Buyer trying to extort $200 from me - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%

From what you stated earlier about mailing $200.00 or else, sounds like extortion to me. Second, 37 calls sounds like harassment to me. Texas law states that if you tell the other party to stop harassing after the first-time and they continue, then you have the right to prosecute. Keep in mind that's for Texas. Third, if you had a clear return policy, I don't see any good reason why he's crying about something 3 months after the purchase. If they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, that's something that would have been identified and communicated within the first month of purchase.

By the way, 200 dollars is hard work for some people. That's one whole day of work for me on the job.
The Following User Says Thank You to quantum773 For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (08-14-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 70%

200$ is hard work yes. Also I know it might be harassment but in the case they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗. You honestly can never be to sure with craigslist. I might be able to get into trouble.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 08-14-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
You're not looking at the bigger picture.

You'll be out the money, plus his filing fee, plus the amount of time it takes for court, plus the fact that now you're on the radar to practically everyone in the area for selling products that are not genuine. I'm not sure if you're aware, but that is a criminal offense.

Perhaps you think you don't deserve this treatment.... Have you considered the consequences of your actions? What's your risk reward scenario? Best case scenario you save face and 200 bucks? Worst case scenario you go to prison?

Why are you asking for help and being overly critical of everyone's advice?

How can you sue an amazon seller? BABABAHAHAHAHAH... you think you're protected under the veil of Amazons legal department?

In America, anyone can be sued at any time for ANY reason.

Refund. Move on. Don't escalate it.
I think the stress you are trying to convey here is not needed honestly.

He sold ONE item for $200... and you think he will be sent to jail?
If that was the case, do you not think the prison system would be overflowing, and not to mention the amount of MORE law enforcement the country would need.

The buyer does not have any information on this seller, nor does he have any concrete evidence that these are ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and he is just a child.

Really... calm down.
This buyer is just blowing hot air & like i said before, if he was genuinely worried about the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ he could return it to get a refund but simply throwing your toys out the pram and threatening a person is not the way to solve a problem.

The buyer really has no leg to stand on waiting 3 months to complain about a ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
If we all just simply refunded buyers when they claimed ⊗⊗⊗⊗ i am sure most people would be out of business.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
quantum773 (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum773 View Post
From what you stated earlier about mailing $200.00 or else, sounds like extortion to me. Second, 37 calls sounds like harassment to me. Texas law states that if you tell the other party to stop harassing after the first-time and they continue, then you have the right to prosecute. Keep in mind that's for Texas. Third, if you had a clear return policy, I don't see any good reason why he's crying about something 3 months after the purchase. If they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗, that's something that would have been identified and communicated within the first month of purchase.

By the way, 200 dollars is hard work for some people. That's one whole day of work for me on the job.
LOL i would have changed my phone number by now... or atleast put it off off for a while...
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
I think the stress you are trying to convey here is not needed honestly.

He sold ONE item for $200... and you think he will be sent to jail?
If that was the case, do you not think the prison system would be overflowing, and not to mention the amount of MORE law enforcement the country would need.

The buyer does not have any information on this seller, nor does he have any concrete evidence that these are ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and he is just a child.

Really... calm down.
This buyer is just blowing hot air & like i said before, if he was genuinely worried about the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ he could return it to get a refund but simply throwing your toys out the pram and threatening a person is not the way to solve a problem.

The buyer really has no leg to stand on waiting 3 months to complain about a ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
If we all just simply refunded buyers when they claimed ⊗⊗⊗⊗ i am sure most people would be out of business.
It might not be prison, sure. I think he needs to understand the consequences of his actions. I'm sure this is the only pair of beats by dre headphones he's been selling that are "99%" genuine....

If it really is extortion, I wouldn't honor the request. It sounds to me like the buyer just wants a refund. The OP already said they are 99% genuine - which means 100% not genuine.

They both sound like children to me.

Agree to refund him half, or something. Workout the situation. If the buyer is threatening to sue and lives right up the road from you and you're selling knockoffs..... come on guys. Walk away.
Old 08-14-2013

Worst case scenario: buyer decides to send the item to Monster after informing them that he bought a phake from you. Then you never know when an undercover will try to buy one from you ... and just like that, they have all the evidence they need ^_^
Old 08-14-2013
Threadstarter  

I looked up the scenario and "monster" isn't associated with beats by dre anymore. This is probably why those jhonsan and pham don't represent them anymore.

I have never seen Beats by dr. dre go after anyone. They just don't bother.

I heard dr dre owns the rights now and is the highest payed rapper just for the fact he sells the headphones. He is still raking in so much cash it's stupid and he doesn't seem to care.
Old 08-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Also here is what happened in detail. I offered him a refund 5 times. And instead of taking it he kept demanding me to tell him if they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not. He then told me if I don't send him 270$ he will report me to amazon and sue me and "make sure I never sell anything online for the rest of my life". I then explained that I had financial issues to and would need 2-3 weeks to get 270$. He then said just send me 200$ now and you can keep your business. I said I would pay 200 in 2 weeks because I dont have any extra money to spend. He said fine.

I Only said 2 weeks so I can get my funds out.

Regardless of who is in the right this kid is living in the wrong. What a little asshole.

I was thinking ok Thats cool. id be out only 80$ if I resell them after verifying they are real and this will be over with. He then tells me the speaker makes funny sounds after I asked if they were blown. ( I send a notice claiming I don't cover blown speakers with any headphones I ship in the package. I Have had someone try to return blown speakers in the past). now I realize, yes. These speakers are blown. He also told me the left side of where the B is, is melted... wth?.

Does he want to return these because he thinks there ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or what I wrote above. Not only did he expect to return them without a problem he wanted 270$ from me. What a joke.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 08-14-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

That is obviously extortion. Just issue him the original refund and be done with him.
You have already run the risk for your account.

