"Change of ownership" for an Amazon account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-25-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Default "Change of ownership" for an Amazon account

Assume I changed the "ownership" of the account and changed the address/name/bank/ etc on the account. Does Amazon allow such things? Do they allow a change of ownership on the account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 48%
Longevity: 28%
Default Re: "Change of ownership" for an Amazon account

You can definitely update all the information on the account to match your real information, so that would make the account yours if that is what you're asking
Old 09-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
You can definitely update all the information on the account to match your real information, so that would make the account yours if that is what you're asking
Sweet. So Amazon "allows" change of ownership / selling accounts to others?

Would Amazon require specific changes as mandatory between ownership changes or special forms? For example, if im changing ownership would Amazon require I have a different email, phone number, password, etc? Would Amazon realize ownership is changing when I start updating information? Would I have to explain this to seller support when they suspend the account requesting ID?
Old 09-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 48%
Longevity: 28%

I don't think they allow a change of ownership / selling account to others

That may be against their terms of service

They would probably just have you create a new store with your information, rather than taking over an existing store and updating the details if you ask them

But I could be wrong
Old 09-27-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

I've done this but the best thing to do is to just change the tax information if you're trying to stay legit. Nothing else really matters except obviously bank/credit. I personally wouldn't risk changing the owner and address and everything else because you're more likely to be flagged - Amazon doesn't like you to use someone else's feedback/history to build your own separate business so even if it's legal it's "against their policy" and I wouldn't even mess with it when it's not necessary.
Old 09-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshamazon View Post
I've done this but the best thing to do is to just change the tax information if you're trying to stay legit. Nothing else really matters except obviously bank/credit. I personally wouldn't risk changing the owner and address and everything else because you're more likely to be flagged - Amazon doesn't like you to use someone else's feedback/history to build your own separate business so even if it's legal it's "against their policy" and I wouldn't even mess with it when it's not necessary.
Im worried the address may be used for purposes I am not yet aware of. I learned Amazon sends 1099K's to addresses on file, but this appears to only be for Amazon.com accounts, not Amazon.ca accounts (if I am not mistaken).

Have you experienced the address being used to mail things or anything similar in the past?

I will change the tax information shortly.