New Amazon Postage... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 08-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default New Amazon Postage...

Just curious what everyone thinks about this? It sounds intriguing, I like the idea of shipping through Amazon, pay for postage with balance, no more need for $10 or $15 a month for programs like endicia, stamps.com, etc. Tracking # goes straight into system, no more copy pasting your tracking info on every order. However, I was wondering if anyone has figured out if this will work for stealth accounts? I'm affraid to try because the first step says

"We do not currently have a ships from address stored for your account. You will need one to buy postage for your packages."

In my situation I'm not sure this will work because even though they have my stealth info, I still ship from old banned address. Thoughts?.....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ..

Yikes, just found the thread already existing on this :( Mod feel free to do with this what you will...
Old 08-06-2010

Longevity: 80%

Why don't you ship for your stealth account's address? OR use a PO box?
Old 08-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ..

because I use the safer route. A family relative so no info is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. But I don't want to burden them with packages they have to mail back to me all the time.

So amazon doesnt mind if your billing address is in one state, and then you ship from a different state all the time? Even if it were a drop shipper situation, I thought Amazon doesn't allow drop shipping so I dont see how they wouldnt think something is up shipping from another state. Don't get me wrong, I ship from the different state all the time, but I wouldn't want it to be on file with Amazon that I'm doing that. Seems like I would practically be red flagging myself!
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

This could pose a problem.

I know for sure that the USPS does not like packages with internet postage printed to have one zip code and ship from another zip code. Once I was by the post office in another town, very close, but not my post office. I was just there because I had to run some errands. I thought I'd save time and drop off my packages. They accepted them, but told me that they really need to be mailed from the same ZIP on the return label if sent with delivery confirmation.

I think, at worst, though the most likely thing to happen would be that you receive a letter from the USPS asking you not to do that anymore.

As to whether or not Amazon would get wind of it, that I don't have an answer for.

I like the idea of saving $15 per month that I spend on Endicia, but sometimes it might be better to keep some things separate.
Old 08-06-2010

Longevity: 84%

it works for me, i send from another adress since i think october 2009, ok they dont like it, but they accept it, its already paid, so what should they do.

U can also give Amazon or Stamps.com, whatever, a PO BOX.

When u like that
Old 08-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ...

I'm right there with you Jeff, glad to see someone else a little weary on here. It seems everyone else is so gung ho about this new amazon shipping. Its us cautious ones that will have our accounts longer. Then again, some people here are completely content with creating new accounts every couple of months. Not me...
Old 08-06-2010

Longevity: 84%

i need new accounts only in high risk categories, when i list normal stuff, the accounts can hold years.
Old 08-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisjaneway View Post
it works for me, i send from another adress since i think october 2009, ok they dont like it, but they accept it, its already paid, so what should they do.

U can also give Amazon or Stamps.com, whatever, a PO BOX.

When u like that
I seriously urge caution here. To get a PO Box, you need to fill out a USPS form with your real information and take it in with TWO forms of ID.

All it takes for anyone to find out the name and address behind a PO BOX is a request to the USPS. Yes, they WILL give it out upon request. It may take 2 weeks to get the info, but it is definitely doable.

The only way I see around this is to file the USPS form with false information and to show them ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID's - which is VERY ILLEGAL! Certainly not an area I want to explore.
Old 08-13-2010

Longevity: 83%

my only thought about the postage is that , if you do not already have the inventory and you wait until you get the orders and then order from your source and then reship this can take a week or a little more. Amazon says 4-14 days for media so you would be ok. If you use their postage either they will know you waited after the confirmation to ship or they might track it and see it has not been ship yet or late.

on the flipside if you have your inventory then i wonder if using their postage will get you though a velocity limit review quicker?