Buyer trying to extort $200 from me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Buyer trying to extort $200 from me

I'm looking for advice on how to deal with this issue. I am thinking about just ignoring him. i told him I will have the money in 2 weeks, I am really just waiting for my funds to be withdrawn from amazon in case I really get banned. I am also thinking of taking his bluff and seeing if he really does try to take me to small claims. Probably not hah. And if I would have gone to small claims I would be saving 50$ rather than sending him 200 even If i lost. Id say there is a 90 to 95% chance nothing would happen but I dont wanna be banned from amazon. also the info is in my dads name.

Ok so here is the story. i buy alot of ipads, Ipods, iPhones, tablets, video games and headphones off craigslist. I do this daily.

Someone contacted me saying they wanted my phone number to talekd about the beats over the phone.. I wasl ike what the hell. When I talked and texted him I found He was a dumb 15-16yr kid that spells the word "Went' as "Whent" dozens of times and more spelling issues. I talked to him. He wanted to know the condition, if they were real, blah blah blah. I was like yes.. I bought them off craigslist, great condition. ECT

Anyway I sent off a pair of beats by dre studio that were 99% authentic. he messaged me back 3 months later saying the headphones were making funny noises (He BLEW SPEAKERS) And wanted me to admit they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. he started naming the the battery cover was loose and some other things none of which were really conclusive of them being ⊗⊗⊗⊗. And then I was like ok they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ lol. Just joking around. Now hes like "I have proof!!. "If you don't send me 200$ in the mail I will report you to amazon and sue you" . After this I stopped responding to his text. he then proceeded to call me 37 times in a row..

So anyway now he wants me to send him 200$ in the mail or els he will report my amazon account for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and he will sue me supposedly.... Ironically he does lives only 20 minutes or so away from me. I think he was scoping me out before he bought the headphones. After he tried to

Anyway the address on file is not my real address and the name is my fathers name (Dad lives in china for the moment, not VA). Also The account is verified with a social security number. Account is in good standing with hundreds of transactions. Would a complaint to amazon have me shut down?.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 08-13-2013 at 09:49 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
99% authentic
99% Authentic isn't good enough, it's either Legit or f@ke.

Just give him the $200 and move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
rsot (08-14-2013)
Old 08-13-2013

Longevity: 64%

Use your head.

Refund him, move on.
Old 08-13-2013

Longevity: 63%

See how much money you make a month of Amazon. Is that $200 worth it to not be able to make that money anymore?

Regardless, I am sure that he would even settle for less money if he has to.

Give him a few options to maybe even call his bluff. A lot of people are really tough behind a keyboard. Tell him you will give it to him in person and I have a feeling he wont even show up. Or ask him to return the headphones and give him what he paid for them.

However sometimes the best option is to avoid all this stuff and just try to reach a settlement with him. Offer him $100 and call it day. Apologize a lot to him as well.
Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

If just 20 miles away, ask him to meet in person.
Old 08-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Well I have 2 amazon accounts and only sell on amazon routinely along side ebay. 2nd one was a back up.

What are the chances of amazon banning me if he reports me?.

If I personally wanted to get someone banned, all I had to do was just buy an item and report that it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗?. Bam, then he is banned?.

I feel the real reason he wants to return them is because he broke them.

Smart move about meeting in person. Hope he backs off sense I said he was right down the road.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 08-13-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 80%

3 month is WAY past the limit..

ignore him, hes probably mad be broke the expensive headphones and now wants his money back and thats the easiest/best excuse to get it back.
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 80%

unless you mark the headphones you sent me with some type of hidden mark then you wont even be able to tell if what you sent him 3 months ago is what he is trying to return to you.

I see you winning this both ways in court due to length and by amazon probably as its just been too long.

You dont know what could have happened between that time and now.
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Your own spelling and grammar is not that much better than that kid's.

Time to be an adult.

Refund and move on.

I do not imagine you want to explain to your Dad you damaged his account?

Never, ever EVER play games online with an unknown idiot.

He has broken the law by making such threats to you.

