eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   how does amazon verify supplier (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/150910-how-does-amazon-verify-supplier.html)

murdered_by_ebay 03-08-2024 08:32 AM

Re: how does amazon verify supplier

trust in amazon is good , it is a strategy that will keep you busy for a long time

SaiJin 03-08-2024 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTom (Post 1236876)
I cannot imagine Amazon calling a wholesaler about a private account and expecting any kind of info. Any claims they do are, as far as I'm concerned, hearsay as there's no evidence whatsoever that they do.

If my suppliers divulged a shred of info about my account with them they'd be hearing from my solicitor - Data Protection is a serious business nowadays.

IMO they have ways to validate the likelihood an invoice is legitimate without picking up the phone.

They do call when they want to and they do get the info...

Do they ALWAYS call? No.

e2free 03-08-2024 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTom (Post 1237034)
You'll have to forgive me if I'm more inclined to believe what they say than you do :)

You are totally wrong and don’t know nothing about Amazon, they do call, I had call several times from Amazon to verify invoice issued by my company they do send email aswell to verify the info
You can refuse under data protection but they will reject invoice for the seller who provided

Amazon has powers since they got traffic they can do whatever they like no matter what

agent006140 03-08-2024 08:00 PM

I just heard on TV that sellers are complaining that AMZN complains they keep their inventory at too low level?

murdered_by_ebay 03-09-2024 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1237084)
I just heard on TV that sellers are complaining that AMZN complains they keep their inventory at too low level?

amazon want the sellers to ship in as much as possible or there will charge an additional fee if the average inventory is too low for a product

the main issue here is that any sellers who gets suspended risks loss of inventory

OldTom 03-09-2024 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1237080)
You are totally wrong and don’t know nothing about Amazon, they do call, I had call several times from Amazon to verify invoice issued by my company they do send email aswell to verify the info
You can refuse under data protection but they will reject invoice for the seller who provided

Amazon has powers since they got traffic they can do whatever they like no matter what

LOL, you do see the irony with your revelation in telling me I know nothing given some of the claims by other poster(s).

But thank you for confirming there are Data Protection issues as I mentioned earlier, which they respect, and asked your permission to contact them.

This is completely different to the 'they just call and get what they want due to their size and wholesaler distribution agreements' nonsense we've been fed.

It's also the first time this has been mentioned. Thank you for clarifying, I never did believe that Amazon wouldn't ask permission to call nor that they simply expect suppliers to roll over and knowingly breach confidential customer information laws.

I'm trying to imagine the response from my wholesalers if an Asian voice appeared on the phone out of the blue claiming to be from Amazon and asking to discus their client accounts with them.

Has anyone put this to the test? Has anyone called their supplier pretending to be from Amazon? I think we know the outcome. :pound:

Anyway, great info. Lets say folk are free to believe whatever they want and if they 'know' that Amazon will call, without your permission, then they simply have to prepare accordingly. Simples.

murdered_by_ebay 03-09-2024 04:25 AM

amazon have a list of authorized suppliers , that is suppliers who they know and who would give out the information

I do not have any doubt that nobody would provide anything to a random caller in absence of an agreement made in advance , they likely have a contact at each such company who they can directly call or email or with large companies they may have direct access

in any case amazon are much stricter nowdays , in the past they could easily accept invoices from a variety of suppliers , today all invoices from any supplier they do not know get automatically rejected

rsot 03-09-2024 12:05 PM

auto-rejection is the headache of many small time supplier use sadly

agent006140 03-09-2024 02:24 PM

Some companies do not have distributors or wholesale suppliers,you have to order from them direct.
Some have their own retail stores,eg,Tiffany

OldTom 03-09-2024 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1237101)
amazon have a list of authorized suppliers , that is suppliers who they know and who would give out the information

I do not have any doubt that nobody would provide anything to a random caller in absence of an agreement made in advance , they likely have a contact at each such company who they can directly call or email or with large companies they may have direct access

Where do we find this list? Where does it say they have an agreement to share this information? Where does it say when we sign up with sellers we agree to this?

Anyhow, it's nice to see you've finally agreed that that without an agreement in place wholesalers will not disclose information with out prior agreement.

Not sure why you and other posters tried to claim they would knowing all along it was untrue :)

As an aside, what percentage of wholesalers do you think are on this imaginary list?

murdered_by_ebay 03-10-2024 04:55 AM

this is not imaginary , I doubt this information would ever be disclosed but most likely it would be suppliers who are large and which are unlikely to have counterfeits for sale

I think professional sellers can easily figure out who that is in their area of selling

"Where does it say when we sign up with sellers we agree to this?"

this one is good , how exactly are amazon supposed to verify invoices if the seller never gave their permission to share information? I would say they don't care , there is no one who can stop them

e2free 03-10-2024 04:06 PM

When you send invoice to Amazon you tick the box and give permission to Amazon call your supplier and verify the invoice
Now it’s down to your supplier if they happy to share what Amazon asking or not yes they can reject request and Amazon simply reject your application
They first check online presence of your supplier and if it’s well know on google they will pass the invoice without calling
If they doubt then they may call and if supplier does not has much presence online then invoice will be rejected

murdered_by_ebay 03-10-2024 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1237185)
When you send invoice to Amazon you tick the box and give permission to Amazon call your supplier and verify the invoice
Now it’s down to your supplier if they happy to share what Amazon asking or not yes they can reject request and Amazon simply reject your application
They first check online presence of your supplier and if it’s well know on google they will pass the invoice without calling
If they doubt then they may call and if supplier does not has much presence online then invoice will be rejected

this does not solve the counterfeit problem otherwise anyone could just draw an invoice from such a supplier , they make a small purchase , get a template and it's done

I know for a fact that amazon do not accept invoices that easily based upon reputation of issuer only

agent006140 03-10-2024 06:20 PM

Didn't OP of this thread say he created a website as a wholesaler and wait for someone to call and no one call?