Got Blocked By Amazon - New Account Options - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Unhappy Got Blocked By Amazon - New Account Options

First of all, I bought both the Amazon and EBay books, and they are very helpful. I got blocked when I made the mistake of selling a boxed set of CD's and sending a copy of one of the missing CD's with the set. Bad move! No good deed goes unpunished. About the same time I had a customer return a sealed box set of CD's, claiming that none of them would play on his player. The set was new and sealed when he received it, and when I got it back, most of the CD's had scratches on them. I told him that I would not refund the full purchase price due to the damage, and submitted the issue to Amazon for resolution. I assume now that Amazon is not really the seller's friend, and will screw the seller if given the opportunity.

Now I am planning on setting up a new account, as outlined in the book. I was going to buy a used computer and set it up strictly for Amazon. No general browsing, no EBay, no nothing by Amazon. Install a fresh OS and go from there. My first question is "Am I just as well off using VMWare and not getting a new box?"

The second question has to do with listing items. If I have hardware items that Amazon themselves don't sell, but that I had listed in my closed account. Should I hold off on listing these, and just list some items that I have never listed before? Should I keep the total value of the listed items under $750 for a few months?

For the record, within hours of my Amazon account being blocked, both my EBay account and my wife's EBay account were also restricted. Coincidence? I think not.

Last edited by TGMT²; 08-23-2013 at 11:44 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-24-2013

Longevity: 71%

You can certainly list your previous items on your new account, but list carefully. If I were you, I would list up hundreds of different items at high prices so that no one will buy from you. This way, the item you want to sell is "camouflaged" into your inventory. Also, I would sell a bunch of new items FIRST before you list items to sell that were from your suspended account.

As for the number of items to list, you can list thousands right off the bat...Amazon doesn't care about how much you list. They just care about how much you sell and act based on that. They actually encourage sellers to list to their hearts content.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nebuspp For This Useful Post:
bobwms (08-24-2013), Lilithbane (08-24-2013), lyl797 (08-25-2013)
Old 08-24-2013

Longevity: 62%

I use the 1 old item to 3 new item ratio. Works well for me. Ive see others say 1:5 works well also.

Use VMware. Simple and works great.
Old 08-24-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
For the record, within hours of my Amazon account being blocked, both my EBay account and my wife's EBay account were also restricted. Coincidence? I think not.
What reason did they give you for restricting your Ebay accounts ?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 08-24-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default EBay suspension

My wife had two different vendors that she lost track of paying, so she got bounced for non-payment. One vendor's item was less than a buck. With the other vendor, however, there was several dozen items at a few bucks each, and she waited to pay until she got a combined bill for shipping.

The vendor never provided that bill, and she forgot about them. It was her mistake, and I understood why she was suspended. They suspended me because she and I used the same PayPal account.

I explained that we had both of our credit cards in that account, and that she paid for her stuff with her credit card, and I paid for my stuff with my credit card, so we were working independently.

While she had only a few dozen EBay transactions, I had thousands and had never been suspended before. Apparently, the suspension is for 90 days.
Old 08-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwms View Post
Totally impossible.

Dont be wearing a tin foil hat too early in your stealth career.

They are entirely different companies.

Nothing is shared to cause suspensions like you claim.

Nothing

Old 08-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwms View Post
First of all, I bought both the Amazon and EBay books, and they are very helpful. I got blocked when I made the mistake of selling a boxed set of CD's and sending a copy of one of the missing CD's with the set. Bad move! No good deed goes unpunished.
- hope you learned from that mistake.

That is NOT a good deed at all - many people hate copies...especially even 1 part of a boxed set.

I find it incredible that you thought that you could pull this off - not at all professional.

All the best for the future moves
Old 08-25-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Missing CD

I had priced the set to reflect the fact that one of the CD's was missing, and my ad clearly stated that this particular set was missing one of the CD's. Because I had another complete set, I made a copy of the missing CD and included it with the shipment.

When the customer received the package, he wrote me that one of the CD's was a copy. I explained that the Amazon listing clearly stated that, and for him to return it for a full refund - including shipping both ways. The next day he filed an A-To-Z claim with Amazon, and as they say - the rest was history.

What I would like to do is to appeal my being blocked. If you have any specific suggestions, I would like to hear them. I know I screwed up on this one, but I suspect that just repeating "mea culpa" a few dozen times won't do it. If you have suggestions that apply to my case, I would prefer to hear about them through a private message. I readily admitted to Amazon what I had done, and stated that it wouldn't happen again, but I heard nothing back from them.

I don't wear a tinfoil hat, but I am absolutely sure that both Amazon and EBay regularly scour these forums and make the appropriate notes. They are both billion dollar corporations, and working together to combat problems makes perfect sense. If Amazon suspends somebody for dirty deeds, don't you think that EBay would want to know about that, and that Amazon would be glad to tell them? And vice versa? After all, a year ago you didn't know that NSA was capturing all you e-mails and phone calls.
Old 08-25-2013

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Selling on AZ is like being in the womb. Once you pop your head out and the cord is cut, you don't get to go back in. (until you learn another way).

Since both EB and AZ are computer controlled, highly doubtful that they would share information. As they are competitors, very doubtful they share.

But I have been wrong once before (think it was a Thursday).
Old 08-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
I don't wear a tinfoil hat, but I am absolutely sure that both Amazon and EBay regularly scour these forums and make the appropriate notes. They are both billion dollar corporations, and working together to combat problems makes perfect sense. If Amazon suspends somebody for dirty deeds, don't you think that EBay would want to know about that, and that Amazon would be glad to tell them? And vice versa? After all, a year ago you didn't know that NSA was capturing all you e-mails and phone calls.
This paragraph is nonsensical.

1. No, they are not reading this forum....why would they care in their right mind to scour all forums and 'act' upon them. They do not have the time or man-power to do this.

2. If Amazon suspended a user, why would they care to tell eBay...who is their #1 competitor! (And vice-versa). They are not looking out for one another, trust me.

3. They would both be in violation of their own policies of sharing information.

You are taking this personal w/ Amazon & Ebay. It is clouding your judgement and you need to regroup. You mentioned you have both stealth books. Re-read them, start over again...come back stronger.
Old 08-26-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
This paragraph is nonsensical.

1. No, they are not reading this forum....why would they care in their right mind to scour all forums and 'act' upon them. They do not have the time or man-power to do this.
No, I have to disagree about this. Aspkin is THE place that all seller rejects eventually wind up. Guides, ideas, how information transpires and gets communicated through this forum could be valuable information. If you were head of ebay or amazon, would you want to flip through this forum? I would say yes. It's like having the other team's playbook. They will always know more about us than we know about them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
2. If Amazon suspended a user, why would they care to tell eBay...who is their #1 competitor! (And vice-versa). They are not looking out for one another, trust me.

3. They would both be in violation of their own policies of sharing information.

You are taking this personal w/ Amazon & Ebay. It is clouding your judgement and you need to regroup. You mentioned you have both stealth books. Re-read them, start over again...come back stronger.
Correct.
Old 08-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Broadcast the myths from the top of the mountain why dont you.

Closed Thread