You acted poorly by responding.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (08-14-2013), biggunn (08-14-2013), Ebayorbust (08-14-2013), GreenGhost (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

wow 3 months is a LONG time for someone to start moaning they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
I would refund him if you are worried about the account, but i would also make him return them, broken or not, because for all you know he is trying to get an easy $200 back from you.

He cannot have his cake & eat it too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
DiamondDave (08-14-2013), GreenBean (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013

Yay, another unfortunate happening that I have plenty of experience in... lol. Here's the deal. They are phake.

Not only that, but 99% authentic is verbage that a China seller would use (this makes me think you imported). They often times have 2 levels of quality, the high quality that they consider 99% or almost 1:1, and the lower quality that is often 85% to 95%.

If you are really buying these on CL, you wouldn't know how authentic they really were.

But lets just say that you were buying them on CL. That would be incredibly stupid by itself. You have no idea what is authentic on CL, especially when it comes to things that are often copied/counterfeited/pirated, etc.

It's important to know that information, in case you somehow haven't figured it out already. Unfortunately, Monster Cable Products (maker of Beats) doesn't really care what you know. By the way, they were at one point represented by Johnson & Pham. I say 'at one point' because I don't see Monster listed as one of their clients anymore (but they still might be).

If you haven't heard of Johnson & Pham, do a quick search, or just punch yourself in the face and assume that if you piss them off, it will be x100 the pain of what you just felt. Whether or not they are still being represented by them may be irrelevant, as it at least shows that they're pretty serious when it comes to cracking down on offenders. As much as I would love to elaborate on my statements with stories of experience, I'll just save the sad stories for another time.

Even worse, you could be dragging your dad's name into all this! I advise to stay away from these sort of business practices, ESPECIALLY when your real info is out there.

You may get away with it this time, but if it were me, I would probably refund the full $200 no questions asked.

Next time, title your post "Trying to extort $200 from buyer" -you know it's phake, we know it's phake- at least we'll all be on the same page a little quicker..
The Following User Says Thank You to n8zzz For This Useful Post:
Post Modern Sleaze (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 67%

n8zz couldn't have said it better. Clearly they are counterfeit and clearly you simply trying to avoid paying this person who bought your goods in 'good faith', believing they were legitimate. Pay the child the $200 and move on...

Actually, pay the child $200 and take a few lessons in English, specifically the ability to type better than a 12 year old. Also, quit trying to flog nasty counterfeit product.

You make me embarrassed to say I'm a seller on amazon.
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

No need to resort to verbal abuse.
The OP probably made an honest mistake.. surely you have had one of these in the time you have existed?

I highly doubt that amazon will shut his account for a report that is 3 months overdue.
They will take other factors into account.

I honestly believe that the buyer is just blowing off steam, as he is a teenager and we all know how they act and react to situations.
If they do not get there own way, they simply throw there toys out the cot.

Also, if he was that worried if they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, he would have had them checked out when he bought them 3 months back or bought them from an official dealer.
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 77%

people seem to love giving money away on here.

First get him to prove they are phake. He lives near by so either ask him to return them or meet with you. Tell him they will be sent off to the official company and when they confirm that they are not genuine you will refund in full.

If they really are phake then imagine you are some kid who has been saving for these headphones and you get a dodgey pair, I would have been gutted.

However as mentioned kids also think they can try it on. It seems stange that he wants you to send the money in the mail. I would ask him to prove that these headphones are phake and if he does you will refund through amazon but if he does not and he continues to harass you he will be reported to the police for extortion.

Last edited by barrycruan; 08-14-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to AuctionsDenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post

Ok so here is the story. i buy alot of ipads, Ipods, iPhones, tablets, video games and headphones off craigslist. I do this daily.
You have to make sure you can authenticate items you buy off of CL.
Quote:

Anyway I sent off a pair of beats by dre studio that were 99% authentic.
Either they are 100% or not at all authentic.

