Return Request Issue: Anything That Can Be Done in the Future? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-01-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Exclamation Return Request Issue: Anything That Can Be Done in the Future?

Hey everyone so I offer a "No Returns Accepted" policy on all my listings. This definitely is not the norm, but I have gotten 2 Return Requests so far this month, from different stealth accounts. The buyer's reason is "Defective or Broken", stating the item worked, then it broke. I Personally test every item before shipping, and they are confirmed working. When I receive the item back, it is indeed broken. I clearly include instructions, but apparently people cannot read. The buyer must not be reading the instructions, or is just careless, causing them to break. I have to take a loss on the item. Anything I can do to prevent this? Already updated the instructions and made many things more BOLD and CLEAR. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Return Request Issue: Anything That Can Be Done in the Future?

Does not matter buyer can open return request upto 28 days after that paypal claim you can't stop them
Old 04-03-2017

Longevity: 44%

I too used to be a diehard NO RETURNS EXCEPTED!

However it is comical that eBay even offers this choice to sellers because they certainly will not enforce it! To the contrary they advertise to everyone that no matter what you can return the item for a full refund!

Anyhow a few years ago when eBay told me that in order to keep my top rated power seller status (or whatever they called it back then) I had to offer 90 day returns for the chrismas holiday.

That's when I threw in the towel and just decided to offer a 1 year warranty on everything.

For me it works out great because now even if someone does a charge back PP doesn't penalize me like they used to (Sliding rolling reserve) because I offered to stand behind the product.

Anyhow.... I'm slightly ranting...sorry!

Nope nothing you can do at all but call it "Cost of doing business"

FYI - Are you sure it's your items your getting back and not ones they had and broke and then ordered yours as replacements?

If something like that is the case you are covered by eBays seller protection and they are very easy to open and win.
Old 04-04-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom191 View Post
I too used to be a diehard NO RETURNS EXCEPTED!

However it is comical that eBay even offers this choice to sellers because they certainly will not enforce it! To the contrary they advertise to everyone that no matter what you can return the item for a full refund!

Anyhow a few years ago when eBay told me that in order to keep my top rated power seller status (or whatever they called it back then) I had to offer 90 day returns for the chrismas holiday.

That's when I threw in the towel and just decided to offer a 1 year warranty on everything.

For me it works out great because now even if someone does a charge back PP doesn't penalize me like they used to (Sliding rolling reserve) because I offered to stand behind the product.

Anyhow.... I'm slightly ranting...sorry!

Nope nothing you can do at all but call it "Cost of doing business"

FYI - Are you sure it's your items your getting back and not ones they had and broke and then ordered yours as replacements?

If something like that is the case you are covered by eBays seller protection and they are very easy to open and win.
easy to open and win a case against a buyer, with absolutely zero proof that the buyer sent you back the wrong item? Yeah... ok then.... whatever you say...

And for people that do want a no return policy. It does protect you from buyers remorse returns. If they open one, you can instantly have it closed.
Old 04-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
easy to open and win a case against a buyer, with absolutely zero proof that the buyer sent you back the wrong item? Yeah... ok then.... whatever you say...

And for people that do want a no return policy. It does protect you from buyers remorse returns. If they open one, you can instantly have it closed.
Ummm..... I don't want to sound like a jerk here but if your going to quote someone maybe at lest be intellectually honest and don't take it out of context!

What I said was, "FYI - Are you sure it's your items your getting back and not ones they had and broke and then ordered yours as replacements?

If something like that is the case you are covered by eBays seller protection and they are very easy to open and win."

So the point was "IF SOMETHING LIKE THAT IS THE CASE...."

Meaning (If you read the sentence above) If you know for sure it's not your item!

it's easy to open and win a case against a buyer!

For instance I sell high end CPUS that have serial numbers embedded in them. I take a picture of each one I ship with the shipping label and the picture is in my auction. If a customer ships one back to me on a return request and it's not the same seriel number THEN I KNOW ITS NOT MINE!

In a case like this eBay will not penalize me and I will not have to refund the buyer.

This happens at lest 10 times a year to me and I never lose a case.

As a side note I share my experiences for FREE HERE to help others if I can.

