Why does Amazon customer service act like they are retarded...? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-27-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Why does Amazon customer service act like they are retarded...?

How many times have you written in to Amazon seller support about something...and they answer a question that you never asked...or completely ignore something pointed that you are trying to get across.

Is this on purpose?

Are these third world people who don't know the language?

What is going on?

Anyone?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Why does Amazon customer service act like they are retarded...?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...er-planet.html
Old 02-27-2016

Longevity: 55%

Nice one rsot, I was just to leap in here and say see my post from yesterday about the crazy out with the washing issues I have been having with Amz seller central overall the last 8 days. At least someone else is going through it as well.

Yes sabbiman that is exactly how they reply to your contact with them. Even worse if you put your phone number on the contact form, they ring you back straight away, but don't bother to check out the issue you are wanting a call about, even like in my case where it has been going on all week, with contact between me, my customer, seller central, every day over that time. But it's a different seller support rep every time, and again they don't have a clue what the contact us about so you have to go over everything AGAIN, and 6 or 7 times later that wears thin! Then they ask you for feedback on how well they have handled the issue! You couldn't make it up.

Even when you loose the plot with their stupidness, they don't even realise you are starting to rant and rave a bit at them, it's like it goes completely over their heads. I asked them if they even knew what day of the week it is, what's planet we are on. Still at the end of the conversation came that missive, 'how have we done?, please leave us feedback'. Unbelievable.

Last edited by RosieTosie; 02-27-2016 at 04:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
Lucifer (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016

Longevity: 53%

Amazon, Ebay. PP, they much all have "special" recruitment days looking for the most retarded of staff
Old 02-27-2016

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Why does Amazon customer service act like they are retarded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie2065 View Post
Amazon, Ebay. PP, they much all have "special" recruitment days looking for the most retarded of staff
Hey richie2065 you nailed it, such a bang on true thought on joys of seller support, customer service prob the same at eBay/PayPal although being stealth not had much contact with them.
Old 02-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Can any of us honestly say we wouldn't start dodging questions if our job was to answer questions all day?
Old 02-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 52%

Well...let me tell you, I have used this to great effect over the last little while, and I will say it again...

When this nonsense happens, email Jeff Bezos.

Send an email to jeff@amazon.com

I am telling you. It works.

On four separate occasions they have come to my aid, reinstating accounts that some retard from seller support decided to shut down.

Make your case in a simple email. They get back to you, and they cut through the bull very quickly and succinctly.

But you better have a case.

I have lost decisions as well.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Amazon's seller support team is not retarded. But they are limited in what and how they can answer. They have a series of scripted replies they can use in response to an email from a seller. If your situation happens to fit exactly one of those scripts, then you are good to go. But if your situation in unique and requires a thoughtful response, then they just try to shoehorn your question into the most similar issue they have a response for.

I am not 100% certain of this part of it, but I would be willing to bet money that I am right. If an Amazon seller support employee wants to answer to your actual situation and it does not fit neatly into one of their canned answers, they probably have to get approval for whatever text they send. And that might even require an attorney looking it over first. Many times, legal cases hinge on what was said in an email or what the meaning of a specific word is, or what context it was used in. So, more and more, corporations are afraid to let employees think for themselves. I have seen this in several companies which is why I believe it applies to Amazon.

The fact is, you are NEVER going to get straight answers from eBay or Amazon regarding your seller account. And that can drive you mad! Much better just to get with the stealth program and not have to worry about any ONE specific account.
Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 53%

Then again Jeff, are these actual people to just bots answering the reply. Question the answer you are given and then this may pass to a real person.