Quote:

So anyway now he wants me to send him 200$ in the mail or els he will report my amazon account for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and he will sue me supposedly....
Has he filed a claim through Amazon, if so you should process through Amazon, so you have proof that it was done. Just don't go sending checks out.
Quote:

Account is in good standing with hundreds of transactions. Would a complaint to amazon have me shut down?.
I do not see you getting shut down, unless you have had other issues with the account.
Just refund the money, and go forward.
If the Amazon account is in good standing, then why risk losing it over $200.
Old 08-14-2013
Threadstarter  

This is my account. My dad does not use this account what so ever. I don't care if he is some teenager who saved up any amount of money. I offered a refund on it and he is now trying to extort money money from me. I then learned the headphones were broken, A refund 3 month later on broken headphones?, Give me a break. If he was worried they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ he should have returned them when they were working 3 months ago. If it goes to small claims which I think is highly unlikely I probably would win and it would be over with.

Also the fact amazon won't take him seriously either, I probably shouldn't and neither should anyone els.

Another thing is how in the world can you even sue an amazon seller.

Jhonsan and pham guys threaten you but never follow up I have read on here.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 08-14-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
This is my account. My dad does not use this account what so ever. I don't care if he is some teenager who saved up any amount of money. I offered a refund on it and he is now trying to extort money money from me. I then learned the headphones were broken, A refund 3 month later on broken headphones?, Give me a break. If he was worried they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ he should have returned them when they were working 3 months ago. If it goes to small claims which I think is highly unlikely I probably would win and it would be over with.

Also the fact amazon won't take him seriously either I probably shouldn't and neither should anyone els.
You're being very, very immature about this. I suppose some lessons have to be learned the hard way.

If they are not genuine, it is 1000% your fault that you sold them. How dare you put the onus back on him? He should have known better? WOW.

You won't win if it goes to small claims because the item is not genuine. Why would you even think about letting it get this far?!?
The Following User Says Thank You to Furious George For This Useful Post:
biggunn (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013
Threadstarter  

He is trying to extort money from me and has already lied to me many times. Harrassed me and called me 37 times in a row. Me immature?. Are you kidding me. You actually want me to take this idiot seriously?.

And who cares if it goes to small claims. What am I out. 150$?. Less then he is trying to extort from me.
Old 08-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Another thing is how in the world can you even sue an amazon seller. Amazon does not give out your name or any other thing information about you. This kid doesnt even have the package anymore I sent the headphones in. I don't even know how he would even go about this.
Old 08-14-2013

You're not looking at the bigger picture.

You'll be out the money, plus his filing fee, plus the amount of time it takes for court, plus the fact that now you're on the radar to practically everyone in the area for selling products that are not genuine. I'm not sure if you're aware, but that is a criminal offense.

Perhaps you think you don't deserve this treatment.... Have you considered the consequences of your actions? What's your risk reward scenario? Best case scenario you save face and 200 bucks? Worst case scenario you go to prison?

Why are you asking for help and being overly critical of everyone's advice?

How can you sue an amazon seller? BABABAHAHAHAHAH... you think you're protected under the veil of Amazons legal department?

In America, anyone can be sued at any time for ANY reason.

Refund. Move on. Don't escalate it.
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 62%

If these were phake, then I'd refund.

If these are real, I'd call his legal threat bluff and ignore him. I would make sure the last message states that you will be cutting off communications with him because of the harassment. It's passed the 3 month time frame for amazon to do anything about it. Make sure your return policy is stated somewhere if this turns into a legal issue. By the description of the buyer, it doesn't look like he will do anything. I've received a few legal threats in the past, nothing came out of it.
Old 08-14-2013
Threadstarter  

I see. Thanks for your input furious George. and guantum. The problem is I don't know if they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are not. They certainly the best ⊗⊗⊗⊗ I had ever seen if they were.

I am trying to find the best action under these facts.

He does not know my name.
He didn't tell his parents he bought these on his moms amazon account?.
He doesn't know exactly where I live.
He called me 37 times. Seems he's overcompensating for feeling powerless
THE AMAZON ACCOUNT IS UNDER A ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ADDRESS and MY FATHERS NAME
He Has my phone number.

And How in the world would everyone Now think I sell counterfeits in the area. Isnt this a private matter that is civil and isnt connected to police or anyone els's records?. Thanks
Closed Thread