eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   *NEW* Amazon request for address verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/141865-new-amazon-request-address-verification.html)

Beautiful 02-04-2021 02:34 PM

*NEW* Amazon request for address verification

Looks like as of Feb 2021 some people are seeing emails to verify their business address on their existing accounts.

Shops that were never postal verified appear to be getting an email requesting to update their business address to an address that can receive a post card in the mail with a code, to verify their address on file.

As they're giving you the ability to add a business address, this shouldn't be too hard to solve.

You will still need access to a mailbox or mail forwarding service that allows you to receive mail. If you already have a mailbox/return service that accepts returns you may be able to use it to verify the code. Personally I recommend getting a virtual office mailbox address, that offers online mail scanning.

If you google without quotes "receive mail scan online" or something along those lines you'll see multiple companies that offer the service. All of them should work fine but you will still need to sign up and likely get verified with them. They will provide you with an address that can receive mail as well as services to scan your mail to view it online. Most allow you to pay for only a month of service and shouldn't cost more than $10-30.

As more people start getting this request, I figure we should start a thread to share the experience with others

Freakzilla 02-04-2021 07:17 PM

Re: *NEW* Amazon request for address verification

Is this for EU or just USA?

Beautiful 02-04-2021 11:34 PM

USA shops - EU/UK is behind on webcam/postal verification

phoenixdown 02-05-2021 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 1140171)
Looks like as of Feb 2021 some people are seeing emails to verify their business address on their existing accounts.

Shops that were never postal verified appear to be getting an email requesting to update their business address to an address that can receive a post card in the mail with a code, to verify their address on file.

As they're giving you the ability to add a business address, this shouldn't be too hard to solve.

You will still need access to a mailbox or mail forwarding service that allows you to receive mail. If you already have a mailbox/return service that accepts returns you may be able to use it to verify the code. Personally I recommend getting a virtual office mailbox address, that offers online mail scanning.

If you google without quotes "receive mail scan online" or something along those lines you'll see multiple companies that offer the service. All of them should work fine but you will still need to sign up and likely get verified with them. They will provide you with an address that can receive mail as well as services to scan your mail to view it online. Most allow you to pay for only a month of service and shouldn't cost more than $10-30.

As more people start getting this request, I figure we should start a thread to share the experience with others

Because of the existence of mail scanning services, it is exactly why it wont work.

There is an entire industry of marketplace bank providers just because of the existence of amazon. Now there will be an industry of marketplace postal verification providers.

When ebay an amazon introduce forced and free returns. An industry of mail and parcel forwarders were introduced.

These mail forwarders will be LEGAL in free world countries, what can amazon do to get government to ban them? Nothing, people have right to provide this service.

The standard way government regulations forces KYC/address's verification on amazon, banks and payment providers is via scans of utility bills.

The regulation does not say to verify address via code send to house.

fatfarmer 02-05-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixdown (Post 1140271)
Because of the existence of mail scanning services, it is exactly why it wont work.

There is an entire industry of marketplace bank providers just because of the existence of amazon. Now there will be an industry of marketplace postal verification providers.

When ebay an amazon introduce forced and free returns. An industry of mail and parcel forwarders were introduced.

These mail forwarders will be LEGAL in free world countries, what can amazon do to get government to ban them? Nothing, people have right to provide this service.

The standard way government regulations forces KYC/address's verification on amazon, banks and payment providers is via scans of utility bills.

The regulation does not say to verify address via code send to house.

What do you suggest??

phoenixdown 02-06-2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfarmer (Post 1140319)
What do you suggest??

paypal introduced postal code verification (by sending 4 digit code) in japan 5+ years ago. But never introduced it to the rest of the world

e2free 02-06-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixdown (Post 1140462)
paypal introduced postal code verification (by sending 4 digit code) in japan 5+ years ago. But never introduced it to the rest of the world

AMAZON always rollout in other marketplaces they start with USA and within year they implement across all marketplaces,

Beautiful 02-06-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixdown (Post 1140462)

This is Amazon tho, where security continues to increase

I imagine webcam/postal will eventually be on all shops

Zwill 02-06-2021 10:48 PM

You think even old accounts will be asked for webcam verification

Beautiful 02-07-2021 12:06 AM

I don't think so, that would require too much man power

Postal codes can be automated

Ellis555 02-09-2021 10:55 AM

Has anyone done this process yet? It seems to be that once you get the post card in the mail you will then have to verify your identity too? Can anyone confirm this as my ghost account I do not have any of that info....

Thanks!

Beautiful 02-09-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellis555 (Post 1141082)
Has anyone done this process yet? It seems to be that once you get the post card in the mail you will then have to verify your identity too? Can anyone confirm this as my ghost account I do not have any of that info....

Thanks!

That's only the case if you are signing up, verification happens after postal code verification.

This thread is for those getting the request to verify address, after there shop has already been verified/made

Ellis555 02-09-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 1141111)
That's only the case if you are signing up, verification happens after postal code verification.

This thread is for those getting the request to verify address, after there shop has already been verified/made

Okay so I should be fine as the account has been open for 8+ months once I verify with the post card?

nochitt 02-09-2021 04:03 PM

Here's a thread with my experience:
https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon...ification.html

Porsche032 02-10-2021 01:15 AM

There's a FAQ box on the verify page that states.

"Once you enter your code on the screen, you will get a real time decision. If your address was validated then you can proceed to submitting your identity documents. If we cannot validate your address then you can restart the process by requesting a new postcard either to the same address or a different address."

It says you can proceed to submitting your identity documents. Does that mean after the address verify they will request identity docs?

phoenixdown 02-10-2021 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nochitt (Post 1141126)
Here's a thread with my experience:
https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon...ification.html

You didnt write your experience, just that you needed help

Zwill 02-10-2021 11:15 PM

I got the request

After verifying can I change address back

Freakzilla 02-11-2021 05:54 AM

Was this for an existing account or a new one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zwill (Post 1141322)
I got the request

After verifying can I change address back

Zwill 02-11-2021 01:27 PM

6 months old

Porsche032 02-11-2021 03:26 PM

Zwill what request did you get?

Beautiful 02-11-2021 03:28 PM

Got a couple people that have already sent the codes - will update on how it goes

Zwill 02-11-2021 11:59 PM

Thought it’s verified instantly?