eBay account restriction - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-18-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Re: eBay account restriction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacomputers1 View Post
i think it may have been "I" who brought it up! haha!
Yes it was
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...paid-card.html

Id never heard of it till yesterday so that to me means that it probably isnt a great.idea.
Stick to normal high street banks

Old 01-18-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Yes it was
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...paid-card.html

Id never heard of it till yesterday so that to me means that it probably isnt a great.idea.
Stick to normal high street banks
no worries, looks like i will have to stick to the old fashioned route!

thanks all for your info!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jacomputers1 For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-18-2015)
Old 01-18-2015

Quote:
no worries, looks like i will have to stick to the old fashioned route!

thanks all for your info!!
Old fashioned is best
Old 01-21-2015
Threadstarter  

just an update, i called ebay, they confirmed a few things, asked about the items being sold and how soon i would dispatch them, then within 20 mins the restriction was lifted and items are back for sale! weheyy!!
Old 01-21-2015

Quote:
just an update, i called ebay, they confirmed a few things, asked about the items being sold and how soon i would dispatch them, then within 20 mins the restriction was lifted and items are back for sale! weheyy!!
Good move jacomputers.....job done:-)
Just go slow though to begin with and pick up speed as you go along.
Have you sorted out the bank account and attached it now?
Old 01-22-2015
Threadstarter  

almost halo haha, i have the bank account (natwest), but its not letting me add it, only reason i can think is i may have to put some money in their before i can add it perhaps? so will have to wait until friday for that then will try it again.

I now have two accounts that ive made, this is the only thing with something for sale mind. This one has a vcc but no bank, and the other has a bank but no vcc yet lol. Oh well as soon as i get some funds together i should be ok!
Old 01-22-2015

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
i will bear that in mind, whatever the outcome is, however seem to be having an issue getting more bank accounts, most of them either appear to be a case of going into branch which i dont get much time to do, or don't work, such as savers, etc., although i have recently come accross a pre-paid master card from a company called "Cash Account Plus". The card costs £4.99 and comes with its own unique account number and sort code provided by APS Financial (part of the co-op bank) which i have one of already, (linked to a limited paypal account) and worked fine for withdrawing the funds too, just now wondering if it's worth ordering a few more of these for the other stealth accounts, and the beauty of it is, they don't need a credit check so i can apply in different names to match the names of my stealth accounts. what do you think?/

why was the paypal limited ? do you have any idea ?.

I used to use these a few years back then they stated becoming hit and miss when adding them to paypal

As I remember there was limits on these cash plus accounts until you provide identification.
Old 01-22-2015

Quote:
almost halo haha, i have the bank account (natwest), but its not letting me add it, only reason i can think is i may have to put some money in their before i can add it perhaps? so will have to wait until friday for that then will try it again.

I now have two accounts that ive made, this is the only thing with something for sale mind. This one has a vcc but no bank, and the other has a bank but no vcc yet lol. Oh well as soon as i get some funds together i should be ok!
You dont need money in to add a bank account to verify. Im pretty sure ive never had money in it when ive set up accounts.

Go with entropay. Can be a chew on to begin with but its a good option :-)
Old 01-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Old fashioned is best
The need for experimentation is always there though for discovery of new methods or ideas
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-22-2015)
Old 01-22-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
The need for experimentation is always there though for discovery of new methods or ideas
Thats true.
Im hoping someone might tell me whether they have experimented with one for all.
Its a prepaid visa my local has started selling :-)
Old 01-22-2015

then thing with most visa/mastercard accounts that are for sale in you local is that the so called bank account attached is that the account number associated with that account is a different length so don't work in paypal as you can only add 8 digit account numbers.

Another things is most don't do DD as well.

Last edited by joffieJaffa; 01-22-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You dont need money in to add a bank account to verify. Im pretty sure ive never had money in it when ive set up accounts.

Go with entropay. Can be a chew on to begin with but its a good option :-)
I have recently made 2 stealth accounts the first i linked to a halifax account no problem, the 2nd im trying to link to a new natwest account, which has been open for a few days now, but every time i try and link it, all i get is a message from PayPal saying "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later" :-/

I'm planning on adding the vcc's once i get some money to fund some new cards in entropay, but out of curiosity; surley i could use the debit cards that i just got from the new bank accounts, or could i?
Old 01-23-2015

Quote:
I have recently made 2 stealth accounts the first i linked to a halifax account no problem, the 2nd im trying to link to a new natwest account, which has been open for a few days now, but every time i try and link it, all i get is a message from PayPal saying "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later" :-/

I'm planning on adding the vcc's once i get some money to fund some new cards in entropay, but out of curiosity; surley i could use the debit cards that i just got from the new bank accounts, or could i?
Do you mean use your real visa card as your method to.confirm.
DONT do it, if thats what you are saying.
It will fail the AVS
Real bank card account number and sort code fine for verifying paypal....but using the lobg number on same card and 3 digit security pin at back CANNOT be used to confirm.

You need a VCC that bypasses the AVS.
I simply use entropay myself. Chew on sometimes but get there in the end :-)
Old 01-23-2015
Threadstarter  

if i used the same house number and numbers from the postcode i think it will pass the avs checks, as i tried ordering something the other day from another "buying account" tried to pay on my credit card with a false address just to check, it failed, so tried again using the same address but changed the house number, and numbers within the postcode to the ones where the card is registered and it went through? just wondered if this would be a way of doing it. I do have an entro pay, the problem i have is i have to load cards with funds before i get the card numbers etc. :-/

Btw: I totally agree with what you're saying, just checking if i understand all of this correctly.
Old 01-23-2015

Quote:
if i used the same house number and numbers from the postcode i think it will pass the avs checks, as i tried ordering something the other day from another "buying account" tried to pay on my credit card with a false address just to check, it failed, so tried again using the same address but changed the house number, and numbers within the postcode to the ones where the card is registered and it went through? just wondered if this would be a way of doing it. I do have an entro pay, the problem i have is i have to load cards with funds before i get the card numbers etc. :-/

Btw: I totally agree with what you're saying, just checking if i understand all of this correctly.
Hi
Im trying to get my head round this.
Are the stealths in question, having addresses that are similar to your own?

