FEEDBACKs is key to amazon selling - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 01-09-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default FEEDBACKs is key to amazon selling

Anyone has good ways to earn feedback fast?

I am going sell cheap items on amazon now to earn feed backs..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Amazon is much tougher than eBay in this regard.

Amazon wants 20% of your buyers to leave you positive feedback.

The problem is, Amazon buyers don't realize how important feedback is to sellers. Most of them don't want to be bothered with it. Unless something goes wrong. Then, just TRY and keep them away from that keyboard!

There is no easy answer to this. But what I do is enclose a thank-you note with each order giving my toll-free number and direct email address in case there are any problems. I also put in there if they are happy with their purchase, to please remember to leave feedback.

This does increase feedback a little bit. It also gives the buyers a way to contact me WITHOUT going through Amazon if there is a problem. Technically, this is a violation of their rules, but it is not severe. The only time I got caught, I emailed Seller Performance explaining I did not know this and was very sorry and that I would never enclose anything other than their packing slip with my orders. This satisfied them.

Be sure to word the notes differently for each account, and use different paper sizes, fonts, etc. on each letter. For some, I use a regular size sheet of paper. Others are half-sheets or quarter sheets. I use Arial, Helvetica, comic sans-serif, times new-roman, Bookman old style, etc for the fonts. The paper is always white. The fonts are blue, red, orange, green, purple, black, etc. Just change it up so that if an Amazon rep was looking at two of your notes side by side, they would not think they came from the same person. Also, if you get caught, don't enclose any more letters for orders on that account. The first time they will most likely forgive you. The second time, they may suspend you or even block your account. The good news is that Amazon will never know unless a customer complains and most customers will never complain.

In November and December, I probably did over 1,000 orders from Amazon, and enclosed notes on 99% of them. I had about 30 complaints overall. None were about the notes. 10 people ignored my email address and 800 number and complained through Amazon, the way their system is designed. Another 18 emailed me directly. And only TWO called. Never be afraid to enclose a phone number. Most people are reassured by this, but will never call. They would rather go through email.

Here is another customer service tip. I use it everywhere. If a customer calls or emails a complaint, or even complains though Amazon, I always apologize and offer a full refund INCLUDING shipping charges both ways, or a replacement. I let the customer choose which. Nine out of ten choose the replacement. Why? Because my response reassures them that I am an honest seller and that I will stand behind what I sell.

When sending replacements, I always include a small gift with it. I try to send something relevant to the item ordered, but it never has a high value, nor is it heavy. I pay less than 50 cents for a book, and maybe a dollar for a DVD. These are always closeouts, not the newer stuff. My local dollar store LOVES ME! And so do my customers.

I sometimes even get repeat business and other referrals from these. One person even emailed me when she ordered again. She said I was not the cheapest price for the item ordered, but that she knew I was trustworthy and that it really put her mind at ease to be dealing with someone she could trust.

In closing, let me just advise you to STOP thinking in the short term when it comes to feedback and customer service and have a plan to deal with any problems. What works for me may not work for you, but you should be able to come up with a plan that WILL work for you. Just treat people the way YOU would like to be treated if YOU were the buyer with a problem.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
BlackberryGuy (01-12-2011), bronwyn (01-14-2011), cherrqell (01-09-2011), Melissa1971 (01-09-2011), msk5412 (01-10-2011), ovidiu (01-29-2011)
Old 01-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

That was a great post. Should be included with every Amazon Ghost purchase!
Old 01-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I got most of my new positive feedback from popular fiction books I uploaded for that purpose. Sell books cheap, ship them first class mail or better with delivery confirmation, include a note, and looks like a bunch of buyers will leave positives.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
Bang (01-13-2011)
Old 01-13-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
I got most of my new positive feedback from popular fiction books I uploaded for that purpose. Sell books cheap, ship them first class mail or better with delivery confirmation, include a note, and looks like a bunch of buyers will leave positives.
Thanks
Old 01-29-2011

Longevity: 76%

The only way I started getting feedback was to start selling huge and have a few drop ship operations on best selling books. I would drop ship priority mail even for orders I receive as standard. I started getting a little bit more feedback but its still around a 10% return, its just the sheer contact with customers got me 60 more feedbacks in the last few months after moving 600 books to them. Every now and then sweep all your received orders and send a feedback request, you can get a few more reviews like that, but be careful of sending the feedback request before they receive their book, I had a jerk customer give me a negative feedback literally for emailing her a shipment notification and feedback request, she saw it as spam.

I am currently paranoid of moving large quantities since statistically it seems to open you to more negative feedbacks. There is a bit more cushion if you have 1000 sales, so you can handle 10 bad feedbacks, but you also open yourself up to 1000 more situations that could go sour, and its only the ones who have something bad to say who are the ones who feedback you. With more volume I notice I come into contact with more feedback newbs who file an AtoZ claim before the delivery estimate, or who give bad feedback after waiting only 7 days saying the book didn't arive. It all basically boils down to 2-3 negatives and you are out. Currently suspended for 8 defects out of 646 orders in the last 3 months. I really don't know how you're supposed to stay alive on amazon.

If all my customers left feedback I would be at 99.7% positive, but I currently have 88% life time for 8 defects...what about the other 632 that were fine? their feedback system is far from accurate or even useful.

**** stressed me out.
Old 01-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 82%

Shipping speed is key to FEEDBACK.

many of my customers will leave feedback.. when I ship the books at lighting speed..

I hate to ask for feedback by myself; sometimes, they will leave bad reviews because of that..

After all, 98% of amazon customers are super good.
Old 01-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

+1 for shipping speed. People are totally impressed when their book shows up in a Priority Mail envelope. Completely impressed.