PayPal limitation - advise please - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-12-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default PayPal limitation - advise please

Hi, I am very worried at the moment and would love any advise.

I recently setup a real PayPal account for myself with all my geniuene details, I then used this account to accept payment for my website which I sold. Everything was fine until I received my payment. - I was then limited, they are requesting details that I can provide, no problem. But what worries me is that in the email it says they have placed the limit because the account shared information with another that has unresolved issues. I then remembered about 3 months ago I had a stealth account permenantly limited for 'security issues' and there's nothing I can do about it. So my worry is will my new account, with different real details also be permenant limited because of it? or when is submit my verification documents will everything be okay? Will I need to just sent I have anything to do with that acount?

I'm really worried as I'm not use to selling stuff online and I'm dealing with a large sum of money, so any advise about what will happen and what's the best way for me to go about this would greatly be appreciated, many thanks.

Ps. I think my stealth account shares the same address or they maybe linked by IP adress, they do not share the same name or anything.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: PayPal limitation - advise please

There is a high probability that your new account will become permanently limited as well after providing all the information. Unfortunately a link to a suspended account cannot be removed and Paypal tend not to listen to reason when it comes to discussing such matters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Joey567 (01-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
There is a high probability that your new account will become permanently limited as well after providing all the information. Unfortunately a link to a suspended account cannot be removed and Paypal tend not to listen to reason when it comes to discussing such matters.
Thanks for the reply. Wow that's seems unfair but sort of what I suspected. Do you think saying you have no association with the other account will help or should I say it's mine or what? What will happen with the funds in my new account? Will it just be withdraw after 180 days if I do get permanantly limited? Many thanks.
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

It really depends on how strong the "link" is between the two. The very fact it was the cause of a limitation does not bode well.

If you are linked by IP, cookies and the address then you are probably done for.

If it is just address only and everything you submit is in order then you may well get the account restored.

If you do get a permanent limitation, the funds will be available for withdrawal after 180 days.
Joey567 (01-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
It really depends on how strong the "link" is between the two. The very fact it was the cause of a limitation does not bode well.

If you are linked by IP, cookies and the address then you are probably done for.

If it is just address only and everything you submit is in order then you may well get the account restored.

If you do get a permanent limitation, the funds will be available for withdrawal after 180 days.
Okay many thanks for the help, I'm not sure how strong the link will be, I'll just have to hope. I have to ring them to sort the limitation anyway, when they ask about the linked account do you reccomend saying you know nothing about it or? Thanks
Old 01-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey567 View Post
Okay many thanks for the help, I'm not sure how strong the link will be, I'll just have to hope. I have to ring them to sort the limitation anyway, when they ask about the linked account do you reccomend saying you know nothing about it or? Thanks
Also, I'm planning on selling more things using paypal in the future, websites etc. I'm guessin that if this account does in fact get limited I won't be able to open another. I see you sell paypal accounts, is there anything you could offer me that would allow me to continue selling my websites etc. thanks
Old 01-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

State that you know nothing about the linked account if they ask.

I'm won't be discussing business on this thread. Drop me a PM if you wish.
Joey567 (01-12-2017)