Help improving account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Help improving account

After having a really unlucky month, I have now 4 A-Z claims under my Short Term rate which is about 2.7%

All of the claims are from people who dont know how to use the system and instead of contacting me first they just opened up claims.

1.) Claimed that he couldn't message me so he opened up an A-Z claim to communicate with me. When I messaged him he had no problem messaging me back.

2.) One bought and item and instead of asking me to cancel the transaction, opens an A-Z claim.

3.) Another couldnt find the return option so he opens up an A-Z claim.

4.) Another sent me a message for a refund and instead of waiting 30 minutes for me to answer, opens a claim because he didn't hear back from me.

All absurd stuff that I dont think I could have done anything to avoid. At this point it's happened and my account has a poor ODR so I am worried about my account being suspended. Long term though, my ODR is only 0.8%

So now I am looking into selling an item for cheap that I can hopefully sell a lot off to try and increase my metrics. I was thinking of doing FBA for wall chargers or car chargers. I would sell them at a small loss just so I can sell a lot.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or know any good items to sell a lot of for cheap just to bring the metrics up?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2013

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%
Default Re: Help improving account

Yes, you need to start pumping out orders asap! as in yesterday if the account is worth keeping. Just make sure it is nothing apple related.

Double check your business model and your responses to issues. I will admit all neg feedbacks and a-z claims I have gotten the past year were completely false or trying to rip me off, but your ORD seems pretty high. I have two claims for the past year out of 1300 transactions.

Could you be taking a long time to respond?
Old 10-16-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

You can contact amazon.com via help. Explain your problems like you have here. If its all true they will not award the a-z against you and your metrics will be back to normal.
Old 10-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
You can contact amazon.com via help. Explain your problems like you have here. If its all true they will not award the a-z against you and your metrics will be back to normal.
Is that true? I thought this is how they kept count of A-Z claims. I have never heard of them removing claims against you.

The weird thing is that on one of the A-Z claims where the buyer "couldn't send me a message" he said he called amazon and the rep told him to open a A-Z claim instead. I am not sure that that should be common practice or what the rep should have told him (if the story is true)

Plus I am worried that if I contact them then they might just ban my account. Sometimes things go un-looked and I am worried if I contact them I'll just be asking them to look at my account.
Old 10-16-2013

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
That is not true at all! The metric number that you see in your account health will stay the same. The only thing that they will do is take into account the reasons of the AZ claims if it ever came down to a suspension or lifting of a suspension. Even if a AZ Claim is Withdrawn buy the buyer (which I have had), the mark on ODR will remain affected. Its very frustrating. They don't ever correct or adjust the ODR score. The only time is if a Negative feedback is removed the system will automatically correct it. But a person/employee with never go adjust the actual score.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-20-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

4 A-Z claims is really bad - what is the problem you identified OP? Time to revamp the business model
Old 10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
4 A-Z claims is really bad - what is the problem you identified OP? Time to revamp the business model
His 4 A Z cases were identified as:

1.) Claimed that he couldn't message me so he opened up an A-Z claim to communicate with me. When I messaged him he had no problem messaging me back.

2.) One bought and item and instead of asking me to cancel the transaction, opens an A-Z claim.

4.) Another sent me a message for a refund and instead of waiting 30 minutes for me to answer, opens a claim because he didn't hear back from me.

---I've unfortunately had all these happen to me as well. It is rare that they all happen in the same 2 month short term ODR window but it is more than possible (especially with higher volumes) . The one surefire way to combat some of these is the communication response time. I understand it's difficult for some people to respond within minutes or an hour or two, but the fact of the matter a lot of these irrational people are impatient and ignorant , they need things spoon fed to them and spoon fed quick. Clear and quick english for dummies. Nothing confusing or beating around the bush. If they come with the heat in their return request, be quick and answer/resolve their concern asap. The more questions you ask or patience you test can cause them to snap like a twig and fire off a claim "because you weren't responding (how they wanted you to respond)" or "I didn't know how to do xxxx", .

