Amazon shipping? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Amazon shipping?

I have ordered a 55 inch TV from Adorama Camera on Amazon.com for $680 as international shipping to Turkey. The seller shipped the TV with UPS and I have to pay UPS approx. $200 because of tax now.

Questions:
- Is there a way to avoid tax for international shipping of electronics in the future?
- Can I still refund the TV on Amazon without getting my account in trouble? (The order is in Turkey, but I filed an a-z guarantee claim 4 days ago.)

I apologize for the newbie questions, I am new to this.

Thanks

Last edited by Darak; 09-03-2015 at 09:20 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Amazon shipping?

Why file an A/Z against this poor seller, its not his fault you have to pay taxes. I would imagine amazon will take the side of the seller as he did nothing wrong. And if you have to ship it back you will I guess pay more than $200 in shipping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
Darak (09-05-2015), sax4 (09-12-2015)
Old 09-04-2015

Longevity: 51%

im sorry to hear such problem. unfortunately it was your mistake not confirming with your local laws and regulation about import duties.

i dont think the seller is at fault.

1. you cant avoid international shipping especially for such expensive and huge items. you might be able to for small items and not very obvious by asking some sellers to declare them as gifts though not very legal.

2. not sure. you may try not paying the tax and it may well be returned to the seller. but im not sure about the refund or a-z claim. do tell us about what happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhhbizz For This Useful Post:
Darak (09-05-2015)
Old 09-04-2015

you should not file an a-z guarantee claim as it is not the seller fault and he will get trouble because of your mistake..
All the country in the world has import taxes, if I did it in mine, i woud have to pay more than $680...

maybe you didn't know about that because it was your first order for such a big and expensive item, but i doubt amazon will help you.

my advice for next time is to talk about that with the seller BEFORE ordering, many of them can help you to pay less taxes and also to not use UPS for importing

take it as an experience and don't put the seller in trouble
The Following User Says Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
Darak (09-05-2015)
Old 09-05-2015
Threadstarter  

I went to the bank and deposited UPS the amount of tax they wanted. They told me they finally ship it tomorrow and it should arrive on Wednesday. Amazon support sent me an email yesterday stating I'd have to pay the costs for returning it back to the USA in case I refund. I realize that it was my mistake now, should've informed myself better.

Thanks for the replies, mates. Have a good one.
Old 09-17-2015

Longevity: 49%

You should not have payed the tax. You should have let it sit at UPS. You chat with Amazon and show that the item never arrived to its destiantion. Eventually, UPS would have shipped it back to Amazon. You would have been refunded.
Old 09-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post
You should not have payed the tax. You should have let it sit at UPS. You chat with Amazon and show that the item never arrived to its destiantion. Eventually, UPS would have shipped it back to Amazon. You would have been refunded.
Then the seller would have been out of his money, because the BUYER was too inept to understand import taxes. This is a forum for SELLERS. Have some empathy.
Old 09-17-2015

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post
Let hope many of your customers follow your advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taking The Micky For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (09-17-2015)
Old 09-17-2015

Longevity: 52%

I love Amazon A-Z claims!

1st one was a costumer who wanted to ask a question, open A-Z claim, I asked him why, he told me he didn't know that there is an option to send messages - he withdraw the claim.

2nd one, costumer return item, I approve, one week later A-Z claim open, why you don't refund me? Me, I don't get the item yet, plus tracking shows not arrived yet - he withdraw the claim.

3rd one, item shipped and received and signed, 2 weeks later without notice A-Z claim for item not delivered - DHL did not get the signature, my mistake as I am responsible for the item to get in the costumers hands. DHL apologized for the mistake, which didn't help.

4th one, A-Z claim, asked the buyer why, he tells me he wants to return, asked him why he didn't open a return request, he tells me he didn't see the option- - he withdraw the claim.

5th one, A-Z claim for not refunding money, told the buyer that he never opened a return request nor did I receive anything from him, he send me tracking number, but it was to a different address not mine, and he shows me an Amazon transcript for the return, the only thing is that it's not the item I sold to him which the return is authorized for, its another sellers return - still pending

Sorry but I am a bit itchy when I hear A-Z.