Stop communicating with him and take this as a warning.

Make sure your items are authentic.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
Furious George (08-14-2013)
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%

Just issue him a refund and move on...

You sold him probable ⊗⊗⊗⊗, which was daft on your part, but he is now trying to export you. A worse crime IMO.

Refund, block, move on.

Next time make sure what you sell is real
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 66%

he needs to get rid of this guy by being polite and refunding him ..remember buyer knows his account and will hurt if seller list any thing in future (real or phake wont matter, he will buy, complain left feedback, open a-z etc) ... we have all being in situation where we do stuff which we hate to do .. just to save our accounts..

refund him, your account is worth a lot more
Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 77%

you seem to be completely missing the point and yes, you do seem to be very immature.

The only question is are these phake. If he can prove they are then what are you going to do? he might be bluffing about the small claims court and he might be bluffing about going to amazon. But if he is not and you have sold phake beats headphones under your dads name with a bank account attached then yes, you could be in trouble.

The question is not about the amount of time or if they are broke, it is are they real. Saying you do not know if they are genuine is not a good enough answer. FInd out if they are genuine. If they are tell him where to go, if they are not refund him or face the possibility of amazon and legal repercussions.

Did you really think you could come here, pretty much tell people you are selling phakes (i dont know if they are real=phake) and then expect everyone to feel sorry for you?
Old 08-14-2013

Old 08-14-2013

Longevity: 63%

Ok I don't like to assume things right away but from reading this it seems like they are phake. And it seems that you most likely either knew this or had your doubts about them being real.

If this is the type of business you are in then you should know your products in and out.

Regardless, if you had your doubts about the item you should not be trying to sell them to anybody; infact you should not have bought these headhphones off craigslist if you weren't sure to begin with.

Just like you might be upset that you might "lose" $200, imagine how upset the other person is that he just lost "200" Who knows how many hours he had to work for that money.

The only option in a situation like this is to DO WHAT's RIGHT
Old 08-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

edit--HI Bosslay, lol hahaha

To the OP: It doesn't matter if Beats changed owner again and again. I know that Beats still has a legal team somewhere. I don't know if the current legal team is jhonsan and pham or another legal team. But Beats still has a legal team with someone.

And it doesn't matter if the Beats rapper owner has a zillion dollars and raking more in. He still is the owner of the brand and can do whatever he wants with it. He is the legal owner of the brand even with his zillions of dollars.

Don't underestimate jhonsan and pham, they are one of the largest copy right legal firms in the US and the world and one of the nastiest legals firms out there. Most of there so called threats are just that, threats. They go after people who they see fit to go after but don't underestimate them, they still go after small time people like you. Even if you sold 1 "99% authentic" item under a company that they have a contract with, you broke the law and can be sued within the statue of limitations.

You can still be sued after 3 months if it still falls within the statue of limitations time frame (check with your local state on that). Don't think that Amazon and their mighty legal team will help you out because they wont. That legal team if there to help out Amazon and Amazon only. To them you are nothing but a independent seller or "independent contractor" with no rights.

The buyer can sue you in small claims court. The only thing the buyer was to do is get a subpoena from the court to subpoena Amazon for your info. Under law Amazon has to give that info to the buyer. Since "your dad's" account with a fa-ke address but real name has a SSN attached. The buyer can still find "you" (your dad) if he decides to subpoena The Social Security Administration.

In the states of FL, NV, and CA, lawyers can not enter into small claims court. I don't know if every state in the US is like that but those 3 I know for sure. I have sued over 10 people in those 3 states in small claims. So the buyer has to do everything himself but the buyer can still get info on how to proceed from a lawyer, just lawyers cant not get involved in small claims cases.

And the only person who can walk into small claims court is your dad, who is living in China, hahahaha. I wonder what he will think when he gets a notice to appear in court and wonders if its worth to fly an entire day to get to court. If he doesn't show up, the buyer wins by default. I won 3 of those cases in small claims.

Now some info on me, Yes, I have sold some 99% authentic items, including the beats that you sold to the buyer. I completely knew they where "99% authentic". I got into some trouble, lost some good accounts, and moved on. Lesson learned but thankfully no law suits. I now enjoy being 100% authentic with my items.

PS. I would actually just refund the buyer on grounds that your account has your dad's SSN attached (don't get your dad into trouble) and that he only lives 20 minutes from you. So much easier to find you. Good luck...

P.S. again, To OP-Can I get the phone number of your buyer so that I can help him out.

Last edited by yotano211; 08-15-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: added the nice welcome
Old 08-15-2013

Activity: 2%

If are authentic headphones meet him in person in the police station, but if are not originals, you better refund him.
Old 08-15-2013
Threadstarter  

I decided what I am going to do. First off beats by dre does not have a legal team that enforces anything right now. There are no reports online for the last 3 years and those reports are slim to none.

2nd if my dad is ordered to go to small claims and loses no big deal. 200$ I will give him I have much better odds of nothing happening and not spending a dime. My dad Owes the IRS over what they estimated is a million dollars and it's been this way for about 10 years. So he doesn't give a **** about his credit.

3rd off I said they looked 99% but I meant 100% lol. just a phrase.

4th If he pulls buyer fraud on this account I will just let the account sit 4 6 months and switch to my previous account until he goes away. Doubt that would happen, sounds like a kid stealing money from his parents.

I see this as pretty open and shut case right here. Just ignore the buyer after 2 weeks. he can't do anything.

Maybe change my number. Get him off my back to.
Old 08-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Oh boy

Thread closed.

You made your bed.

If there are consequences, take legal advise to resolve them.

Avoid this forum as a conduit for poor business practices.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (08-15-2013), kockedoff (08-15-2013)
Closed Thread