It's Amazon, and if you want to be on Amazon you have to play by their rules and adapt to what works within their code of conduct and operation. That is how they became such a power house because they treated all customers like babies, no questions asked, return return return, no problem! Quick and painless
Old 10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomrains View Post
That is not true at all! The metric number that you see in your account health will stay the same. The only thing that they will do is take into account the reasons of the AZ claims if it ever came down to a suspension or lifting of a suspension. Even if a AZ Claim is Withdrawn buy the buyer (which I have had), the mark on ODR will remain affected. Its very frustrating. They don't ever correct or adjust the ODR score. The only time is if a Negative feedback is removed the system will automatically correct it. But a person/employee with never go adjust the actual score.
Amazon has been very nice in removing feedback for me but they have ignored all requests to removing a-z....even if the reason is against their written policy! Tickets go ignored.

Their A-Z does suck. If you win the case then that should not count against you.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-20-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomrains View Post
His 4 A Z cases were identified as:

---I've unfortunately had all these happen to me as well. It is rare that they all happen in the same 2 month short term ODR window but it is more than possible (especially with higher volumes) . The one surefire way to combat some of these is the communication response time. I understand it's difficult for some people to respond within minutes or an hour or two, but the fact of the matter a lot of these irrational people are impatient and ignorant , they need things spoon fed to them and spoon fed quick. Clear and quick english for dummies. Nothing confusing or beating around the bush. If they come with the heat in their return request, be quick and answer/resolve their concern asap. The more questions you ask or patience you test can cause them to snap like a twig and fire off a claim "because you weren't responding (how they wanted you to respond)" or "I didn't know how to do xxxx", .

It's Amazon, and if you want to be on Amazon you have to play by their rules and adapt to what works within their code of conduct and operation. That is how they became such a power house because they treated all customers like babies, no questions asked, return return return, no problem! Quick and painless
I completely agree with what you are saying. I got on Amazon around March when eBay banned my account and ever since then I have been kissing customer's asses with whatever they have wanted. Returns have been no questions asked. It is very unfair accounts to be at risk because of things like this but I guess there is nothing to be done.

I am hopefully going to try and sell an item that I can sell for cheap at a loss to try and increase my metrics. I haven't done this before so I don't know how it will work out but I am hoping for the best.
Old 10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkman View Post
I completely agree with what you are saying. I got on Amazon around March when eBay banned my account and ever since then I have been kissing customer's asses with whatever they have wanted. Returns have been no questions asked. It is very unfair accounts to be at risk because of things like this but I guess there is nothing to be done.

I am hopefully going to try and sell an item that I can sell for cheap at a loss to try and increase my metrics. I haven't done this before so I don't know how it will work out but I am hoping for the best.
I'm in the same boat.

For the A Z claims : WIN , LOSE , DRAW, WITHDRAW, FAIR, UNFAIR, PATHETIC, NONSENSICAL, APPEALED, CALLED IN, = DOESN'T MATTER! THE SCORING METRIC NUMBER WILL REMAIN THE SAME.

Am@zon employees might agree with and feed you some lines on the up and up but the fact is the metric number will always have that hit til it falls out of the window.

Regarding a suspension caused BY the A Z Claim(s) , that's a different story, they will look at everything on the account regarding a suspension or suspension appeal. And if these unmerited A Z claims are basically the only reason why you were suspended they will know that and take appropriate action to keep you aboard if everything else looks in shape and can get back under the 1% in the near future.

It's bullsh!t, I know I've beat my head numerous times with this and it happens to everybody that sells enough to know. The people that say look at why its happening , look at why its happening blah blah blah, they either don't sell enough to understand these buyers are out there or they are just being politically correct pundits for Am@zon, there is a lot of these people on the am@zon boards. I respect them but the information they provide is very robotic.

Last edited by freedomrains; 10-17-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 10-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Couldn't agree more with you. It seems that instead of trying to help with some useful information, most do say the same robotic phrases that automatically assume you are doing something wrong.

Oh well though, I guess only time will tell what happens.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-20-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2013

Well, not JUST time. Also your actions. You have started a proactive approach by selling more of the filler items. That is what I need to do as well.

