huge increase in inr - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: huge increase in inr

I think eBays case process is a joke compared to Amazon. Obviously Amazon is very strict, but they give you time to to work something out with the customer. On the other hand eBay just let people open cases 2-3 days after purchasing and 75% of the time people have no idea they have even opened a case, and if they are aware of this, then they're not aware how much it damages the seller.

Royal mail have always been dodgy for me, but so are all companies. I send everything large letter, and around 2-4% are INR (Not everyone opens a case, but around 2-4% total with messages and cases).I would spend an extra £1 and send everything large letter recorded, but although I have never had a recorded delivery not turn up, I have heard it's possible for them to "lose" them too.

I believe most of the buyers are truthful, but I have had idiots have an old or wrong address on their eBay, then say "wheres my package bro?". I then confirm their address and turns out it's the wrong one or they had a very big spelling mistake. I don't think people realise you can change your address when you check out.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

The problem with sending items recorded delivery is that around 50% of items dont upload properly. So you pay for a service then dont receive it!

you can claim conpensatiob but they only send you stamps, not worth it imo.
Old 08-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,209 Times in 4,005 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 63%

I rarely have an issue with recorded mail not tracking properly. Maybe there is an issue with your local post office or sorting office. May be worth having a chat with them.
Old 08-13-2014

Yeah, sounds like they don't scan it properly or something. I have probably only sent around 50 things recorded, but have been able to look them up online and all have made it there.

My post office is a small one near my house with 1 employee. It could be that maybe bigger ones are not as careful.
Old 08-13-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Perhps they fixed the issue, I havn't sent recorded for a while now. Anything I need tracked I send via myhermes.
Old 08-13-2014

I think it just depends where you live for each company. Royal mail is the best for me for my small items because it's the cheapest, and just as reliable as any other company. I know the guy at my local post office very well, so anything I post gets priority to be collected asap.

I have heard people had issues with my hermes, and have only received things from them, but that was fine.

I would never use UK Mail courier service. I used them once with their "next day" service. They collected it straight away, but then they showed up at my house the next day too collecting another parcel, problem is I only sent one parcel. The parcel they collected then stood at their pick up place for 3 days. After several emails to them, it finally arrived nearly a week after being collected. So much for "next day".
Old 08-19-2014

Longevity: 64%

Just started a new account, out of my first 9 sales ive had 2 of them say they havent received their item which was sent via 1st class post. As an eBay seller for 9 years you pick up whos telling porkies and whos not, both seemed to be telling porkies like they were writing messages from a script and knew exactly what to say. Im guessing a lot of these scammers are targeting new sellers, which isnt good for eBays business plan as a lot of new sellers will quickly give up selling.

These days it looks like there is more money to be made via eBays money back no questions asked theme than there is by being an honest eBayer... The ships slowly sinking!
Old 08-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeuk7 View Post
ebay also set this up nicely for buyers to automatically open inr cases.
If a customer try to contact his seller to ask about delivery and click on item not received on ebay message system, ebay automatically re-direct to open a case.
Worse is the fact the buyer does not even realise a case is opened.

Old 08-19-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Worse is the fact the buyer does not even realise a case is opened.

This was like last September so I don't feel as bad but I opened a case on a seller

Before that I had buyers tell me we didn't know,we opened a case and I was thinking yea right , how would they not know

Couple weeks later I purchased ink and received the wrong one no big deal mistakes happen, but I still needed the ink for my printer

And I went to message the seller to let them know and I hit send and it says a case is opened , I was shocked

EBay is terrible how deceitful they are, and to make there messaging system the way it is, where you need to ask the seller a question and there is no mention of a case, u think your just putting the subject adding a body to the letter and sending it , and out of no where a case is open

Now a year ago no big deal , you would get positive feedback case closed, the way things should be

But now they are leading buyers to ruin a seller and unknowingly

I know have a whole new system so I don't need to worry about any of this but , running one or even 4 accounts , your set up to fail
Old 08-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

I am sick of seeing cases opened for no real reasons.
I get customers opening cases after a day asking if the item had been shipped! Off course it had been shipped, it was shipped same day and marked as shipped at the same time!
They just do not realise how much damage they cause by just opening cases.
I think ebay would do better if they just had a "cooling off" period before customers can even think of opening a case. This should also apply to leaving neutral or negative feedback. They should at least give sellers the option to address any issue first.

By the way, wrt to recorded delivery, royal mail can and do loose that as well. From experience we have had many lost in the past. The worst part of this is that tracking number won't show where the parcel is therefore customers will jet think that you are simply giving them made up numbers!

end of rant ;-)
Old 08-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,209 Times in 4,005 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 63%

I always now send a message a buyer when their item has been posted.

This leads to most buyers simply replying to my message if they have any issues, and had subsequently really reduced the number of open cases I have had to deal with
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
freeuk7 (08-24-2014)
Old 08-20-2014

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
These auto-opening of cases is troublesome
True true true.
I have started stating 5-10 working days time.
I know i loose sales, but i save some accounts.
As so many customers place an order friday night and open a case on Monday morning saying its 4 days they havent received the parcel....
Another issue is summer.
So many of them are away and just co e after holidays or leave on holiday before getting packages.
Those ratings go down hill summer time and Christmas time for years...
Old 08-24-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
I always now send a message a buyer when their item has been posted.

This leads to most buyers simply replying to my message if they have any issues, and had subsequently really reduced the number of open cases I have had to deal with
Good thinking…However do you send this manually? as if they get automated messages I doubt they will just reply to that

Also increasing time of delivery is useful