS#? Can they not get a PayPal account? Or is that a way to get around using a SS#?
Old 11-16-2008

Longevity: 89%

I don't know if this will work or not and would like any help on this subject. I am a banned ebay member and have read many helpful topics/stories relating to my troubles. I went and opened up a new ebay/paypal account with all the new bank, cc, address info. I get the usual limitation on my paypal account which I gave all but my ss# so like I figured paypal said we are holding your money for 180 days and good bye. Can this work with me opening up a new paypal account under a real person (my friend) with all legit bank,cc, and ss# info to my existing ebay account which is good and working. I know paypal will link me to my friend but really the only thing I did was not give them my ss# and my ebay account is fine. I really never did anything wrong. I even asked paypal why my account was limited which they said I was new and selling too many items (high risk). Has anyone ever done this? Will it work? I talked to ebay and they said it would be ok and then I talked to paypal and they said they could'nt answer any of my questions. Ebay even told me that there was no need for my ss# but paypal insists on it. I figure I could change all the info on ebay to my friends name and then just add his paypal account. I don't want to start over again but if this has no chance I guess I have to. Thank you for any info.
Old 12-11-2008
MU

Even when you provide a SSN they will still freeze you every now and then
Old 07-12-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsack View Post
Morale of story. Move to japan if you want to use paypal without getting limited.
Seriously. lol. Have you heard that PP accounts in Japan do not have limitations? Japan is a very interesting place to be, and if there were a good business reason for it, I'd move!
Old 07-12-2009

One way to take money out (you'll have to work out the fees) is to "purchase" an item from another account that way you're not withdrawing the money you're "buying" something. You pay their fee but it may be worth not having to withdraw money. Then you can withdraw it from the good paypal account.

Send money "purchase"/non ebay item, etc.
Old 07-15-2009

Longevity: 90%

Is Business account, DBA name on my Paypal and Ebay accounts better IE a LLC will they want to know whom the owners are?.
Old 07-15-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

They will want some info on the company contact (customer service or manager). The company owners would be the stockholders. Since PP won't know who the stockholders are, they can't really demand SS #'s. If they ask, just provide EIN and remind them that there is no single owner and thus no appropriate SS # to give. I haven't had that issue come up in quite a while. Lately, they ask for the EIN only. Ignore the automated emails. Those are boilerplate from back in the 90's. Most still say SS#, but the hand-crafted emails take into account that you are a business and not a sole proprietor, if you add 'Inc or LLC' to the business name.

Do not try to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ like you are Inc or LLC, though. They can easily check that. If you get caught out in a lie, they really get peeved. Just spend the few bucks and make it all legit.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
ebayislame (07-15-2009)
Old 07-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Joer, Also keep in mind that having the LLC & EIN might only delay the providing of the SSN.
Old 07-15-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Even if they mistakenly ask for SSN, you tell them NO. A corporation is its own entity. It is sovereign to itself. If PP asked you for my SSN, it's inappropriate and you'd be wrong to provide it since it isn't your SSN. Well, your SSN does not belong to the LLC (Limited Liability Corporation). The LLC has it's own SSN (called an EIN) that belongs to it. The only appropriate number for the LLC *IS* the EIN. My SSN does not belong to any of my LLCs. My SSN only applies to me personally. Attaching or associating my SSN to any of those is invalid. Except when submitting the initial documents to form the LLC. Once formed, my SSN has nothing to do with any of it anymore.

Forming a corporation is similar to having a baby. While the baby is developing, it's part of the parent (it isn't born yet). When a corporation is formed, it is being born. Once a child is born, it gets its own SSN. A corporation *IS* born once it is formed. Legally, that is the definition of corporation. It becomes a thing, not an idea. It is no longer virtual. It is no longer part of a parent. It then has it's own number. My son can't use my SSN. He has to use his own. My LLCs can't use my SSN. They have to use their own.

Taken from Dictionary.com -

cor⋅po⋅ra⋅tion
  /ˌkɔrpəˈreɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kawr-puh-rey-shuhn] Show IPA
Use corporation in a Sentence
–noun
1. an association of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.

and

cor·po·ra·tion (kôr'pə-rā'shən)
n.

1. A body that is granted a charter recognizing it as a separate legal entity having its own rights, privileges, and liabilities distinct from those of its members.

and

corporation

A business organization owned by a group of stockholders, each of whom enjoys limited liability (that is, each can be held responsible for losses only up to the limit of his or her investment). A corporation has the ability to raise capital by selling stock to the public.

Then there's the best part :=-=:

Corporation

A legal entity that is separate and distinct from its owners. Corporations enjoy most of the rights and responsibilities that an individual possesses that is, a corporation has the right to enter into contracts, loan and borrow money, sue and be sued, hire employees, own assets and pay taxes.

The most important aspect of a corporation is limited liability. That is, shareholders have the right to participate in the profits, through dividends and/or the appreciation of stock, but are not held personally liable for the company's debts.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 07-15-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

I've been reading through this...

Right now i have a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal, been limited but I submitted docs to get it legit.

I've set up my ebay accounts with merchant stuff, but the users always like to opt for paypal...which makes me think I'm wasting my $$ with the merchant stuff, so I'm going to cancel it.

I have relative's info, but if I do the DBA route that works too?
Old 08-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

jimmy, if the merchant account is already made, don't cancel it. Keep it going. Time may come when you need it.