Return case on game - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-03-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Return case on game

So I been selling a few video games recently and I haven't had a problem until now with a buyer. As soon as she received it today she open a return request saying it doesnt't work but I tested before I sent and I beat the whole game without a problem. I know it could of got damaged when shipping but I doubt it, I think she trying to beat the game and return sounds like to me... anyways I decided to withdraw last night from my PayPal and only left enough for fees which was a mistake thinking nothing would go wrong now PayPal is negative how long before they withdraw from bank is it when case is closed?
Also how should I respond to this case?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Return case on game

Just accept the return and refund her when you get it back, and move on with your business and your life.

Why is this complicated?

Unless she sends you back a defective game or a brick there's no problem here.
Old 07-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Ya I guess I'm going to have to but I don't have money in my PayPal so I'm going to have to sell something else to get from being negative . Plus I don't have access to address so I think I have to refund and let her keep it.
When I refund it isn't it going to withdraw from bank if I'm negative?

Can I go and buy a vanilla gift card to refund buyer or do I need to try to sell something else quickly?

Last edited by shootemup321; 07-03-2017 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 73%

You transferred the money out to your bank, refund using the bank account as your funding source.

Give her a return address.

This is a part of online sales life, you need to accept it or do something else.

Next time do the right thing, when you do the right thing life is so much simpler.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (07-05-2017)
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
You transferred the money out to your bank, refund using the bank account as your funding source.

Give her a return address.

This is a part of online sales life, you need to accept it or do something else.

Next time do the right thing, when you do the right thing life is so much simpler.
If I refund using bank account it will show name on bank account so how can u offer me that advice. I'm going to get funds by a sale or use a card. Lesson learned to always leave some money in PayPal which I heard this a bunch of times on here just had to learn the hard way.
Old 07-04-2017

hurry and sell a few couple things what i have done in the past . now i just leave 100-200 in account which helps out when you have 70 accounts lol its my 401 k
Old 07-04-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
hurry and sell a few couple things what i have done in the past . now i just leave 100-200 in account which helps out when you have 70 accounts lol its my 401 k
Ya I feel you that's what I'm going to do for now on cause it's a hassle.

Update: I sold an item and refunded the buyer. Hopefully I can get the negative feedback off, buyer said she would remove negative but I think I have to request that.

Last edited by shootemup321; 07-04-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-04-2017

Hate to tell you, but they already got your name when they pulled the account verification deposits back out when the account was confirmed.

Still, in general, it's best not to pull out of the bank, however, you seemed to be having some problem with that, otherwise you'd just have gotten a prepaid card and taken care of it and not asked in the first place.
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 39%
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackshadow007

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootemup321 View Post
Ya I guess I'm going to have to but I don't have money in my PayPal so I'm going to have to sell something else to get from being negative . Plus I don't have access to address so I think I have to refund and let her keep it.
When I refund it isn't it going to withdraw from bank if I'm negative?

Can I go and buy a vanilla gift card to refund buyer or do I need to try to sell something else quickly?
If you do not have Money right now then you can call paypal and make that return happen , Accept the return request in eBay and then call paypal and tell them that you wanna refund your customer and provide them transaction ID and name and amount and they will reverse it immediately but then you will have negative balance , it happened with me before also and i did this and then just uploaded funds via card to solve the negative , Respond to your customers fast and you will have good track in eBay
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 44%

In future, take a video of the disc and case as evidence. Id say there is a fairly high chance of her sending you back a disc that just so happend to of been in the disc drive when the console fell on the side.

The chances of the actual disc being damaged during shipping is low IMO.
Old 07-04-2017

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Hate to tell you, but they already got your name when they pulled the account verification deposits back out when the account was confirmed.

