Customer demanding refund after return policy.. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
2) i don know what banks you are dealing with but a charge back would never be allowed on this. The main reason is fraud but occasionally you can do a chargeback if the goods are not as stated but OP clearly says
Everything was noted in the comments. I noted it as a refurb and noted it was still factory sealed. Maybe the bank of Nigeria would do a chargeback but thats about it.
Any and every bank can issue a charge back, and it often happens. Customer just has to say they are unhappy with the good, have returned them but not has their money back. That is all the justification needed for a charge back. Its a sod, but you just have to accept and deal with the fact that that happens, god knows I have had to accept it enough times over the last few years.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
ok my mistake, in my first post I put 25% which is what i meant. No one is saying new and refurbished are the same.

just that refurbished products can be new products. The seller said from the start that this was listed under "refurbished".
Rubbish. He made no mention of the category
Several of us all read the wording the same way

OP starts with I sold a new and refurbished laptop

Nowhere there did he add it was listed in a specific category....
Old 06-30-2013

Longevity: 80%

Why dont you just issue 25% refund and call it a day. More than likely you will get a negative or a-z claim if not both but you wont find out unless you take some action. also waiting for the buyer to file a-z claim will result in FULL refund
Old 06-30-2013

Longevity: 65%

In my opinion, it's all about the wording.

"I understand you'd like to return the laptop, however you are beyond the 45 day return period. We can make an exception and process the return for you, but we will need to charge a restocking fee of 25%.

You will need to ship us the laptop within the next 5 business days. By sending the item back to our facility, you are accepting the charge for the restocking fee and understand that you will be refunded back the purchase price minus that restocking fee."

If an A-to-z claim comes later on, you can then reference that message you sent. If the laptop is 1k, that is a $250 fee, IMO it is worth the A-to-z claim for that amount. If the customer doesn't give any flack for the message, you might be clear of an A-to-z anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to n8zzz For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (07-01-2013)
Old 06-30-2013

Longevity: 68%

Before you do anything, please get the item in your hand. Otherwise, if the buyer still have the item and they do a chargeback, amazon will refund the buyer and they don't have to ship the laptop back. Happen to my first Amazon account
Old 07-01-2013

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Rubbish. He made no mention of the category
Several of us all read the wording the same way

OP starts with I sold a new and refurbished laptop

Nowhere there did he add it was listed in a specific category....
I know he made no direct mention of the category in his first post. But likewise, he never said he sold it under new category which was assumed, most likely based on your initial response. Just that the laptop was "new and refurbished".

I thought it was pretty clear from what he said in the first post that he would sell a refurbished laptop under refurbished. He would have to be pretty stupid to be complaining about selling a refurbished laptop as new and then getting a return.

I deal with these products every day and thanks to the bad advice given this seller has lost money. Your somewhat sarcastic advice was

Quote:
A 'new' lap-top is just that NEW.

'Refurbished' means it was re-done at some factory and resealed. Its warranty may be less than the normal.
You were stretcthing limits by calling the laptop 'new'.

Newly refurbished maybe.

So you have this 'new' lap-top back?
They buyer did send it back and paid to ship it back?

And for 5 days over a refund time, you have an issue?

I hope someone else does reply. This sounds like cake and eat it....
Well for a start with the software key used I would not take any product back and neither should this seller, this is allowed by amazon with all software. For all he knows the next time he sells the operating system could be invalid.

The refurb sounds like it was a new item so all of the new seals will now be broken devaluing the laptop and meaning it is now not a new refurb.

He has also paid to have it sent out and yes, for being 5 days out he should have an issue. This could be $500 item that has been massively devalued because of this buyers actions and yet your post implies that the seller was in the wrong.
Old 07-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Specifically what is the meaning of the following sentences. I hope someone else does reply. This sounds like cake and eat it. More discussion was needed.

Thread was opened up for discussion so this happened.

Others were looking at this differently.

Do not insult me by saying sellers do not try to con buyers.