A little confused because upon adding the vcc to paypal, they dont directly ask you for your address and postcode....only when you join up which is why im wondering if you have used your real address but switched things round a bit.

Sorry if ive got the wrong end of the stick lol
Old 01-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Hi
Im trying to get my head round this.
Are the stealths in question, having addresses that are similar to your own?

A little confused because upon adding the vcc to paypal, they dont directly ask you for your address and postcode....only when you join up which is why im wondering if you have used your real address but switched things round a bit.

Sorry if ive got the wrong end of the stick lol

No, their not similar at all. I created two completely random stealths with of course made up information. One i use to buy, the other to sell. I tried purchasing something from myself from one stealth to the other, just to see if it would pass the avs check. At first i tried it with a mastercard with false billing info, the check must have failed because i got the message "Your transaction has been declined by the card issuer". The 2nd time, I used the same "bogus" address, apart from i change the house number to the real one, and the postcode the same, it passed, and sent the payment, albeit, i lost 40p from paypal fee's but i guess i can always leave myself feedback! haha!

With regards to the natwest account, i just tried it again to link it to one of my paypal accounts, it said again that their has been a problem "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later". This is like the 7th time ive tried :-/ I'm going up the bank in the morning to deposit some cash and then will try again, if it works, maybe its just Natwest who have this issue, if not, then i will have to make a dreadded call to paypal to ask if they can link it for me i guess :(
Old 01-23-2015

Quote:
No, their not similar at all. I created two completely random stealths with of course made up information. One i use to buy, the other to sell. I tried purchasing something from myself from one stealth to the other, just to see if it would pass the avs check. At first i tried it with a mastercard with false billing info, the check must have failed because i got the message "Your transaction has been declined by the card issuer". The 2nd time, I used the same "bogus" address, apart from i change the house number to the real one, and the postcode the same, it passed, and sent the payment, albeit, i lost 40p from paypal fee's but i guess i can always leave myself feedback! haha!

With regards to the natwest account, i just tried it again to link it to one of my paypal accounts, it said again that their has been a problem "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later". This is like the 7th time ive tried :-/ I'm going up the bank in the morning to deposit some cash and then will try again, if it works, maybe its just Natwest who have this issue, if not, then i will have to make a dreadded call to paypal to ask if they can link it for me i guess :(
Sorry....my brain is really not working tonight ha ha

Probably best i leave fpr someone else to answer. My opinion is that its a bad move to do this and if it was me, id just stop and just be patient and go with entropay. Will save you a lot of hassle.

Be careful doing the practice run of using two of your accounts to see if a transaction goes thru....youll link them all and cause more headache for ypurself.

As for natwest, ive never known any bank needing money in it to receive code. However i dont use natweat as yet.

See what others say but im pretty certain you are causing great risk doing it. I would be patient and wait for you to use entropay.
In the meantime, always good to give your accoubt hustory while u wait. Bid on thibgs yu know u aibt gonna win, watch a few things and just generally browse around.

Sorry for my terrible spelling. Still finding it hard with my thumb injury :-)
Old 01-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Sorry for my terrible spelling. Still finding it hard with my thumb injury :-)
Sorry to hear about your thumb, how did you manage to injure it? lol

and thanks for your posts, i know its a bit of a risk using one stealth to buy off another etc, i did bid on it just to start it off, but as i won it thought it looks better if i pay for it .via paypal etc.. (even at a loss of 40p!)
Old 01-23-2015

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your thumb, how did you manage to injure it? lol

and thanks for your posts, i know its a bit of a risk using one stealth to buy off another etc, i did bid on it just to start it off, but as i won it thought it looks better if i pay for it .via paypal etc.. (even at a loss of 40p!)
Definately dont advise you to do it again...youll get yourself linked. PP to PP never advised

A broken plate sliced through my thumb really badly. Lost a chunk.from it. Its healing but still hurts a lot and using the tiny keypad on my beloved mobile phone...is very very hard
Old 01-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Thats true.
Im hoping someone might tell me whether they have experimented with one for all.
Its a prepaid visa my local has started selling :-)
That's rsot's dream that others do the experimenting.

LOL.

Old 01-23-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
That's rsot's dream that others do the experimenting.

LOL.

I love this forum. The banter offers a little humour which is always good at the end of the day:-)

I shall guinea pig myself for this one for all card and report back
Old 01-24-2015

Quote:

to use a card from your bank that you got with the bank account , the post code has to match the paypal postcode otherwise it fails.

there are some advantages to doing things this way like the fact you can fund payments and pass the id request at limitation.

some say the second is not an advantage because you could be asked for id at any time, However I never have when I set accounts up like this and I have a few spead over a few years.

ebay might ask for id though but I find providing them with it at midnight and then calling them gets results because you always get someone from another county that don't know what they are looking at.

However, If you have already used this card to fund a paypal transaction somewhere else, then if you add it to this account , one or both will get limited.

Last edited by joffieJaffa; 01-24-2015 at 01:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to joffieJaffa For This Useful Post:
brownsauce215 (01-28-2015)