MAC address - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 10-03-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Re: MAC address

Quote:
Originally Posted by minns View Post
Does any of this IP address stuff matter if I just log in to Amazon from a local coffee shop on my laptop instead or my home PC that I was using?
at the moment no one can say for sure if IPs are under the criteria that amazon use.

There are a finite number of IP addresses and they do get recycled so it would seem pretty harsh if amazon banned people on this alone when it could get a completely innocent person linked.

Having said that as there is no solid proof either way (in my opinion) I would not use the internet in a cafe and a different Ip is still one of the first things I do when setting up a new account.

I dont know how serious you are about selling on amazon but if you plan to make any kind of revenue then surely it is worth investing in your own stealth compatible internet access?

Last edited by barrycruan; 10-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
eiross (10-17-2013), helpmelol (10-03-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
A 10:1 ratio of new items with old items sounds like a good ratio. Others with more experience with that particular area might give you some better numbers to guide you.
That is one of our newer urban myths too. I swear someone sat down and pulled the numbers out of a hat.

Cropped up as a suggestion rather than usable stealth fact.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (10-03-2013), barrycruan (10-03-2013), Brainbuster (01-28-2014), helpmelol (10-03-2013), n8zzz (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 68%

Myths seem to be more prevalent nowadays, GB.

Not sure why browsing fingerprinting is being questioned as not being tracked.

Anyhow, ultimately it is up to the person to make their own informed decision.

My advice would be to err on the side of caution and not take shortcuts when operating stealth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (10-03-2013), helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013

Quote:
Myths seem to be more prevalent nowadays, GB.

Not sure why browsing fingerprinting is being questioned as not being tracked.

Anyhow, ultimately it is up to the person to make their own informed decision.

My advice would be to err on the side of caution and not take shortcuts when operating stealth.
Browser finger printing is one, if not the biggest myth of them all. Someone heard it mentioned and then decided thats what amazon use. There is no proof either way but this is why Im quite certain they dont use it. I would like to know why you are so certain they do....

To do this amazon would have to keep a record of hundreds of millions of people browser fingerprint, which is not a huge deal.

But then they would have to cross reference this info with every person who logged in. Their servers would have to search a database of close to a biillion files for every single person who logged in. does that seem realistic to anyone.

Not only would it cost millions of dollars and grind amazons servers to a hault processing this info for every single user. This technology which you think they implement to catch a few stealth users can be beaten by using a different browser.

Not only can it be beaten by that, most people will have a "unique browser" each and every single time they log in. Inadvertently bi-passing this technology.

Now I have no solid proof amazon dont use browser fingerprinting but it makes no sense for any business on that kind of scale to implement such pointless technology.

Last edited by barrycruan; 10-03-2013 at 03:44 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
aleen (10-12-2013), Brainbuster (01-28-2014), eiross (10-17-2013), helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

So I am basically safe when I create a different user account and change my IP address (and the other changes, name, bank etc.)?

And if I use VMWare software it is perfect?

(Question; who of you does only use a different user account & IP address to create a stealth account? So without changing your MAC address/purchasing a new computer)
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Browser finger printing is one, if not the biggest myth of them all. Someone heard it mentioned and then decided thats what amazon use. There is no proof either way but this is why Im quite certain they dont use it. I would like to know why you are so certain they do....
I see you have Amazon Ghost guide. Did you skip over the entire sections on Browser Fingerprinting?

If you are so certain it is not used, please write your own Amazon Guide for us and we'll read it and use that instead.

We can debate back and forth all night what Amazon uses to detect/link accounts.

It is up to the user to decide what they deem important. I understand your stance and it is logical, but I prefer to not take shortcuts and assume things by discounting topics which are covered in the Amazon Ghost guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelol View Post
So I am basically safe when I create a different user account and change my IP address (and the other changes, name, bank etc.)?

And if I use VMWare software it is perfect?

(Question; who of you does only use a different user account & IP address to create a stealth account? So without changing your MAC address/purchasing a new computer)
plenty of people only use a different IP, do some research.

Changing your user account is just as safe as VMware. If done correctly there is no difference, just a lot less messing about.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
aleen (10-12-2013), eiross (10-17-2013), helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013

Quote:
I see you have Amazon Ghost guide. Did you skip over the entire sections on Browser Fingerprinting?

If you are so certain it is not used, please write your own Amazon Guide for us and we'll read it and use that instead.