Do not insult any of us by saying ' we forced' the seller into any choice.

You are speaking from your great knowledge of amazon selling. Not in dispute. But avoid inferring that none of us make an effort to sell within sound business plans even on amazon.

Are you going to sit there and post it would be really brilliant for a seller to take a negative if he could avoid doing so.

Are you really saying that?
Old 07-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Also ,barry, in case you have not noticed, the OP did a BIG edit on his second post that changed what was first discussed.....

In the space of 13 minutes, he changed what he had written as I made my first reply.

That changed the ball game too, since we are so busy with assumptions and sarcasm.
Old 07-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Part of running an online business is accepting that sometimes you take a loss on returns. If the business cannot handle that, then the the business model needs to be looked at.

Yes the buyer returned the item after the deadline. These things happen. Just refund the buyer, charge a small restocking fee, resell and move on. Not worth the strike against the account as this will cause you to loose more money in lost sales over a longer period of time.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
Why dont you just issue 25% refund and call it a day. More than likely you will get a negative or a-z claim if not both but you wont find out unless you take some action. also waiting for the buyer to file a-z claim will result in FULL refund
Simple solution for a much-debated issue of mislabelling product status and lot of interesting posts.
Old 07-01-2013

Quote:
Specifically what is the meaning of the following sentences. I hope someone else does reply. This sounds like cake and eat it. More discussion was needed.

Thread was opened up for discussion so this happened.

Others were looking at this differently.

Do not insult me by saying sellers do not try to con buyers.

Do not insult any of us by saying ' we forced' the seller into any choice.

You are speaking from your great knowledge of amazon selling. Not in dispute. But avoid inferring that none of us make an effort to sell within sound business plans even on amazon.

Are you going to sit there and post it would be really brilliant for a seller to take a negative if he could avoid doing so.

Are you really saying that?
Well you did pretty much cajole them into it. The initial question was can I charge a restocking fee and based on your inital response it turned into a thread accusing the guy of trying to sell refurbs as new and how its not possible for a refurb to be new.

My reply was the only one which addressed the actual question and facts of this before the OP decided to refund. If it wasnt for the amount of people taking this thread off topic (the fact that they were completely wrong does not even matter) maybe the Op could of got the info they came here for, rather than a load of accusations about refurbs not being new.

And thats really the only thing that matters. Because like it or not the advice you give on here can and does affect peoples lives. You sarcastically call me the amazon expert, but I would never dream of giving any advice on someones business unless I had researched what I was saying and had something to support it.
Old 07-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
Well this was my first response, but it got lost amongst all the claims of what was being sold. This is what the seller should have done and now they are out by a good amount of money.

However I also made the same mistake in that I think you mean issue the 75% refund.
Old 07-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well you did pretty much cajole them into it. The initial question was can I charge a restocking fee and based on your inital response it turned into a thread accusing the guy of trying to sell refurbs as new and how its not possible for a refurb to be new.

My reply was the only one which addressed the actual question and facts of this before the OP decided to refund. If it wasnt for the amount of people taking this thread off topic (the fact that they were completely wrong does not even matter) maybe the Op could of got the info they came here for, rather than a load of accusations about refurbs not being new.

And thats really the only thing that matters. Because like it or not the advice you give on here can and does affect peoples lives. You sarcastically call me the amazon expert, but I would never dream of giving any advice on someones business unless I had researched what I was saying and had something to support it.
The question was answered, along side the debate of if it is possible to have a refurbished' item classed as a new item.

Suggestion was to issue a refund, charge a small restocking fee if any, and move on.
Old 07-01-2013

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Well this was my first response, but it got lost amongst all the claims of what was being sold. This is what the seller should have done and now they are out by a good amount of money.

However I also made the same mistake in that I think you mean issue the 75% refund.
Right, i meant issue 25% restocking fee. Its none of our business how he wants to conduct his business. If longevity isnt a priority them let him do what he has to do now to make money.