Its a lot quieter on here nowadays? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Its a lot quieter on here nowadays?

Its a lot quieter on here nowadays, have most given up or is there a more active forum somewhere?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2024

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

There seems to be more posters who have been away and now back asking questions on how to get back into selling ,is it the economy,?

Or it could be having your own website does not get much traffic ,or with inflation,people need more money to pay bills.
PLenty of layoff going on worldwide .

The entry barrier of selling on internet is too low,raise it and some of us can make a decent profit and allow sales venues like AMZN and Ebay cut back on operating expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automasters View Post
I think the crappy economy is playing a large part. I have seen another drop on sales, even cheap items over the past week. People are struggling
discretionary items can wait
Some said Generation Z and young folks do not have money to buy food,I find it hard to believe,you can get one dozen egg and one loaf of bread for $3

consumers run up one trillion dollars worth of credit card charges.
I dont believe the economy is strong.

if a troll works for ebay or amzn,do you think they would mind paying $1k,or their employer mind?

I have no doubt someone who works for those sale venues have bought a copy of the Stealth Book and turned it over to the IT dept.

There were some places where Ebay,AMZN offenders go -Epier,Yahoo,Bidville.
Some Ebayer sellers even started a website called Gold Auction.
Of course Bonanza welcomes you and will copy your Ebay listings to its site.

yes,I received an order recently and I do not mind using their shipping label,
but I am surprised someone even bought from me,I hardly get any sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettotige View Post
Im up for some private consultation, Ive gone from a 1.6 million turnover company and Ill be lucky to do 200k this year with Amazon. I dont trust the platform any more, I dont do anything too naughty I just have multiple accounts to spread the risk of IP strikes, and it makes me really uncomfortable when we have a busy spell like Christmas and Amazon has 100k in pending disbursements that they might decide they dont like something and then lock the money up for 90 days. Thats enough time to bankrupt a company like mine, I only have 30days to pay royalmail and my blank t Shirt Supplier.
if you are selling T shirts and not much else,then you are selling a low price commodity,entry barrier is very low,18% is high because your gross margin is too low.
ask yourself if you have a brick and mortar shop,what would be your fixed and semi fixed cost? and you are not open 24 hours /day reaching a worldwide audience?
It is the same story in almost all categories,be it T shirts,shoes,handbags,batteries,wirless door bells,dvds,you name it .
Competition is everywhere,even from your own supplier,they have a kid at home who is computer savvy,take a few items and start selling on same venue,how can you compete?
I dont know what would come out of your private consultation,of course some will suggest you diversify>but into what/
Some suggests your own website,collect all the email addresses,or advertise more.
MAY BE YOU CAN PLAY THE WHOLESALER,like my wholesaler told me one time,.retail is more money,but wholesale is easier,let them worry about tracking,shipping,INR,INAD,chargeback.

If you go to the Etsy forum,plenty of sellers are crying they have not seen any sales for weeks and even months.
I am still getting orders,unfortunatley they all come from Google marketing?
Buyers have become very good at bottom fishing as welll

When they search using Google,they must have found your asking price to be lower or lowest,so they come to your Etsy shop and you end up paying Google marketing.
Since i work from home and do not have the store overhead,my prices are lower,and so they end up buying from me,but that Google 7% ,plus the cc fee,transaction fee and Etsy fee sure add up.

Quote:
This is interesting as Etsy has recently started doing the same, charging for new accounts. I suppose it is one way to weed out some of the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts.
$10 is too low ,they should ask for $50.

what is POD?
As for AMZN,I sell books ,I have to relist all my books under a different account and I cant believe how low are the prices third party sellers are asking ,shipping a book which weighs a ton for $3.99 .
Sales is slow everywhere,it is the economy,discretionary items can always wait,too much of our income is being spent on rent.mortgage,car payment and car insurance,homeowner insurance if you own a home,services such as dental,car repair,etc.
Those who bought EV are finding out how expensive parts and labor can be,also insurance ,if the lithium battery caught fire,it would take 40,000 gallons ,then it would reignite,Fire Dept has now concluded,if it does reignite,just let it burn to the ground.
Think what insurance underwriters would do to your premium.
Then the battery is so heavy,it wears down your tires faster,so get a new set of tires.
Drivers are now realising there is another battery in an EV which drives the fancy gadgets in the car,that one has a lifespan as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrada View Post
We need a forum just for OGs. There are too many spies here. It has basically become impossible to do stealth now.
You are being paronoid?
No one is spying on you,whatever you can do,they can do it ,they have more resources .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
the 2 dollar is a standard cost regardless of sale amount percentage cut?
yes,irregardless of sales amount.

retail sales have slowed down this year,I see few Blue Care vans these days ,people are also doing more shopping at brick and mortar stores.

