Unauthorized use of your account -- action required - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-07-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Unauthorized use of your account -- action required

I bought an account a while ago from a seller on here but I didn't make any changes on the account such as changing my password or the username my question is do you think guys the seller can track my selling activity after I purchased the account from him because that message I received from eBay it makes me think though

Hello ****
We have reason to believe that your eBay account has been used fraudulently without your permission. We’ve reset your eBay password. If you had your PayPal account linked to your eBay account, we've disabled your PayPal link to protect your funds. Any unauthorized activity, such as buying or selling, has been canceled and any associated fees have been credited to your account. Any listings that we removed are included toward the end of this email. We assure you that your financial information is securely stored on a server and cannot be seen by anyone.

Although we’ve taken steps to secure your eBay account, your personal email account or third-party listing tools may have also been accessed without your permission. Please change these passwords as soon as possible.

Once you’ve secured your personal email account and third-party listing tools, please change your eBay password, and reset your PayPal link (if applicable):

1. Select the*"Sign in" link at the top of the eBay home page.
2. Select*the "Forgot your password" link.
3. Enter your email or username, and then select the "Next" button.
4. Follow the instructions to change your password.
5. To relink your PayPal account (if desired), go to "My eBay" and click the "Account" tab.
6. Click the "PayPal Account" link on the left-hand side of the page.
7. Click the "Link My PayPal Account" button.
8. Log into PayPal to finish linking your accounts.

If you are an active seller and use PayPal to pay your fees, it's important that you reset your PayPal link before your next billing cycle to avoid any further disruption.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Unauthorized use of your account -- action required

You need to get in touch with your seller for some guidance, why not
Old 07-07-2017

Longevity: 44%

The reason you received that message was because eBay thinks you are logging into an account which is not yours, and that is technically true. If the account seller never transferred over the proxy/VPN or at least the browser cookies you will run into that issue. As you are now the account owner its not hard to fix that issue.

Anyway, as for the account seller tracking what you are selling I mean of course. You have not changed the username so he could technically just check your feedback or active listings right?

This thread is very confusing, you're talking about IF the seller can see what you're selling but the thread title and second half is discussing the account security lock? What exactly are you trying to ask here?
Old 07-07-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

This usually happens when you purchase a brand new VPN subscription and use it on your newly purchased account.
Due to the ISP changing, and also because you don't have the browsing cookies to go with it, eBay think the account has been taken over.

Usual countermeasure would be to browse eBay for a few days (without logging in), building history, then log in.

Either way, you should be able to recover from any limitation as technically you are the owner of the account now.
Old 07-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I've purchased from sellers here who include the portable Firefox used to create the account so I get the account's cookies, and I've also purchased from sellers who don't include any type of browser or cookies with their accounts. I've never had or seen this particular problem before. There have been a few instances where eBay requests that I call in after listing my first item and I suspect those requests are caused by the account switching the IP it logs in from (I've never had a seller include a proxy or VPN with an account, but I know some do).

Since you're getting a different message than any I've seen before for similar account activity, I believe someone else is messing with your account. I could be wrong but it certainly sounds like that is what happened. It doesn't necessarily have to be the person who sold you the account because you could have been phished.

Always change your passwords on purchased stealth accounts within like 2 months of purchasing the account. Don't do it right after you buy the account and change your login IP because that would make it obvious that the account has changed hands. Always change your passwords though. You don't want anyone other than yourself accessing your account and your money. There was an account seller in the past who used this tactic to steal money from customers they sold stealth accounts to, and I have no doubt there are current account sellers who check to see if account passwords have been changed from time to time.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 07-07-2017 at 02:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-02-2017)