Still, in general, it's best not to pull out of the bank, however, you seemed to be having some problem with that, otherwise you'd just have gotten a prepaid card and taken care of it and not asked in the first place.
I've seen conflicting info with this. Supposedly microdeposits are processed differently, where they are just temporary deposits that are "canceled" as opposed to withdrawn (in which case you would see the name show up). Then again, I've seen posts arguing your side too, so not sure which is true
Old 07-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I do believe Dallis is correct; PP will get the name on the bank acct when the two microdeposits are pulled back when you verify. It's their way of checking to see if the account is A) valid/exists, B) the account holder has access to the acct in question, and C) that the account holder is valid.

You may not be limited right away after adding a bank and confirming it if it's NOT in your name. In any case, I would strongly suspect that PP will look at that acct differently if a name mismatch is discovered than if it does match.
Old 07-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I do believe Dallis is correct; PP will get the name on the bank acct when the two microdeposits are pulled back when you verify. It's their way of checking to see if the account is A) valid/exists, B) the account holder has access to the acct in question, and C) that the account holder is valid.

You may not be limited right away after adding a bank and confirming it if it's NOT in your name. In any case, I would strongly suspect that PP will look at that acct differently if a name mismatch is discovered than if it does match.
But would this not imply that the thousands of stealthers who create their accounts this way would be exposing their accounts to significant risk? And yet, it continues to be the main method of operating.
Old 07-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Either:

The "PayPal knows your name" thing is a myth.

OR

PayPal doesn't care if previously banned users use their services.

Because I and most other stealthers use the microdeposits to verify our accounts.

I don't know which is true, but I've long known that eBay is very lax on stealth accounts.
Old 07-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Just an update sent buyer a feedback revision request after giving refund and letting her keep the game she said she would revise feedback before I was able to send refund. After I sent request and sent her message telling her I sent one she's like I already revised the feedback and I go an look nope she didn't as she can't without my request. then I ask her to look in her messages for the request. Then she says she don't see it. I replied it has to be in yours messages, then she says sorry I delete my messages after I'm done. I'm like wtf so I found out she will get a reminder after 7 days in new message and told look out for it, she said will do nope request expired she was just playing stupid the whole time. It's all good though I can live with the negative cause I'm not calling in.
Old 07-15-2017
Threadstarter  

I believe no one on here actually knows the truth about confirming bank if it does show name as everyone on here goes back and forth about it. Also I think GOA is right as a lot more accounts would be going down if that was the case. I believe they do not see the name either way you confirm your bank...
Old 07-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

As I said, either they don't see it, or they do and they don't care.

If you aren't willing to call in to get the feedback removed, you deserve to keep it. This nonsense about being scared of some rep getting paid 9 dollars an hour is just childish. It's eBay, not the IRS.
Old 07-15-2017

Yeah, you should call it in, I don't know why you wouldn't
Old 07-15-2017
Threadstarter  

I'm not scared lol I'm just not trying to risk getting my account limited over a feedback. Every time I call about anything I get asked account questions so u must know a way to avoid those questions or something.
Old 07-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootemup321 View Post
I'm not scared lol I'm just not trying to risk getting my account limited over a feedback. Every time I call about anything I get asked account questions so u must know a way to avoid those questions or something.
Yeah I get asked "account questions" like my eBay user ID, name on the account....sometimes the address or phone #. Not hard to answer those...have your registration info pulled up when you call. Don't act like a coke addict and stutter.
Old 07-15-2017

Yea, I think you're confusing the type of questions you'll get asked.

If you're trying to raise your selling limits, they'll occasionally ask you public records questions.

But if you're just calling re: a general CS issue, they dont ask anything like that. eBay will ask for your zip code when you call in, and the CS rep will ask for the name on the account. That's it.. any other questions will be related to the item itself
Old 07-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Exactly.

Aside from that, even when you DO call for an account limit increase, and IF (and thats an IF, they don't always ask database questions for limit increases, that's a myth) they ask database questions, it's ridiculously easy to get the limits increased even without answering them. (Because they never ask them, as there's no person in existence to ask the questions about!)