Windows 10 reformat - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-26-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Windows 10 reformat

Gah! one of my computers came with windows 10...

Is it enough to do a "reset" on it? Does it work like a "format" on windows 7 ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Windows 10 reformat

It is similar to windows 7 - but whether or not it has an image that you can use to 'reset' it depends on the manufacturer. If it is a branded PC or laptop, it should come with an image on a partitioned drive.

If it is a clone computer, it wouldn't have this image so you'd have to download your OS from MS which can be done if you supply your license key on the sticker.

Are you trying to downgrade to Windows 7 or are you just trying to reset it because you don't trust an install you did not do yourself?
Old 01-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 54%

I would not trust windows 10 specially for Amazon their system is much more clever then we think
Old 01-26-2021

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 78%

How to Factory Reset Windows 10
Open Settings. Click the Start Menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window. ...
Choose Recovery Options. Click the Recovery tab and select Get started under Reset this PC. ...
Save or Remove Files. At this point, you have two options. ...
Reset Your Computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
SaiJin (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
It is similar to windows 7 - but whether or not it has an image that you can use to 'reset' it depends on the manufacturer. If it is a branded PC or laptop, it should come with an image on a partitioned drive.

If it is a clone computer, it wouldn't have this image so you'd have to download your OS from MS which can be done if you supply your license key on the sticker.

Are you trying to downgrade to Windows 7 or are you just trying to reset it because you don't trust an install you did not do yourself?

I'm trying to reuse the computer for amazon.
I normally reinstall windows on Win7 Pro, but this is Win10 and I'm not used to it.

It's an ACER inspire laptop...
Old 01-27-2021
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
How to Factory Reset Windows 10
Open Settings. Click the Start Menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window. ...
Choose Recovery Options. Click the Recovery tab and select Get started under Reset this PC. ...
Save or Remove Files. At this point, you have two options. ...
Reset Your Computer.
Ya, that's what I've been doing... just wondering if that's the equivalent of a windows reinstall like win 7 .
Old 01-28-2021

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 63%

As long as you set up new window user accounts for your AZ accounts, you will be good. Been using '10' since the beginning of it, without any issues at all
Old 01-29-2021
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Well I have to use a new Microsoft account to even login and I only use 1 az account on 1 laptop.

I hope that new Microsoft account counts as a new windows user account since I did a remove all reset.
Old 01-29-2021

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Well I have to use a new Microsoft account to even login and I only use 1 az account on 1 laptop.

I hope that new Microsoft account counts as a new windows user account since I did a remove all reset.
I use one laptop that has 4 user accounts for our 4 AZ accounts. Been doing it for 5+ years without an issue. 2 each accounts are on the same platform, but i do use a different internet stick for all accounts.
Hope that helps.
Old 01-29-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post
I use one laptop that has 4 user accounts for our 4 AZ accounts. Been doing it for 5+ years without an issue. 2 each accounts are on the same platform, but i do use a different internet stick for all accounts.
Hope that helps.

if you want to be 100% sure to have a fresh installation i would format the HD and install windows 10 from scratch from microsoft site:

https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/soft...load/windows10
(I am redirected on the italian page but you should find the one you need)

You might need to download a W10 .iso image so before formatting the machine burn the iso on s DVD or make sure you know how to boot from USB.

You can also collect windows drivers from your actual PC if you want to make sure that all your HW will work as before
Here are some tools to do so:

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-backup-your-drivers/

I haven't reinstalled W10 yet so this is what I used to do in the past.
Old 01-29-2021
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Does this work for a branded laptop like Acer and HP ?
Old 01-29-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

laptop might be tricky, you are right but I guess it should be on the divers side only...

In any case, they all should have a "factory reset" option at startup
For example if you want to get rid of it and sell it to someone, all data and previous infos shall be erased
Old 01-29-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Does this work for a branded laptop like Acer and HP ?
Branded computers are better as you'd find hardware drivers on your manufacturer's website.
You only need a graphic, sound, ethernet/wifi and onboard chipset drivers. These you'd find on their website. The rest are probably bloatware.

I think you first have to decide if you wish to have 7 or 10 on your laptop. Personally, I prefer Windows 7 as it is faster, and have less bloatware and nearly zero telemetry.
If you'd prefer to work with Windows 7, you can download Windows 10 drivers form the manufacturer's website and extract the contents of the .exe / msi files before installation and let windows 7 select the relevant driver files.

If you'd rather work with win 10, you should consider a fresh install and use the downloaded drivers as is.

