Simon still good for EBAY PayPal? Using Simon - General problems / issues with Simon - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 08-22-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2ruff4u View Post
I tryed to buy a card from simon it keeps telling cannot process atm because its down. Then giftcards says the same thing also. Has anyone had this problem as of yesterday?
Yes, I had the same problem yesterday and today.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 99%

This isnt cool then they might be catching on doubt it kinda. But both sites?? Hm. something isnt right here. Does anyone else know any other sites?
Old 08-22-2007

Well from what I've read on this forum, virtual cards at giftcards.com has been down for some time. I'm not sure if simon is really down or if my card is not verified by visa. Apparently your card has to be verified for simon to take it. I used my old debit card for the first simon account just fine. I closed that checking account this past Monday since Ebay and Paypal were trying to take money out of it. I tried to buy another simon card yesterday with my new debit card (same bank and everything) and it says the "service is down" after submitting all my information. Can anyone else confirm that Simon is up or down? Thanks.

If you can, just go down to the corner gas station and buy an "All Access" Visa card. You can put in your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info when you activate it online. It seems to work just fine for Ebay and Paypal.
Old 08-23-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Exclamation Want to make sure on simon cards

I know its not possible right now to buy any simon cards of other gift cards. That are virtual..

If I go the mall and buy the cards there that just say SIMON GIFTCARD I can just put all bogus info on those cards and use it on ebay correct? Dont want to make a wasted trip. *im actualy going outside* Gasp! lol ^^

Ty in advance!
Old 08-23-2007

Default Yes

nmtgtlgtlgtl
Old 08-23-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

You can use any prepaid credit or gift card that has a Visa or MC logo to open a eBay account.
Old 08-23-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I really don't know what you are asking. I bought a Simon virtual Visa over the weekend. Delivered via email, same as always.
I remember someone (not sure who or what thread) said that they had a problem buying the virtual CC, but I think it might have had to do with them personally or their email or something similar.

What a bummer, get banned from ebay and then using simon virtual CC to get back on and getting banned by simon.

Better behave or you'll get banned here too
Old 08-25-2007

Default Using Simon with EBAY - there are no issues if you know what you are doing

Got a Simon card yesterday and went to enter the info to sell (account was registered two weeks ago) and it said my card address didn't match my registered address. How can that be when there is no address on the card?

I did a live chat and the rep said that I could use ID verify.
The account is registered with the real information of a friend who just move, so the address and phone# (although now disconnected) are real.

Should I do the ID verify for $5 (from everything I have read here my gut says NO)

Should I try to set up a PP account with the card (or will I run into the same thing) and then select PP as payment method for EB

Or should I had the email registered on this account to my existing PP account(although the main email on the PP was the registered email on an EB account the just got banned)

Help, I thought I had things under control to get selling again

I just went to the Simon site and it said that I had to register to use it online...I guess for shipping info, whereas if it was used to buy something in person that wouldn't be required.
My bad.
I'll report back after trying to add it again...if it works(which I am hoping it will) it will make this post moot other than to help to educate others through my ignorance

Well, it took it, so slap me for not trying everything first before posting.
Hopefully someone else will read this and not goof up like I did
Old 08-25-2007
Threadstarter  

what address did you use? I had to use the address on file at mysimon couldnt use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address to register the card...
Old 08-26-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
what address did you use? I had to use the address on file at mysimon couldnt use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address to register the card...
A friend of mine lost her house to foreclosure:(

I signed up using her info, so if they ever check it it will be legit(for a while anyway)

When I got the GC yesterday the guy at the mall kiosk said that it would be ready to go after he swiped it, so I thought that I was all set and probably would have been if I had tried to use it anywhere where the purchase was cash and carry.

With an online purchase you have to go to the Simon site and enter in your info so that if you make a purchase the vendor knows where to ship it...kind of like many merchants won't ship to an address different than the billinbg address.

So I entered the GC info the same as the EB registration in and it sailed right through. I also used it to get a new PP account and worked there too! It's not verified, but if I use that account to pay for my online purchases and pay my seller fees, that's okay. I just won't let the balance get too high and I will try to utilize the less than $500 month to send to my verified PP account.

Wondering if I can add another email to that account...just in case

Right now it seems too easy.

Man I love this place!!!:D
Old 08-26-2007
Threadstarter  

yeah this place rocks...
Old 08-27-2007

I am going to have to use the Simon card to when you register it do you use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address and phone number? Help I just got suspended again..
Old 08-27-2007

Yes use the Simon card.

However you are going to have to either keep a large balance in there if you don't want to change credit cards every month.
Old 08-27-2007

What do you mean buy keeping a large balance?
Old 08-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandlayne View Post
What do you mean buy keeping a large balance?
I'm thinking to pay your EB seller fees, but I have read that EB will let you send them a money order.

Can't you just set up a PP account using the same GC and then pay your seller fees to EB with that PP account?
Old 09-06-2007
Executive [VIP]

Default Simon Giftcard getting hip to the game?

I ordered 3 or 4 Simon cards in a week and they with-held the last card until they could get me on the phone to ask me why I was buying so many cards. They wanted to know what I was usuing them for. Has anyone run into this issue?
Old 09-06-2007
Executive [VIP]

ok...thats just bugged that they will do it with some bs $20 cards! lol
Old 09-06-2007

Why not just buy them at the kiosk at the mall?
Unless you don't have one near you...fortunately for me I live < 5 miles from one.
Old 09-06-2007
Executive [VIP]

How does that work? Can you get them with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name & address?
Old 09-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I've been wondering the same...if the Simon gift cards you purchase at the mall will also have a name and billing address encoded.
The cards you get at the mall have no identifying info on them such as a name. They have a minimum of $20 plus $2 fee to buy the card, i.e. you get a card with $20 on it for $22. You then go to the Simon site on the card and register it for online purchases (so they have a name and address) This of course can be any name/the name you are using to create the EB and PP accounts. Your enter your info into the Simon site, go register at EB with that same info. They send a query (usually $1) to the CC company to verify that it is an active card and the address is the same and boom...you have an account set up. Works for PP too, but of course only unverifed.
Old 09-07-2007

I haven't used the VC, but you can put down any address (I think it would have to exist, at least) and name for SGC, the EB then PP. Worked for me about a week ago at least.
Old 10-16-2007

Longevity: 95%
Default Simon Giftaccount

Hi,

I have a question. Do I need to give my real name and address when buying a Simon virtual Giftaccount at Simmon.com? If I do, can Ebay detect my real name and address when I use this giftaccount to create the seller account which has my bogus name and address?

Appreciate your help.