Found a seemingly reliable source for electronics - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%

OP might be purchasing refurb items repackaged as new and not even know it. Seen it done over and over. Only way to really justify buying something that google is losing money on selling makes any sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
Futuremogul888 (12-13-2012)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

Woah...why has my question stimulated such a response from the forum?

Legit or not, I have a source that so far has sold me 21 tablets at a price where
I can make some bucks online, locally, or whatever. I understand that I wouldn't be able to get them direct from Google at a price that I can compete with the big boys...ya I get that...

I'm not trying to sell these to anyone on the forum...nor am I acting as the supplier. So what's going on there? This thread just seems a little heated for no reason. lol

But good information nonetheless for readers regarding suppliers, profit margins, fees and whatnot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcjerjer For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (12-14-2012), Packattack12 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

The topic is not heated, it is just a forum being a forum. Everyone has their opinion and you pick and choose from there. I think to make it clear no one wants anyone here to get ripped off. We might have been harsh but its just our way of warning you. I DO hope it works for you, just does n ot seem very realistic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slim jim For This Useful Post:
Futuremogul888 (12-13-2012), Packattack12 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-13-2012

Longevity: 74%

ok,, people here are very tense when it comes to wholesale, the op said he received the products, nothing wrong here and I should have read the thread where he said he received.

I will never resell products on here, I will be attacked immediately on the subject,,sourcing reliable suppliers it's difficult, I've been there but not impossible, bad experiences are part of business deals, carefulness, use entrepreneurial instincts and self research. Nothing wrong w/ testing a supplier and just take safe payment measures, basic knowledge. Does not mean everyones a crook, don't take bad judgment and loose opportunities before learning.

just saying..
The Following User Says Thank You to hercheys For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-13-2012

Longevity: 90%

I haven't read much of what was said here but buying @ 200 and making 20$ profit is just not worth it man. You are running the risk of losing a lot more than making. I suggest that you concentrate on selling generic items which aren't as expensive to buy. Something that cost you no more than 10-30$ per item.
Old 12-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Im Not quite sure why so many here feel that $200 for a Nexus 7 is so Cheap that it's "Suspect", The Pad retails for $249.00,,He simply may have found a Distributor that has "Overcommited" to Google and is Most Likely moving the Pads at his cost or maybe Slightly below that so he does not jeopardize his contract with google,,,It is a VERY good Bet that those pads are 100% Legit

I got some breaking news for some of you,,,thats EXACTLY what EVERYONE is supposed to be looking for,,the seceret to this whole thing is NOT to deal with 1 Distributor, But MANY, as many as possible, and to forge STRONG relationships with them, this way when one of them needs to "Move" an item, they will call on you to "Help Them", BUT in order to get that call, you need to spend money with them on a Regular basis on things that you make VERY little on MOST of the Year so you can be invited to "Move" something.

There are ALL sorts of examples of this EVERYDAY, Here is another, Before Nintendo rolled out the WiiU, they "Moved Out" the regular Wii at $69.00 each, in that short period you could have EASILY gotten anywhere from $99 to $129, for a regular Wii

Then you got another Opportunity to gamble durring the "Pre Book Period when you were able to order almost Any amount of new WiiU, for $342 (Black), if the "Hype" was big enough then you could make another Killing, and with the WiiU it sort of was,,the MSRP of the Black WiiU is $349.99,,,for about 2 weeks they were selling from $440-$500 on Ebay,,

These are the things that you wait for,,,you tread water and Break even for the VAST majority of the year,,and then you make a couple of short lived KILLINGS, when those opportunities for a Killing come, you simply need to maximize on them,,

Last edited by slapped; 12-14-2012 at 12:50 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-14-2012), GreenGhost (12-25-2012), hercheys (12-14-2012), oompaloompa (12-14-2012), Packattack12 (12-19-2012), unkown5454 (12-14-2012)
Old 12-14-2012

Longevity: 80%

We've all be "slapped" with some knowledge..

