Passing tax interview with single member LLCs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-05-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 13%
Default Passing tax interview with single member LLCs

I browsed through past conversations here and saw multiple individuals with single member LLCs trying to pass amazon's tax interview but never a solution.

Behind the scenes amazon's tax interview is simple. They use the IRS's TIN matching software. I do not believe amazon has another way to check your EIN as this information is kept private by the IRS but please correct me if I am wrong. Amazon submits the info you provided on the tax interview into the software and the results come back as one of the following numbers.

0 = TIN and Name combination matches IRS records.
1 = TIN was missing or TIN not 9-digit numeric.
2 = TIN entered is not currently issued.
3 = TIN and Name combination does not match IRS records.
4 = Invalid TIN Matching request.
5 = Duplicate TIN Matching request.
6 = TIN and Name combination matches IRS SSN records.
7 =TIN and Name combination matches IRS EIN records.
8 =TIN and Name combination matches IRS SSN and EIN records.

The IRS does not provide them with any of your information, just one of the numbers.

The way I passed the tax interview is by choosing the business tax classification and submitting it as a partnership. The TIN matching will not tell amazon whether your company is a single member or partnership.

So far my cpa has not had a problem with this when tax season roles around but please consult your own cpa if you decide to try this.

Last edited by Apexpursuit; 04-05-2023 at 10:50 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apexpursuit For This Useful Post:
alekov (05-03-2023), Canadianleaf (06-06-2023), degsey69 (04-05-2023), prowake (04-06-2023), rsot (04-08-2023), TheBosss (04-11-2023)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2023

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Passing tax interview with single member LLCs

Well done very essential information for Amazon account holders.
Old 05-02-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexpursuit View Post
I browsed through past conversations here and saw multiple individuals with single member LLCs trying to pass amazon's tax interview but never a solution.

Behind the scenes amazon's tax interview is simple. They use the IRS's TIN matching software. I do not believe amazon has another way to check your EIN as this information is kept private by the IRS but please correct me if I am wrong. Amazon submits the info you provided on the tax interview into the software and the results come back as one of the following numbers.

0 = TIN and Name combination matches IRS records.
1 = TIN was missing or TIN not 9-digit numeric.
2 = TIN entered is not currently issued.
3 = TIN and Name combination does not match IRS records.
4 = Invalid TIN Matching request.
5 = Duplicate TIN Matching request.
6 = TIN and Name combination matches IRS SSN records.
7 =TIN and Name combination matches IRS EIN records.
8 =TIN and Name combination matches IRS SSN and EIN records.

The IRS does not provide them with any of your information, just one of the numbers.

The way I passed the tax interview is by choosing the business tax classification and submitting it as a partnership. The TIN matching will not tell amazon whether your company is a single member or partnership.

So far my cpa has not had a problem with this when tax season roles around but please consult your own cpa if you decide to try this.
Did you setup a multi member LLC in this case or single member and simply stated it's a partnership during the amazon Tax interview?
Did you use your own name as a point of contact even though you were previously suspended under that name? Just curious as I am in the process of trying to setup a new account and thinking to follow the same route...
Old 06-06-2023

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 40%

Need a small refresher, can a sole prop with an EIN issued from the IRS pass the tax interview? The sole props individual name will be the same on the amazon account as with the IRS including the EIN.

If this passes, all good. Only concern would be Amazon asking for the SSN as well later on.
Old 06-07-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
Need a small refresher, can a sole prop with an EIN issued from the IRS pass the tax interview? The sole props individual name will be the same on the amazon account as with the IRS including the EIN.

If this passes, all good. Only concern would be Amazon asking for the SSN as well later on.
In theory it should work if you choose to submit it as a partnership. Would love to hear your results.
Old 06-07-2023
Threadstarter  

If you know anybody that employs U.S workers they can sign up and access the TIN matching software. This means you could do your own mock tax interview before doing amazons.