Paypal limit requires documentation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-16-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Question Paypal limit requires documentation

Paypal has limited the account and asked for everything ID proof of residence, inovices, tracking, etc. Its not a real name on the account. I can readily provide tracking right now. Any suggestions as to what will be the minimum paypal will accept to lift the limits?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Paypal limit requires documentation

To know EXACTLY what paypal needs you will have to call.
Oftentimes it is a single tracking number, photo ID and proof of address so they request a driver license to do both with one upload.

Depending on what you are selling and how much, new or used etc.. you can get away with selling items around the house or things I pick up at yard sales etc..

Paypal almost always does not need everything they are asking for and if they do require everything on the list, I suggest not wasting any time or resources because you will end up permanently limited anyways 9 out of 10 times.
Old 07-16-2015
Threadstarter  

im selling branded clothes that can be counterfeited. Is it worth providing an id, etc.?
Old 07-16-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usakickwork View Post
im selling branded clothes that can be counterfeited. Is it worth providing an id, etc.?
That is why you have been suspended usakickwork, you would have been better to have found this forum first before you started selling anything, then you would have known not to have started selling such risky items and not be in the position you are in today.

That is always the problem of course, by the time people find this forum they have already started to learn the downsides to going in headfirst selling on eBay/PayPal .
Old 07-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well, that depends on a series of things.

How much money are they holding?

Is this a stealth account or personal account?
Old 07-29-2015

Longevity: 50%

Personally I think its pointless providing docs id etc as they will most certainly permanent limit you shortly. I have had same position as you and just going to ride out the 180 days.
Although someone did say an email to European services email address helped remove all limitation but that depends on how and what we say to get that done or it could backfire and cause more problems.

I'll be interested to know your outcome though
Old 07-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGZY View Post
Personally I think its pointless providing docs id etc as they will most certainly permanent limit you shortly. I have had same position as you and just going to ride out the 180 days.
Although someone did say an email to European services email address helped remove all limitation but that depends on how and what we say to get that done or it could backfire and cause more problems.

I'll be interested to know your outcome though
US is an altogether different beast that the UK.
Old 08-03-2015

Longevity: 53%

PP UK ask for ID, Invoices (usually from past 5 transactions) suppliers information, past tracking information, location searches etc which is is then scrutinised by one of their team.. its a beast alright!!
Old 08-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Im selling branded clothes that can be counterfeited.
Kudos for your honesty.
Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
If you don't provide the info normally they limit the account and you get the money in 180 days.

I know some people who have manufactured documents and have had it work. Others have fallen flat on their face. If you items are phake depending on how many you sold and complaints, etc it might not even be worth it.
Old 08-07-2015

Longevity: 62%

I have tried to go through this process on many occasions usually when I see that I just have to provide tracking and invoices which are easy to do.....a couple of times when they have asked for id I have tried as well but in every circumstance even though they did not ask for ss# up front they would always ask for it later after I provide the initial documentation and this is something I wont do so Ive never been successful lifting a limitation I usually just wait the 180 days so to me its not worth it
Old 08-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke View Post
I have tried to go through this process on many occasions usually when I see that I just have to provide tracking and invoices which are easy to do.....a couple of times when they have asked for id I have tried as well but in every circumstance even though they did not ask for ss# up front they would always ask for it later after I provide the initial documentation and this is something I wont do so Ive never been successful lifting a limitation I usually just wait the 180 days so to me its not worth it
I had one instance were this happened to me and I was able to get it back without a Tax ID but that was before 2010. If its still similar if they ask for Bank Statements consider the account done.
Old 08-14-2015

I managed to get funds released on a personal account by bombarding them with emails and phone calls, just your luck I suppose im currently in the same situation as yourself with a stealth account and it looks like i'll need to wait 180 days.. Not good!