Package Seized by Customs - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,945 Times in 8,236 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Package Seized by Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
How do you feel about a 6 by 8 foot room with a bunk buddy?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (03-13-2015), unkown5454 (03-13-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (03-13-2015), rsot (03-13-2015), unkown5454 (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
You ever visited Turkey, Egypt or MANY other countries with less economic wealth than the super powers? It's hard to find something that is not f@ke!

Unfortunately, it's another thing that is part of this world like countries that will never get out of poverty even though hundreds of billions if pumped into them. Same principal. Governments probably back some of these large setups to make counterfeits, wouldn't surprise me one bit but you make it out to be the worst thing that has ever happened.

Welcome to the real world unfortunately.
Yes, I'm aware of world issues and that blac.k markets will always exist. That's no reason to justify it, especially in our first world countries. Blame it on the countries who tax the sh*t out of their, mostly poor, citizens. When Chinese workers make $200/month and the real iPhone cost them $2,000, I get that creates the blac.k market for Ap.ple and any other company operating the same.

But, these world issues have nothing to do with OP and others in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhunter0294 View Post
I didn't realize anything I said sounded like complaining but apparently to you it did. I reached out to others for advice not to get bashed by you. My intelligence level is not your concern nor do you know anything about I made a mistake yes and I will learn from that mistake but I'm a grown man with a family and don't need to be talked down to by someone who thinks they are better than someone else.
Christ, you are even worse than before. Does your family know? Please tell me you do not have children.

Bear your burdens alone, especially if innocent people depend on you. You clearly don't give a sh*t since you've been doing it for years and resting on your laurels thinking you are some sore of legit businessman.

Like I said before, handle your sh*t. When you accepted the fact that you wanted to operate an ill.egal business, you also accepted the consequences. Don't whine about how you've done this forever and somehow that made it ok and that nothing should ever happen to you. That's just being lazy and careless.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
MM78 (03-13-2015)
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Friday reality check with unkown - have to respect the clarity of the address
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
guthan123 (09-30-2020)
Old 03-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

I really don't respect sh*t that he has to say. I wasn't whining about a damn thing. I have retained an attorney. Thanks to the people who gave advice and didn't bash.
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
I really don't respect sh*t that he has to say. I wasn't whining about a damn thing. I have retained an attorney. Thanks to the people who gave advice and didn't bash.
Thats a good thing to do. Hang in there. It shouldn't be so bad if this is your first time. Your attorney should be able to squash it outside of court, but you will have restrictions on you in case if they ever catch you slipping again they can say "I told yo ass last time..."
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It's a good the the OP retained an attorney. Anyone in similar circumstances should do the same.

I can understand the OP's position. What he did was working for a long time, so why stop? It is a very human decision that ANY of us could have made under the same circumstances.

I tried this years ago, but I decided it was not a good way to build a long term business so I started selling other things. It is easy to get sucked in - when I found DHGate, I thought I had stumbled onto the best wholesale source on Earth! I had no idea what they were selling was counterfeit.
Old 03-14-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It's a good the the OP retained an attorney. Anyone in similar circumstances should do the same.

I can understand the OP's position. What he did was working for a long time, so why stop? It is a very human decision that ANY of us could have made under the same circumstances.

I tried this years ago, but I decided it was not a good way to build a long term business so I started selling other things. It is easy to get sucked in - when I found DHGate, I thought I had stumbled onto the best wholesale source on Earth! I had no idea what they were selling was counterfeit.
This happened to me also. They entice you by the price and once your sucked in, its hard to leave. Hopefully a good customs lawyer can sort it out. But you definitely want to stop now. I wish you the best of luck, and please update if anything else happens. You've gained my curiosity
Old 03-14-2015

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
They may or may not get through. But if they were seized because they were counterfeit, you could have a problem. If ALL of the packages are seized, that is - from your post - $60k or more worth of merchandise. That is the kind of stuff that gets investigated.

Five years ago, this type of thing was not a big deal. But now it is downright dangerous.

Your best hope is that the rest of the items make it through. Again, that may or may not happen. Not every seizure leads to more packages being seized.
Jeff that's the best concise statement I've heard on here recently. These designer brands and the days of selling $300.00 Jeans are over, at least for now. Another contributing factor is a lot of young attorneys coming out law school aren't finding work, are doing another internship, or are working for next to nothing to prove themselves and hopefully move up the corporate/company ladder. The firm everyone complains about on here are extortion artists and will use every tactic to try and manipulate you or your family to see if they can squeeze any money out of you.
Old 03-14-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of world issues and that blac.k markets will always exist. That's no reason to justify it, especially in our first world countries. Blame it on the countries who tax the sh*t out of their, mostly poor, citizens. When Chinese workers make $200/month and the real iPhone cost them $2,000, I get that creates the blac.k market for Ap.ple and any other company operating the same.

But, these world issues have nothing to do with OP and others in here.
Unfortunately that is the OP's choice to do what they are doing, but I was commenting more on the opinions of the black market that you have.

