Paypal limited- phone verification required - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-13-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Paypal limited- phone verification required

Hi

I used my paypal account behind a VPN and now they have limited my account due to suspicious activity. Now it wants me to verify my phone number or provide a valid ID proof to get it working again. The account already has a textnow member linked but it doesn't give that number as an option for verification. It only gives an option to add a phone number and if I insert the textnow phone number, it gives me an error saying that this number is not registered in my name.
Does anyone know how to get a number that gets registered in your name? Any service which provides that?

Thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Default Re: Paypal limited- phone verification required

Interested in the answer for this too???
Old 05-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - before you jump ahead and focus on the phone number issue, you need to address your VPN ISSUE.

What provided are you using? Cheap or free service potentially used by many already? That could be the main reason why your PP has failed.
Old 05-13-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjunking View Post
Hi

I used my paypal account behind a VPN and now they have limited my account due to suspicious activity. Now it wants me to verify my phone number or provide a valid ID proof to get it working again. The account already has a textnow member linked but it doesn't give that number as an option for verification. It only gives an option to add a phone number and if I insert the textnow phone number, it gives me an error saying that this number is not registered in my name.
Does anyone know how to get a number that gets registered in your name? Any service which provides that?

Thanks in advance
The fact is you can't add a new number into the account although it can be seen as an option. The way out is to upload an Id.
Old 05-13-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyemik View Post
The fact is you can't add a new number into the account although it can be seen as an option. The way out is to upload an Id.

I can't add a number because the number is not registered on my name in public records.

Last edited by TGMT²; 05-13-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums - before you jump ahead and focus on the phone number issue, you need to address your VPN ISSUE.

What provided are you using? Cheap or free service potentially used by many already? That could be the main reason why your PP has failed.
I used Opera and it came with a built-in vpn and I didn't realize that I had turned it on
Old 05-14-2016

hey Arjunking, when they ask you to verify your phone number, do you have option to ignore it? I mean, if you choose to upload documents and IDs, you don't have to verify the number, right? So you have option between uploading IDs OR verify your phone number, right? or you have to do both in order to get out from the limited status?
Old 05-15-2016
MU

Quote:

are you sure VPN also fail the phone verification ...?
Old 05-15-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paypaltension View Post
are you sure VPN also fail the phone verification ...?
Phone verification failed cause it won't even let me use that number for verification. And it won't let me use that number cause it is not registered on my name in public records
Old 05-16-2016

hey arjun, why don't you just verify through documents? you mentioned:

"Now it wants me to verify my phone number or provide a valid ID proof to get it working again"

so it's either valid ID proof OR phone number, right? Then you have option to upload valid ID proofs

im personally very interested too in this topic. However, i dont think anyone can provide such phone number.
Old 05-16-2016

Longevity: 55%
Send a message via Skype™ to luizfurioso

Ideally you write down all the data in a notepad ,
Ip , mask, address, phone , credit card ( virtual ) security questions , etc.
Old 05-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizfurioso View Post
Ideally you write down all the data in a notepad ,
Ip , mask, address, phone , credit card ( virtual ) security questions , etc.
What will that do?

Old 05-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjunking View Post
I used Opera and it came with a built-in vpn and I didn't realize that I had turned it on
I don't use Opera or any "built-in vpn" features. Supply PP with what is needed - best of luck. ID = get creative....phone number = google and try to find a less-used service
Old 05-17-2016

Quote:
I don't use Opera or any "built-in vpn" features. Supply PP with what is needed - best of luck. ID = get creative....phone number = google and try to find a less-used service
i dont think "less-used service" would matter. paypal ask for a pre-registered phone number, it has to be registered under a physical address (and you need to know under which address). phone number services on the internet are always internet phone numbers that are not registered under any name nor address
Old 05-22-2016

Longevity: 50%

Hey guys, my PayPal account was also limited recently, but not due to a VPN IP conflict. It was due to another IP address related issue, I'm aboit certain on that because today I plugged a different computer that's not normally on our Home network, plugged in wired to our NETGEAR router port. This new computer network change had to have been the culprit in my PayPal account suddenly becoming suspended because it's the same day my PayPal account was limited!
Anyways. So, PayPal requested that I provide them with a phone number so it could be used for resolving the "issue" at hand, and furthermore serve to lift the limits on the account so I can begin using again with full access. So i gave my burner number, same one I provided them with during registration..
They text me a 6-digit verification code, I type it in, and success - phone number verified. Limits raised too, you might assume too, right? Well, apparently not so - after successfully verifying identity by their call/text phone verification system, I was then sent an email by PayPal requiring additional bull**** to lift the account limits. Damn, this is annoying. I don't know how to make ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID's and I'm not the best when it comes to forging stuff... any way around this? I already submitting proof of address or whatever by confirming with them my number, but they still want to give me the runaround bull****.. (ie - utility bill, Bank statement, etc.)
Tips guys? Any OTHER way of resolving these new PayPal account limits? Thanks in advance.