300,000 new jobs created in March,mostly government ,hospitality and part time jobs.

Last edited by TGMT²; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:28 AM. Reason: merged for post count cheating
Old 03-14-2024
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Its a lot quieter on here nowadays?

It might be, it is slow in the UK at the moment, but Im guessing now that Amazon Stealth is now so difficult to do that sellers are just giving up.
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 40%

I think the crappy economy is playing a large part. I have seen another drop on sales, even cheap items over the past week. People are struggling
Old 03-14-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

selfie verification hasn't helped
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

I think it is ebay and amazon tightening the screws so that many sellers were kicked out , you can see it here on the marketplace how it is very hard to buy an account that would actually work long term
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 72%

For me personally... If I'm quiet, my accounts are doing well and keeping me busy. I've had to change my business model quite a bit in the past year to stay alive and adapt to the changes. It's not impossible, you just have to be persistent. The strong survive in this game.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to quantum For This Useful Post:
aking (03-15-2024), appleip1 (03-14-2024), banginonwax (03-14-2024), SaiJin (03-16-2024)
Old 03-14-2024

Longevity: 91%

Video verifications slowed us all
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 40%

Never had video verification thank God, but my egay accounts were create and verified before all the new crap so I may have narrowly avoided it
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Never had video verification thank God, but my egay accounts were create and verified before all the new crap so I may have narrowly avoided it
it is not about video verification but tightening in general , most people here had just a few accounts , if they got taken down it would be very difficult for them to return
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 13%

There’s enough veterans in here that are still doing stealth so quiet is good. I’ve seen the forum become more active when Amazon implements something new
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 6%

You can still have multiple accounts, but easy to make burner accounts are mostly a thing of the past. Making a new account now is a significant investment IMO.
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
For me personally... If I'm quiet, my accounts are doing well and keeping me busy. I've had to change my business model quite a bit in the past year to stay alive and adapt to the changes. It's not impossible, you just have to be persistent. The strong survive in this game.
best answer, how about we have a contact from the inside, Think like Oceans 11... wink wink shuuuuu
Old 03-14-2024

Longevity: 73%

This forum has been blessing and curse.. its helped us all but in return ebay and amazon now know all our secrets.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yungsc1005 For This Useful Post:
aking (03-15-2024), banginonwax (03-14-2024), estrada (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 03-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

It would be cool to have meetings on a call off the forum to discuss these things. I'm sure there's agents in here.
appleip1 (03-18-2024), estrada (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 03-15-2024
Threadstarter  

Im up for some private consultation, Ive gone from a 1.6 million turnover company and Ill be lucky to do 200k this year with Amazon. I dont trust the platform any more, I dont do anything too naughty I just have multiple accounts to spread the risk of IP strikes, and it makes me really uncomfortable when we have a busy spell like Christmas and Amazon has 100k in pending disbursements that they might decide they dont like something and then lock the money up for 90 days. Thats enough time to bankrupt a company like mine, I only have 30days to pay royalmail and my blank t Shirt Supplier.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghettotige For This Useful Post:
estrada (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 03-15-2024
Threadstarter  

I just had a look at my accounts and between 2017 and 2023 I have turned over 9.9 million, their fees at average 18% means they earnt £1.8 million out of me during that time. I almost feel like somebody at Amazon should give a damn that Im considering knocking it on the head.
Its their business model that forced me to look at stealth in the first place letting the Chinese sellers jump all over my listings, suspensions for really stupid things, shutting down accounts while they review, launch Amazon Merch in the UK and ghost all my listings so their the only t-shirt seller, introduce free returns, force me to use tracking on all shipping- Yada Yada Yada.

Do I sound bitter?
The Following User Says Thank You to ghettotige For This Useful Post:
quantum (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024

Longevity: 15%

omg who has selfie verification?
Old 03-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
It would be cool to have meetings on a call off the forum to discuss these things. I'm sure there's agents in here.
there was a separate discord chat or something like that
Old 03-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

To put things in perspective the highest people online including guests in one day was 6080 back in 2020. Now there are 156 people online.
james_112233 (03-15-2024)
Old 03-15-2024

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsc1005 View Post
This forum has been blessing and curse.. its helped us all but in return ebay and amazon now know all our secrets.
This is also why people are unwilling to share the specifics of how to get around a platform's controls. If enough people do it and talk about it they will find a way to counteract it.
The Following User Says Thank You to amzrocket For This Useful Post:
estrada (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 03-16-2024

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzrocket View Post
This is also why people are unwilling to share the specifics of how to get around a platform's controls. If enough people do it and talk about it they will find a way to counteract it.
Yup exactly. They should've made this forum more of a paid memberships. Like $1000+ for year membership. Instead they invited everybody on here for free lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to yungsc1005 For This Useful Post:
estrada (3 Weeks Ago)