Notice the FREE part?

I'm not paid and get no compensation for my time. If I occasionally say something that is wrong or that you FEEL is wrong please just respectfully indicate that.

It's always nicer just to be nice about things wouldn't you agree.
Old 04-04-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom191 View Post
Ummm..... I don't want to sound like a jerk here but if your going to quote someone maybe at lest be intellectually honest and don't take it out of context!

What I said was, "FYI - Are you sure it's your items your getting back and not ones they had and broke and then ordered yours as replacements?

If something like that is the case you are covered by eBays seller protection and they are very easy to open and win."

So the point was "IF SOMETHING LIKE THAT IS THE CASE...."

Meaning (If you read the sentence above) If you know for sure it's not your item!

it's easy to open and win a case against a buyer!

For instance I sell high end CPUS that have serial numbers embedded in them. I take a picture of each one I ship with the shipping label and the picture is in my auction. If a customer ships one back to me on a return request and it's not the same seriel number THEN I KNOW ITS NOT MINE!

In a case like this eBay will not penalize me and I will not have to refund the buyer.

This happens at lest 10 times a year to me and I never lose a case.

As a side note I share my experiences for FREE HERE to help others if I can.

Notice the FREE part?

I'm not paid and get no compensation for my time. If I occasionally say something that is wrong or that you FEEL is wrong please just respectfully indicate that.

It's always nicer just to be nice about things wouldn't you agree.
if YOU'RE going to quote someone maybe at lest be intellectually honest and don't take it out of context!

My comment has nothing to do with whether or not it "happens to be the case" or not. Or " if you know for sure it's not yours". You can literally lie, every single time, and claim it's not yours.

You stated that it's easy to open and win a case like this. But no. Unless you have proof, like the buyer saying he did it, you will rarely win the case. Ebay isn't in the business of disproving a buyers statement. They don't require pictures. They don't require proof of any kind. The only way you win, is if the buyer slips up and admits fault.

There is literally no reason for ebay to take your word over a buyers. The buyer can just as easily fabricate a picture, just as you.

The buyer can show a picture of the broken item with the wrong serial number, and claim YOU sent him the wrong one. You can show a picture of the broken item with the wrong serial number, and the buyer can claim YOU switched out the items, in order to scam him.

You aren't giving any real proof of you being right, and ebay has no reason to side with you. Not to mention, they WILL refund the buyer. Hell, I just went through this. They made me escalate the case, refunded the buyer, and then gave me a credit. And more than one person I spoke to, said it is not policy to side with a seller on an item not as described case, unless the buyer straight up admits fault. Buyer is always right, unless they are caught in a lie.
Old 04-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
if YOU'RE going to quote someone maybe at lest be intellectually honest and don't take it out of context!

My comment has nothing to do with whether or not it "happens to be the case" or not. Or " if you know for sure it's not yours". You can literally lie, every single time, and claim it's not yours.

You stated that it's easy to open and win a case like this. But no. Unless you have proof, like the buyer saying he did it, you will rarely win the case. Ebay isn't in the business of disproving a buyers statement. They don't require pictures. They don't require proof of any kind. The only way you win, is if the buyer slips up and admits fault.

There is literally no reason for ebay to take your word over a buyers. The buyer can just as easily fabricate a picture, just as you.

The buyer can show a picture of the broken item with the wrong serial number, and claim YOU sent him the wrong one. You can show a picture of the broken item with the wrong serial number, and the buyer can claim YOU switched out the items, in order to scam him.

You aren't giving any real proof of you being right, and ebay has no reason to side with you. Not to mention, they WILL refund the buyer. Hell, I just went through this. They made me escalate the case, refunded the buyer, and then gave me a credit. And more than one person I spoke to, said it is not policy to side with a seller on an item not as described case, unless the buyer straight up admits fault. Buyer is always right, unless they are caught in a lie.
Ok I see your point and I degrees....... you are correct I mis-spoke when I said WIN the case.

For me getting my money back is a win!

What you just explained is the procedure I have to go through as well but I do have to submit the pictures with a written explanation and then the money is credited back to me.

So yes the buyer gets his money from me and I get my money back from eBay seller protection.