We can debate back and forth all night what Amazon uses to detect/link accounts.

It is up to the user to decide what they deem important. I understand your stance and it is logical, but I prefer to not take shortcuts and assume things by discounting topics which are covered in the Amazon Ghost guide.
I dont assume anything. The only assumptions are coming from you.

Everything I write I have put into practice over the last 5 years. There are plenty of websites that will "fingerprint your browser" for you.

Now do that then look at a few websites and get your browser fingerprinted again. It will be totally unique. I know amazon do not use this technology as it is far too accurate to be of any use. However what I know and what I can prove are two different things.

Amazon ghost is a great beginners guide. Talk to any of the older members and a lot do not follow all of the principles amazon ghost sets out. And some such as the info on MAC addresses is just plane wrong. That why there is a forum, to accompany it.

Its no big deal if people want to take measures against browser finger printing but its another thing to tell others it is a definite precaution they need to take when you dont seem to know what it actually is.

Last edited by barrycruan; 10-03-2013 at 04:17 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
aleen (10-12-2013), Brainbuster (01-28-2014), eiross (10-17-2013), helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

I know what it is... I posted here last month.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...tml#post484676

But again, great job in making assumptions
helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013

There you go assuming again.

You need to look that word up. I said "you dont seem to know", that is not an assumption.

And based on what you have previously said you dont. A copy and paste thread from a few months ago missing out one of the most essential parts of browser finger print detection does not change my mind.

SO great job on assuming I was assuming, I wasnt

Last edited by barrycruan; 10-03-2013 at 04:34 PM.
aleen (10-12-2013), helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Click on this and let me know if this software can detect your browser fingerprint as being unique...

https://panopticlick.eff.org/index.p...ion=log&js=yes

Seems like they can! Why can this software can detect it so easily?

But maybe their assuming too...
helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013

ha, thanks for proving my point.

I posted that link many months ago, you might find it in my history since you enjoy going through it.

Every time I click on it I am unique. I have been on that website countless times and every time I am unique. SO this proves...
Old 10-03-2013

Quote:
Click on this and let me know if this software can detect your browser fingerprint as being unique...

https://panopticlick.eff.org/index.p...ion=log&js=yes

Seems like they can! Why can this software can detect it so easily?

But maybe their assuming too...
You also seem a bit confused now. I never said amazon are not capable of doing this. They are and so are most websites. I said they wont do it for very very obvious reasons. The main one being the point you just kindly proved to everyone.

you are losing yourself.

Last edited by barrycruan; 10-03-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
You also seem a bit confused now. I never said amazon are not capable of doing this. They are and so are most websites. I said they wont do it for very very obvious reasons. The main one being the point you just kindly proved to everyone.

you are losing yourself.
Thanks for all the info / advice .

I have just a few questions;

- How many times were you banned before you created your current stealth account?

- And how long has this been going well (I think you said 5 years, but not sure).

- And correct me if I am wrong; but you have only changed your IP address & created a new user account, right? So you didn't mess around in order to change your MAC address / browserfingerprint, right?
Old 10-03-2013

I was banned countless times. I cant even remember how many

I have never been suspended for being linked (after going stealth), been around 3 years of pure stealth now. 2 years before were spent on other peoples accounts, not ideal.

If you change the computer user cookies/ browser fingerprint will be taken care of. MAC you dont need to worry about.

Last edited by barrycruan; 10-03-2013 at 07:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
aleen (10-12-2013)
Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Thanks for all the info / advice .

I have just a few questions;

- How many times were you banned before you created your current stealth account?

- And how long has this been going well (I think you said 5 years, but not sure).

- And correct me if I am wrong; but you have only changed your IP address & created a new user account, right? So you didn't mess around in order to change your MAC address / browserfingerprint, right?
If you're on a Static IP from your ISP, then you need to worry more about altering your IP address.

If you want to be super safe, format your hdd, install a fresh OS (unless you're using a diff computer for stealth), then use a different browser for sellercentral than you used before, and stick with that browser for Amazon only. Use your normal browser for your regular internet activities that don't involve Amazon. This takes care of fingerprinting/cookies/tracking.

I recommend not using chrome for Amazon since the way it shares cookies on the computer isn't quite as secure, or so I've heard.