I actually do have a 2 supplier like what slapped is talking about where they contact me to get rid of stuff they have too much of...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
slim jim (12-14-2012)
Old 12-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Im Not quite sure why so many here feel that $200 for a Nexus 7 is so Cheap that it's "Suspect", The Pad retails for $249.00
I don't think anyone here thinks that $200 for a Nexus 7 is cheap or suspect. What we think is suspect is his ability to make a profit on ebay/amazon on Nexus 7 tablets. I doubt his wholesaler gets them cheap enough to make a profit on ebay/amazon.

While what you said about closeouts is true, you mentioned two important conditions. One you have to have a reputation with these suppliers that you nurture over time through frequent spending and that these closeout deals come around a few times a year. Your business model is not the same as the OP's business model.

As for your business model, I see it as a water ice stand. You make some good money a few months out of the year but for the rest of the year your business is an inefficiently utilized property.
Old 12-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

mcjerjer - you could create a smaller side business - register it to your provincial formulary and generate your own invoices to your main selling company...way around dealing with invoices of China provider.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-15-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
I don't think anyone here thinks that $200 for a Nexus 7 is cheap or suspect. What we think is suspect is his ability to make a profit on ebay/amazon on Nexus 7 tablets. I doubt his wholesaler gets them cheap enough to make a profit on ebay/amazon.

While what you said about closeouts is true, you mentioned two important conditions. One you have to have a reputation with these suppliers that you nurture over time through frequent spending and that these closeout deals come around a few times a year. Your business model is not the same as the OP's business model.

As for your business model, I see it as a water ice stand. You make some good money a few months out of the year but for the rest of the year your business is an inefficiently utilized property.
That is the smallest part of my business model, along with those products that i have nmentioned in this thread (Ipad mini, Wii, WiiU, ect) I also sell an emormous selection of surrounding products such as Screen Protectors, controllers, silicon cases, games, connecting cables, ect, ect, EVERYONE knows that you cannot survive selling only the main piece of hardware.

I was only attempting to illustrate in a very SMALL way a portion of the inner workings of the comsumer eletronics business for those who might be interested in learning. Selling surrounding pruducts is such a natural extension to the business that it goes without saying.
Old 12-24-2012
Banned

Longevity: 66%

Find something else don't deal with technology. I use to have a business registered in the states. You need to invest over $100,000 monthly on electronics! And I got the real people with real stuff, but you need to buy so much per month from these guys. And if you don't sell it on time they price drops and you are out of luck. Best buy guys buy like $5 million or more directly and get a cheaper price at times and have the stores to sell them.

You have 1 bad seller who scams you or opens up a dispute you are out of your own money! And one tiny issue and all of that was for nothing! Sell a different product that is under $30, for male and female of all ages! Everyone wants laptops you can make 10% if you buy over 10 to 20k worth of laptops but then again it's not new and it's used and risky and so on. I wouldn't touch it really. Find a place online that has really cheap parts at a discount and build your own pc's and resell them but then again with stuff worth over $500 the fees and shipping costs and so on. So not worth it really. It's too risky.

There are more people on this world who have $30 to spend then $200. So you are also limiting your self with high end prices. Just my 2 cents! I sell and make a good profit with just 1 account. And I make a good 400% profits on ebay with it.

Once I have more money I am buying something to help me boost it up to 1,600% and then get it out of china or india and earn 3,200% on my money and yes selling this on EBAY!

And my products don't expire as in the price like your stuff would within a month or 2.

Everyone wants to sell iphones and so on. Video games you only get $1 off from retail price when you buy with a business. Then you got to pay shipping too you and need to buy 100+ games just to make a buck! Screw that!

To sell stuff on ebay you need to find out what you'd like to sell and get into and know what you are doing and spend at least a year in research into this!

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (12-24-2012)
Closed Thread