Whichever OS you choose, you can use Acronis True Image to create an image of your laptop. Should anything go wrong in the future, you can restore your image in a few minutes.
Old 01-30-2021

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 78%

The number one rule is to use a computer once only for each Amazon account, reformatting the hard drive, loading a fresh Windows 10 on it will not stop the PC from being associated from the previous banned account. If you lose an Amazon account, lose the PC you used to access it and buy another for the new account.
Old 01-30-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
The number one rule is to use a computer once only for each Amazon account, reformatting the hard drive, loading a fresh Windows 10 on it will not stop the PC from being associated from the previous banned account. If you lose an Amazon account, lose the PC you used to access it and buy another for the new account.
Actually, you can. No need for a new PC even if you run multiple Amazon accounts. Windows only need a few tweaks to change it's entire 'fingerprint.'

Here's a way to run multiple Amazon accounts on one PC:
Most PCs come with onboard chipsets for audio, Lan, USB and Graphics but it should also have PCI slots.

Get a new set of Audio, Lan, USB and Graphics Cards. HP or Dell will do.

You should now have 2 of each: One set integrated on your motherboard and the copies you just bought.

Using Permutations without Repetition, you can work out (with a pen and paper) several possible profiles to create a distinct combination each time.

Example: Onboard_Audio, Onboard_Lan, Onboard_USB and Onboard_Graphics = 1'st Profile
PCI_Audio, PCI_Lan, PCI_USB and PCI_Graphics Card =2nd Profile
Onboard_Audio, PCI_Lan, Onboard_USB and PCI_Graphics Card = 3rd Profile and so on.

You can take this further by throwing in revised drivers for the onboard chipsets and PCI cards. Further permutation of these should give you a large array of unique profiles.

When you have your list of profiles, you can go on to multiboot your PC using any combination of OS of your choice.

Each OS installations will be the equivalent of a brand new PC.

Amazon will have no clue because each OS and combination of Chipsets/PCI cards/drivers is indeed a brand new PC. It's only running in the same box to save cost.
Old 01-30-2021
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Branded computers are better as you'd find hardware drivers on your manufacturer's website.
You only need a graphic, sound, ethernet/wifi and onboard chipset drivers. These you'd find on their website. The rest are probably bloatware.

I think you first have to decide if you wish to have 7 or 10 on your laptop. Personally, I prefer Windows 7 as it is faster, and have less bloatware and nearly zero telemetry.
If you'd prefer to work with Windows 7, you can download Windows 10 drivers form the manufacturer's website and extract the contents of the .exe / msi files before installation and let windows 7 select the relevant driver files.

If you'd rather work with win 10, you should consider a fresh install and use the downloaded drivers as is.

Whichever OS you choose, you can use Acronis True Image to create an image of your laptop. Should anything go wrong in the future, you can restore your image in a few minutes.

it automatically comes with windows 10 and I have to create a Microsoft account to even use the PC -_-

I've recycled this PC 2x now and just did a remove all reset.
Old 01-30-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
it automatically comes with windows 10 and I have to create a Microsoft account to even use the PC -_-

I've recycled this PC 2x now and just did a remove all reset.
You can avoid creating an MS account, just skip it and use a local user account instead.
You can implement my post above and have multiple instances of Windows 10 or Windows 7 all on the same PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
Phd (02-01-2021)
Old 01-30-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 54%

Actually just to clarify you dont needs to do this for Amazon accounts on same pc, wmware with unique settings will do the job, I create many accounts on same pc and its never linked
Old 01-31-2021
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You can avoid creating an MS account, just skip it and use a local user account instead.
You can implement my post above and have multiple instances of Windows 10 or Windows 7 all on the same PC.
Oh really? I didn't know I can skip it as it didn't let me do that...

I have another acer laptop I need to reset so gonna try that.

How do I make a local user account?
Old 02-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

When completing the installation on the sign-in prompt, enter your previous MS account user, and an incorrect password. After the third attempt, a local account option should appear.

If that doesn't work.

Try this:
Disconnect your internet connection, then click "Create account."
The page should throw up an error saying something went wrong, click "Skip"
On the third page, enter the intended username for your local account. Enter a password and set up security question - and that should do it.
You can plug in your ethernet cable when you get to your desktop environment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
SaiJin (02-01-2021)
Old 02-01-2021
Super Moderator
Threadstarter  

Quote:
When completing the installation on the sign-in prompt, enter your previous MS account user, and an incorrect password. After the third attempt, a local account option should appear.

If that doesn't work.

Try this:
Disconnect your internet connection, then click "Create account."
The page should throw up an error saying something went wrong, click "Skip"
On the third page, enter the intended username for your local account. Enter a password and set up security question - and that should do it.
You can plug in your ethernet cable when you get to your desktop environment.
Gotcha, I'll try that since I need to setup a new account.

Thanks!