5 gold accounts, 2 suspension, 0 suspensions due to linking ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to n8zzz For This Useful Post:
eiross (10-17-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

My desktop PC is broken, I used internet explorer + chrome + firefox on that one.
I am currently using my macbook pro, I only logged in with chrome & safari on my previous accounts.

So I am safe when I use firefox, new IP +new user account instead, right?
Never used firefox on my macbook. I am not sure if that's possible, but I downloaded chrome too, so I think it should be no problem.
Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 65%

Well, it's more important to pick one and then stick with it for logging in. I use an old version of FF on one of my mains and just the standard latest IE on the other. Look up browser fingerprinting to understand how plugins, fonts, etc. are used to identify you.
Old 10-05-2013

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
I won't use the same inventory. Some items will be the same, but I only listed 8 or 9 products on my previous account, I have like 100 different things to sell, so I don't think they'll track me because of a few similar items.

And I don't know what browserfingerprinting is. Have to read about that.

Do I need to worry about that when I change my IP address and use a different (new) user account ?
i don't think inventory is big problem. i rarely get problem from inventory. what i am concern is your fingerprint , not a lot of people do it correctly, i lost few accounts because of it. that's why i either buy a cheap laptop or completely reinstall my system which makes your pc completely fresh.
more than that, your selling manner is more important than everything else ( of course, don't link each other at first place). sell genuine and sell gently . after 2 months ,your account will be okay.

as you mentioned user account, it won't remove your fingerprint, just a little help for your browser cookies, it's not enough, i lost 4 accounts in mins few years ago because of user account.
as i said before, it takes your time to fully understand amazon ghost.
thanks to amazon ghost, it's the best book for steath so far ( not one of).
Old 10-05-2013

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Yeah, this is the list:

- New IP address
- New address
- New name
- New bank account
- New (virtual) credit card
- New phone number (for verification)
- New user account
- New inventory, or similar but only 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10 items can be the same as previously used inventory

So I thought the MAC address was the only remaining obstacle, but now some members are talking about browserfingerprint. Don't know what that is :P.
my idea is:
1: your pc mac address is not an issue, new router and new ip is okay ( somebody saying amazon can trace your pc mac address, i tried 2 of accounts without changing pc mac address, the answer is : no problem)
2: do some homework on your fingerprint. the easiest way is buy a cheap laptop , the second is completely reinstall your system.

please someone correct it if i said something wrong, i don't want anybody get wrong info for steath.
Old 10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane View Post
my idea is:
1: your pc mac address is not an issue, new router and new ip is okay ( somebody saying amazon can trace your pc mac address, i tried 2 of accounts without changing pc mac address, the answer is : no problem)
2: do some homework on your fingerprint. the easiest way is buy a cheap laptop , the second is completely reinstall your system.

please someone correct it if i said something wrong, i don't want anybody get wrong info for steath.

This is pretty bad advice in all honesty.

You do not need a new router and you certainly dont need a new laptop.

Please refrain from telling people to go out and buy these things when you dont seem to know what you are talking about as it can be rather damaging.

A new user account and a different web browser is more than enough.

Last edited by barrycruan; 10-06-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane View Post
i don't think inventory is big problem. i rarely get problem from inventory. what i am concern is your fingerprint , not a lot of people do it correctly, i lost few accounts because of it. that's why i either buy a cheap laptop or completely reinstall my system which makes your pc completely fresh.
more than that, your selling manner is more important than everything else ( of course, don't link each other at first place). sell genuine and sell gently . after 2 months ,your account will be okay.

as you mentioned user account, it won't remove your fingerprint, just a little help for your browser cookies, it's not enough, i lost 4 accounts in mins few years ago because of user account.
as i said before, it takes your time to fully understand amazon ghost.
thanks to amazon ghost, it's the best book for steath so far ( not one of).
if you dont understand what you are talking about dont give out advice on it.

A browser fingerprint is unique to each browser so you would not even have to change the user account to have a unique browser fingerprint.

just use chrome then use firefox and your browser finger print is unique. This is the absolute basics of browser fingerprinting

Also inventory is a problem. If you list exactly the same products amazon can and do link people through this. There is no known ratio but I keep it at around 3 unique products to 1 previously listed.

edit: maybe it is not clear but when you switch accounts you use a different browser. This will 100% make you unique just in case they do use browser fingerprinting.

Last edited by barrycruan; 10-06-2013 at 11:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (01-28-2014)