Vero Cracking down this week ? Items removed , account suspended ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Old 04-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron
Default Vero Cracking down this week ? Items removed , account suspended ?

I know several sellers that have been selling certain items for years without any trouble from Vero. Now this past week myself and others have had listings removed and accounts suspended that we had thought were safe.
We know certain brands are dangerous , so we try to avoid selling those brands.
It appears to me that there is a major Vero crackdown going down right now.
Anybody else noticing the same issue?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I suspected (for no solid reason) that it was 'about that time'. I only had one listing that would have fit the criteria, and YUP, sure enough MC019.
Old 04-21-2009

Longevity: 96%

I have noticed that. What I have really seen and happen to me is the EBay 2 step, PayPal limit and then an EBay suspension.
Old 04-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Yes - I just checked ebay and I saw alot of my small competition is gone - sorry guys but this is actually good news for me
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Nice to be on the upper end of something like this, for you, NOID.

Cheers.
Old 04-21-2009

Longevity: 87%

Yup! I just got banned today! I listed an item using ebay's prefilled description and picture! UNBELIEVABLE!
Old 04-21-2009

Longevity: 93%

I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Old 04-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Now would be a good time to reevaluate how you sell vero and take a look at your competition to see why ebay didn't merc them yet if at all.
Old 04-23-2009

The COPS thing at ioffer is doing the same...
Old 04-24-2009

Longevity: 96%

Can someone list the brand names? So we can stay away from listing these for now. Thanks!
Old 04-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by arysmith View Post
I have noticed that. What I have really seen and happen to me is the EBay 2 step, PayPal limit and then an EBay suspension.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I ended up here. And man did I rake it in too. I made about $1000 in 8 hours (which is a lot for me) but doh! I had no clue what was about to transpire as a result of the sudden surge in cash into my PayPal account. Oh well. I can laugh at it now (on one level at least).
Old 04-24-2009

The rights owners are working extremely hard at the moment because sales aren't too good for them due to this global recession. They can't afford to lose out money cos of Chinese replicas at the moment. I had some T-shirts removed myself....
Old 04-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

how about they lower their prices on these overpriced goods and they will get more sales..just a thought...
Old 04-24-2009

I agree with you ebaykilla....but if they leave their prices high that gives some sellers the opportunity to make some cash with the replicas too...
Old 04-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Nice to be on the upper end of something like this, for you, NOID.

Cheers.
First of all vicvelcro, you seem to like this forum a lot my Friend. 108 Posts in 3 days . Watching you . But anyways i got a couple trademark violation this week to, 7 in 4 days. All of them are not from the rights owners but just competition or Ebay. Looks like ebay working hard on getting there site clean, items that i could list weeks/months ago getting removed now within Hours. If anybody got tips on products that are not vero and selling well, please send me a pm. I'm looking to invest my money, just don't know in what yet.
Old 04-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

108 posts in 3 days wow...
Old 04-24-2009
Vicvelcro

A good portion of those are due to a long series in one topic where somebody needed almost step-by-step advice.

Anyhow, to stay OT:

NOID said earlier: Now would be a good time to reevaluate how you sell vero and take a look at your competition to see why ebay didn't merc them yet if at all.

Anybody have any items or advice on how somebody would succeed with that? I mean, I always pre-evaluate before listing. Peep the hallway, scope out the terrain, review similar items listed before I list mine.

Sometimes, using what I know or can figure out - just seems to fall a little short. Sometimes, when you think you've done it right, you know... bad luck comes along and makes you doubt your own skills.

It sucks to have an old Gary Numan record pulled for VeRO when the record is out of print...
Old 04-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

I must admit that you know alot and you are appreciated here.

I sell vero and to be honest I havent had any problems since I came to this forum but I did change the way I sell by researching my products on google and seeing how well most of my competion is doing and if I would have any problems selling that particular item. I have changed the way I describe my items, like using my own words..., and taking my own pictures but I dont think I am really safe, just so lucky so far. I will be selling something else soon, still vero but without the worries of listings being removed. I did alot of research on that one. I really dont feel comfortable listing products I sell. There are lots of great things to sell on ebay but you have to find it and research it and list it.
Old 04-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO ID View Post
That counts for me to, but i spend 3-4 hours everyday on this forum and it is always funny if somebody pops up like a PRO, specially if you just signed up. For me you the story is very simple, you know a lot about ebay/Paypal and seems to find your way true this forum very quick. Don't say you are 1 of them, but i keep my eyes open. Helping other people out is a great thing, but only if it is with the right meaning. still watching you. But if you are for REAL than we got a great new member
Old 04-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO ID View Post

I sell vero and to be honest I havent had any problems since I came to this forum but I did change the way I sell by researching my products on google and seeing how well most of my competion is doing and if I would have any problems selling that particular item. I have changed the way I describe my items, like using my own words..., and taking my own pictures but I dont think I am really safe, just so lucky so far. I will be selling something else soon, still vero but without the worries of listings being removed. I did alot of research on that one. I really dont feel comfortable listing products I sell. There are lots of great things to sell on ebay but you have to find it and research it and list it.
My problem to, i'm good for now but don't feel really safe with the products i'm selling. We should make a group or something to help each other out with that. Or maybe not with all the funny ebay/paypal people here. But anyways if anybody is interested PM me.
Old 04-24-2009
Vicvelcro

Old 04-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Like HWGA and myself have commented on. There are some vero items you can list 365 days a year. And some you can only list a certain amount of days or a certain way. It all depends.