Help-Amazon Computer error. Guy bought a product I already sold 2 weeks ago - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-29-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Help-Amazon Computer error. Guy bought a product I already sold 2 weeks ago

I wanted to ask for advice. I sold an old sewing kit that is no longer made a few weeks ago. It was brand new but it is old, no longer being made

What happened was someone bought it a few weeks ago, then I received a notice not to send it to the customer because of problems with her payment. About 5 days later her payment went thru and I sent her product to her. Now somehow another customer has bought the same item but of course, I no longer have it.

It is definately a computer error. It has NOT BEEN in my inventory. I know this because after I sold it I felt bad for selling it for that much money. Only two items in my inventory cost more than that. Any large amounts like that I notice DAILY as I scan my inventory DAILY

So again this item was NOT in my inventory unless it was in there for less than 24 hrs I cannot just go buy it from someone else and have it shipped to him as it is not made anymore and I cannot find it online anywhere

What should I do? I am a new seller so if I have a refund I cannot sell in toys and games. And i could be booted. It is a computer error, no doubt as there is no way I put down I own two of them. Not to mention I would have noticed it in my inventory as only two things I have sell for that high.

What would you do? Thanks alot for any advice anyone has about this. Now I am scared Amazon is selling stuff I already sold though my inventory is in order. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited by Melissa1971; 10-29-2010 at 12:42 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

This happens to a lot of people. I have twice had to cancel such sales. But I don't think it affected me. I don't sell in toys & games, though. Mine were for books.
Old 10-29-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks Jeff. Do you think the refund will go against me and the buyer? Most of what I sell are Toys and Games. I just started doing really well, wanted to move onto selling at least few hundred to my second account.

This is totally bizarre as it wasn't even in my inventory. When it happens, do you think the item was invisible in inventory?
Old 10-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I've never been quite sure what causes this, but on Amazon's seller forums it comes up often. I cannot say for certain if Amazon will hold it against you or not, but I have to believe they are aware of the problem.

Certainly, you can email seller support and ask about this.

I'm not sure about appearing in inventory. I have over 30,000 listings, so it is not easy to notice a problem until after the fact. Although I certainly take other steps to make sure my inventory is up to date.
Old 10-29-2010
Threadstarter  

I just remembered they don't charge the customers credit card until I ship the product. So I think it won't be held against me as there won't be a refund.

Wow you have a huge inventory! I got so much stuff today that will sell I will need to hold it for a few months cause i only have two accounts with velocity limits of $750

Thanks for your reply, I will sleep better tonight
Old 10-29-2010
Threadstarter  

Okay so the Amazon Rep said today after talking to his supervisor that their software says I put in I had 3 of them for sale. I did not. But ironically it also says I put in I had 2 of another item for sale which happens to be the second item a customer cancelled on before it was re-sold. It is also a rare item, why would I have two of them

Their software doesn't show me having more than one item of anything except the exact two rare items that my only two customers canceled on, or payment was delayed. SO I had to keep it on reserve for them, one I resold it to then the other I ended up reselling it to someone else.

The Amazon Rep believes me..... though I heard his supervisor try to convince him otherwise such as what happened to the other item then and why is it not showing for sale as I didn't sell it. They can see that. Why two rare items show more than one in inventory while my common items do not, hmmm... I don't ever sell more than one of the same item, that's why. They did not admit this has ever happened before but say it is the Seller who did it

anyhow they sent the usual email of how did we do called a resolution something. Amazon rep puts as the reason for the call that Amazon did this or that, basically making Amazon appear at fault. That was nice of him

But I have to take a hit in order to sell toys and games this holiday. I have to let the order sit there and not do anything with it so in 30 days it defaults to a late shipment which will go against me but if I sell a certain number by then it won't prevent me from selling in toys and games over this holiday. He was nice enough to figure out the math of what I can do to keep selling since most of my sales are toys and games.

He gave a bunch of ideas to ensure it won't affect me to ensure I sell a certain amount of orders in the next 30 days such as - lower my prices to sell more, move my inventory from my other account to this one, have a few friends buy from me, etc... oh well at least I can sell over the holidays though I've gotta get new account(s) cause he subtly indicated they were linked

Last edited by Melissa1971; 10-29-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

or you can always buy the product from another seller on az and ship to buyers address
Old 10-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
or you can always buy the product from another seller on az and ship to buyers address
Good thinking, I did that once. But this is a rare item, couldn't find it online anywhere