Will I lose my Ebay account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-18-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Will I lose my Ebay account?

On the day my listing for Apple charging cables got pulled down, 30 sales were cancelled by Ebay (I couldn't print shipping labels, issue invoices or view anything related to these 30 sales). I called Ebay customer service and asked why is that and the employee told me exactly this:

"Due to a report from Markmonitor that the listing was for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Apple charging cables, Ebay cancelled all the 30 sales of today and you are not allowed to ship the cables because the sales are not valid anymore".

So I was kinda stuck and decided to refund my customers as I understood that shipping that same day would get me in more trouble with Ebay. So I go to my Paypal account and issue refunds (Issuing a refund through Ebay was not possible, all what I got from Ebay is a red warning that the listing got pulled down).

Two days later I get surprised that my Ebay statistics have substantially changed (on Ebay.de there is something called Mängelquote, which is a quote of how many of your orders got cancelled either because you ran out of stock or because of unsolved cases with customers that ended up being closed to the benefit of the customer).

Before my listing got pulled down, my Mängelquote was below 0,5 % (which is a requirement for top rated seller status), after my listing got taken down and the orders of that same day got cancelled (and the money refunded to customers through my Paypal account), my quote went up to 1,75 %.

Now here is how this quote is broken down on Ebay.de:

If your quote is below 0,5 % (You are Top-Rated seller)

If your quote is between 0,5 - 2,0 % (You are outstanding or above-average)

If your quote is more than 2,0 % (You are below-average)

Now being below average for more than 90 days could bring a lot of harm to your Ebay account as far as I understood.

After all of that mess I wrote an e-mail to Ebay and explained the situation hoping they will modify my quote manually. The reply I got from them is:

"Even though the listing got pulled down, the sales were still valid and you should have shipped them. If you couldn't print out shipping labels through Ebay, you should have done so through Paypal. And the fact that you couldn't mark the sales as shipped on Ebay should have made you file a technical complaint with us".

I was like WTF is wrong with you, your 1st employee told me I am not allowed to ship and now you're telling me I should have shipped!! It was clearly a mistake on your side because you are the one who caused all the confusion.

I kept calling for a few days and finally got to an employee who understood what happened and decided to edit the new quote manually and get it back to what it was, I was so f**cking happy that this was happening. We got off the phone and I was told it will take around 24-48 hours till I see the new quote in my ebay account.

2 days later... nothing changed!! I call up again and they say the head of the department reversed that employee's decision!!!

I decided to give up on this matter because I have already made like 12 phone calls and sent around 10 e-mails back and forth.

I have not been selling on my Ebay account since the listing got pulled down. My Ebay account has the following limits:

10.000 items
152.500,00 €

Will not using these limits and abandoning my account for another 2 months get me suspended?

Will my selling limits be reversed if I don't use up the current ones?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2017

Longevity: 38%
Default Re: Will I lose my Ebay account?

Why are you not going to sell on the account now? Find something else and continue selling...get you numbers back up to where they were.

Something NOT PHAKE!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
Gladiator (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Only read part of your post - but if anything like this happens to you in the future, SHIP THOSE ORDERS.

You lose all order details in eBay but all of the order details were still there in Paypal when you refunded the customers. Instead of refunding all those orders you should have printed shipping labels and uploaded the tracking numbers to Paypal. Then you wouldn't have all of these cancellation/late shipment defects in your eBay account.

Abandoning your account and ceasing all sales would probably hurt your statistics more than help them. You can feasibly get your account back to "above standard" by padding your account with thousands of sales.
Old 11-18-2017

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Then you wouldn't have all of these cancellation/late shipment defects in your eBay account.
And a ton of refunds for Paypal to wonder about.
Old 11-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

did you not end up shipping those items? If you did not ship then the account is toast anyway due to cases piling up....

if you want to save the account, you need to find a way of shipping, can you read the address, hand write them and ship
Old 11-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
did you not end up shipping those items? If you did not ship then the account is toast anyway due to cases piling up....

if you want to save the account, you need to find a way of shipping, can you read the address, hand write them and ship

As the Ebay employee told me at the first instance that I am not allowed to ship, I thought shipping might get me in a bigger trouble with Ebay.