It's life, get on with it. That's the point I was getting to. People in the UK & US cannot afford 'the real deal' and would be happy with the f@ke.
Old 03-14-2015

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
It's crazy how there are all different departments in different countries enforcing copyright laws and confiscating replicas

But Alibaba which is basically Mass Producing and distributing replicas of every item ever made and Now they are legitimate and are a public Traded Company

How did that ever Happen, every other listing has 1:1 Copy or A1 Quality something along them lines

It's like a Joke, every country is against replicas and they just Legitimized the biggest Replica Manufacturing Company in the World

And what is really funny is that they even have organizations in China going after Replicas , I just don't get it
We're not suppose to get it. It's a horse and pony show in my opinion. You probably have gov't contractor's working with brokers and claim anyone else that's selling X Y or Z is a third-party distributor and Alibaba hereby is not responsible for their actions. I'm sure anything infringing on Intellectual Property or Trademark Infringement is flagged down once someone has come across it. I've noticed a lot of sellers on there will have OEM's for some companies probably make some legit products and fill some orders but just like off-price stores here in the U.S. they'll mix in stuff that isn't real and will continue to get away with it because they generate to much $$$
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by J dub 1984 View Post
Jeff that's the best concise statement I've heard on here recently. These designer brands and the days of selling $300.00 Jeans are over, at least for now. Another contributing factor is a lot of young attorneys coming out law school aren't finding work, are doing another internship, or are working for next to nothing to prove themselves and hopefully move up the corporate/company ladder. The firm everyone complains about on here are extortion artists and will use every tactic to try and manipulate you or your family to see if they can squeeze any money out of you.
Of course, they are a mill. They send out thousands of threats and even if just 10% pay or settle, they have a good business there.

My friend listed her legitimate used set on eBay, because her husband hadn't used it in almost a year. She had her listing removed and received a threatening email from Johnson & Pham demanding $1,000 and a promise that she would never list their client's products again.

She freaked out - she was hysterical, very upset and crying. So I did some research and found that they send tons of emails and letters, but file very few lawsuits. The suits they DO file are usually where they have proof to win a case, like when an undercover buyer purchases a set or when there is a customs seizure.

I told her to not worry about it and ignore the email. They never came after her. I think what they are doing should be illegal. It is one thing to go after sellers where they have proof that counterfeits are being sold, but quite another to scare the hell out of innocent people and try to coerce them into paying them money. As far as I am concerned, that is extortion.

And before anyone says she was probably selling a counterfeit, she was NOT. She purchased the P90X from a TV infomercial for her husband, because he was talking about starting an exercise program. But, like many people with good intentions, he never followed through. They were planning a vacation and she wanted to sell it to have some extra spending money. She didn't deserve to get that email.
Old 03-14-2015

They always look if starting a trial is economically reasonable. A letter with threats will be the only thing you'll get if the sum of dept is a couple of dollars. But it will negatively affect your credit rating though.
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
They always look if starting a trial is economically reasonable. A letter with threats will be the only thing you'll get if the sum of dept is a couple of dollars. But it will negatively affect your credit rating though.
Actually, unless they obtain a judgment that CANNOT report this to the credit bureaus. It would be a clear violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Old 03-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Im not sure if you know how it works here but it can go beyond your credit rating.

You seem to be dimming down the case that the OP has. Its not just 'only' what they can and might do.

The OP needs true legal advice and not how to skirt around selling f@kes at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (03-14-2015)
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Homeland security and FBI, paid me a visit today. Made an offer that I couldn't refuse of hand over all counterfeits and no criminal or civil charges would be filed. I took it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dhunter0294 For This Useful Post:
Callidus (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Homeland security and FBI, paid me a visit today. Made an offer that I couldn't refuse of hand over all counterfeits and no criminal or civil charges would be filed. I took it.
Lucky - be careful moving forward
Old 03-16-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
OMG, is this from customs intercepting overseas goods?
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If FBI would come knocking on my door, I would **** my pants, the carpet, the bed and probably the backseat of FBI car.
****, that would be one of those moments in life where I'd just stand there and then my eyes would roll back and I'd faint, I really would.
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

WOW....that is SCARY to say the least...

Needless to say....you need to watch EVERYTHING that you do as you will be on their radar for a VERY long time....

Your SSN will be on that watch list too...

Homeland security....and the FBI.....WOW
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
That seems odd to me, but CONGRATS, because you lucked out. This could have been a case against you that dragged on for YEARS. Much better to have it end this way.

Just start researching legal stuff to sell and you'll be back selling in no time. There is no shortage of things to sell, it just takes some work to find them. I recommend Terapeak.
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Guess if I get a knock on the door I wont say a word and lawyer up.
If this is true, you should not even be posting on the web on your issue.

Take the hint and STFU.

Stop assuming you are dealing with idiots like Customs etc.

You are opening yourself up for problems.

Take the legal route NOW.