Here's my equation to help ODR :
-Be on point (respond as quickly as possible) with return requests and all correspondence for that matter
-If you sense a buyer is heated or will be shortly, lay out the return or resolution plan before they have a chance to get confused in their own little brain. You have to hold a lot of their hands and tell them exactly what is going to happen and if they have any questions/concerns to let you know.
-Try to remove any negative feedbacks (sooner the better) with buyers that would be willing to negotiate or sympathize.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-20-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-17-2013

Yes, everyone should be responsible for the information they read and how they perceive/believe it. You're right in the fact that the number stays in tact and doesn't change. You get an AZ claim the number hits the metric, then regardless of the outcome the number stays "in tact", it doesn't change. Can't get into semantics with you over "in tact". The fact is the point stays in the ODR window until gone.

HERE IS THE STRAIGHT UP EXPLANATION QUOTED FROM AMAZON'S WEBSITE:

Are buyer-withdrawn or not-granted claims counted as defects?

Yes. All claims are counted as defects. Because Am@zon.com values customer experience and expects sellers to accept responsibility for dispute resolution, we want to capture any problems that cause buyers to file claims. Over time, a seller with enough orders will have some claims they feel were unjustly filed. However, these should be small compared to total order volume.

Straight from the horses mouth, enough said. Read, understand, then adapt, the best way to succeed and survive.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-20-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2013
Banned

freeddomrains As I said win the a-z and you metrics stay remain intact and you will not be suspended.
Old 10-18-2013

Quote:
freeddomrains As I said win the a-z and you metrics stay remain intact and you will not be suspended.
From my experience(USA), that has not been the case. I won a case, and it is still on my metrics.
Old 10-18-2013
Threadstarter  

So the original point of this thread was about helping improve the account....does anyone have any tips or suggestions on what to sell a lot of fast, even if its at a loss.

I'm not really concerned about A-Z claims and who's fault it is anymore, you can literally read the same exact posts on every thread
Old 10-18-2013
Banned

Do some research on amazon and go to your local walmart. Also you can set up a buying account, different IP etc and buy your own goods. This works really well, if you don't have a lot of feedback.
Old 10-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Do some research on amazon and go to your local walmart. Also you can set up a buying account, different IP etc and buy your own goods. This works really well, if you don't have a lot of feedback.

great help....im guessing you have no idea.
Old 10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkman View Post
great help....im guessing you have no idea.

Not sure if you have thought of it already, but try lowering your current items ASAP at cost or a little below to start pumping out sales until you can find an item to sale at volume.
The Following User Says Thank You to user3657 For This Useful Post:
hulkman (10-20-2013)
Old 10-19-2013
Threadstarter  

the forum is help one another out. I simply asked for suggestions/advice, if you don't know what to say or have anything to say, then maybe just don't post anything.

Saying that A-Z claims can be taken off by amazon, that they dont count against your metrics is not only false information, but its useless information thats unrelated to the thread.

Also, never asked anyone to find me a product. Simply asked for suggestions. If you dont have anything to say, might as not say anything at all.
Old 10-20-2013

Longevity: 65%

Ok, everyone needs to relax a moment. @hulkman please go back and look at your posts with an open mind. Even if someone posts something that is a mistake there is no call to jump down their throat.

Someone with "a proper attitude" would cordially point out the error and move on. We are not paid to post advice. By attacking one person (and a well-respected one at that) others are not going to offer advice freely, fearing the same treatment in the event their answer doesn't conform to your perceived standard for posts.

I understand you are a bit desperate at this time. We have all been there at one time or another. When one is hungry it is best not to bite the hand of the one that feeds you... even if the food tastes bad.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-20-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2013
Threadstarter  

Sorry but I have to disagree with you. No on is paid to post advice on here, or paid to post anything for that matter.

And by looking back at the posts no one posted any advice or anything relevant. Every post sounds something like oh well you are messing up if you are getting a-z claims and you gotta take a look at what you are doing because you are doing it wrong. Just by reading the original post, you can see that these were completely out of my control as much as you guys like to disagree.

The only person who posted some useful advice on here was user3657 who mentioned lowering prices of my products to just pump out sales. I followed his advice and sold stuff at a very small profit to get a high number of sales and hopefully raise my metrics in the long run.

This thread is like beating a dead horse though, getting pretty useless now. Thank you user3657 for your advice though.
Closed Thread