What postage company/option do you use. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 02-21-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default What postage company/option do you use.

Hi everybody,

I did a little research here and couldn't find this topic for Australia.

Since I started again with stealth guide, my accounts have been working fine and business is growing from month to month.

So far I've been using Australia Post as a shipping company, and either registered post or express shipping. I've had couple of problems over the months, where the express parcels went missing, because drivers just drop them off where ever they like. Not too bad considering that I've sold hundreds of items, but could be better.

Now, cause my accounts are crowing every month, I find it getting more and more expensive, and clients don't want to pay high shipping costs, otherwise they stop buying.

So I'm just wondering is there anything better/cheaper/faster out there? I've been looking around on online but haven't found anything so far. So if anybody would consider replying to me, I'd be very happy.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2012

Longevity: 75%

Looking forward to reading the replies
Old 02-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

It is said that Australia Post is the most cheaper and best express postage company in AU.The other postage company like DHL,Air express so expensive.

This is what our AU friends told me and he used to send lots of packages each week.

Last edited by teedon; 02-21-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-21-2012
Threadstarter  

DHL and Air Express are more expensive for sure. I forgot to mention that I ship only domestically inside Australia, no international shipping. And I was thinking about these smaller courier companies, which seems to be everywhere.
Old 02-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

No need to use the international companies internally. Too pricey, as you said.

What volume are you doing?
Old 02-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
What volume are you doing?
Volumes as dollars or as how many items per day?

Usually I post around 10 items per day, some days more some days less. Dollar value varies a lot. Anything between $300-$1000 a day.

When I write it like that it doesn't seem huge amount at all, 10 items a day. Probably most of you are doing a lot more than that. But it's just for bit of an extra money for now, and I'd like to keep as much as possible, that money to myself and doesn't want to share it with all the other companies.

Bit greedy, aren't I?
Old 02-21-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Have you consider clickandsend? They are a little bit cheaper.
Also included is the item tracking, so you can check where is the item now.
Old 02-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirds View Post
Volumes as dollars or as how many items per day?

Usually I post around 10 items per day, some days more some days less. Dollar value varies a lot. Anything between $300-$1000 a day.

When I write it like that it doesn't seem huge amount at all, 10 items a day. Probably most of you are doing a lot more than that. But it's just for bit of an extra money for now, and I'd like to keep as much as possible, that money to myself and doesn't want to share it with all the other companies.

Bit greedy, aren't I?
Never underestimate your own dreams....

10 items daily means your business is going well.

Others' earnings are their concern. Your aim is your optimum profit. :D

Smartsend | Interstate Courier Services | Delivery Quote | Ebay courier Service

Parcel Delivery from Interparcel Australia

I use Aussie Post as a last resort
Pringles (02-23-2012)
Old 03-01-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirds View Post
Hi everybody,

I did a little research here and couldn't find this topic for Australia.

Since I started again with stealth guide, my accounts have been working fine and business is growing from month to month.

So far I've been using Australia Post as a shipping company, and either registered post or express shipping. I've had couple of problems over the months, where the express parcels went missing, because drivers just drop them off where ever they like. Not too bad considering that I've sold hundreds of items, but could be better.

Now, cause my accounts are crowing every month, I find it getting more and more expensive, and clients don't want to pay high shipping costs, otherwise they stop buying.

So I'm just wondering is there anything better/cheaper/faster out there? I've been looking around on online but haven't found anything so far. So if anybody would consider replying to me, I'd be very happy.

Hey dude-use 'click and send'-I 2 have had issues with express-u have the option in a drop down box-as to what u want the driver to do with the satchel-i choose 'if no-one home leave red card in mail box"-hasn't let me down yet-plus it costs $5.50+u get a tracking number virtually for nothing-the satchels are dirt cheap-it's win/win--give it a go-u have nothing 2 lose literally!
Old 03-06-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

This is a problem that could never be fixed, I was an Aussie seller. When I had my supplies from overseas, I had already paid a lot of money for shipment, tax, and customs declaration. But I reckon the most painful cost is Australia Post. I finally decided to have my stuff sent to my customers directly from overseas.

Guess what? Hong Kong Post is cheaper to sent stuff to Australia than Australia Post. it only takes 5-12 days, sometime could be even faster than the Australia Post.

My suggestion is if you have a supplier from Hong Kong or Shenzhen. You'd better not to put your stock in Australia, in stead, hire an agency in Hong Kong to post it for you.
Old 03-06-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

This is a problem that could never be fixed, I was an Aussie seller. When I had my supplies from overseas, I had already paid a lot of money for shipment, tax, and customs declaration. But I reckon the most painful cost is Australia Post. I finally decided to have my stuff sent to my customers directly from overseas.

Guess what? Hong Kong Post is cheaper to sent stuff to Australia than Australia Post. it only takes 5-12 days, sometime could be even faster than the Australia Post.

My suggestion is if you have a supplier from Hong Kong or Shenzhen. You'd better not to put your stock in Australia, in stead, hire an agency in Hong Kong to post it for you.