eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   After 15 years, eBay plans to cut off PayPal as its main payments processor (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/114991-after-15-years-ebay-plans-cut-off-paypal-its-main-payments-processor.html)

Gladiator 02-04-2018 02:40 AM

Re: After 15 years, eBay plans to cut off PayPal as its main payments processor

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 899216)
Gotcha.
The Trump attitude lol.
Plenty of goods in the Far East that US sellers do NOT have access to that are being sold on ebay by sellers in countries other than the US.
Guess we will have to agree to disagree on that.

It must be very sad experience to interject Trump into everything. For the record, I don’t support either side and find most politicians to be dirt bags and have an ideology independently of the joke of a two party system.

I see nothing wrong with being honest about where you are shipping from. I’ve bought off many Chinese and other foreign vendors without hesitation. I do get annoyed when I buy a US product that turned out to be a drop shipped vendor who takes just as long and cost more than the honest foreign vendor. Just sell your items truthfully.

If some of you would have read my prior posts given I’ve dealt with this company for years, I stated very clearly PayPal would never fully go away as they will be unable to integrate in many countries - just as Etsy has found.

slokor 02-04-2018 03:41 AM

My apologies if I offended you - it was a joke and apparently in poor taste.
And I hope that last line of yours is true - Im a big believer in equal opportunities to everybody myself. Then again Im probably biased since Im a seller of accounts myself.

glacier922 02-04-2018 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 899149)
If it’s fully integrated it will be deposited with the rest of the payments. If it’s like how early Etsy payments and their option to split is, the payment will still go to your PayPal account if you choose this.

yea, hope that option of depositing to paypal acct still available. Let's just say we all have our tricks with paypal that we love to keep.

quizmaniac 02-04-2018 09:46 AM

Having had no dealings with Adyen or the way it integrates with etsy i hope gladiator is right as he appears to be the one with the experience :).

Hercules 02-04-2018 06:27 PM

Ebay wants it just like Amazon. Credit cards only. How many chargebacks can you get away with? CC companies now can see ALL charges on cards on any card they have under your name/address within Visa or Mastercard etc.

Gladiator 02-04-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 899253)
My apologies if I offended you - it was a joke and apparently in poor taste.
And I hope that last line of yours is true - Im a big believer in equal opportunities to everybody myself. Then again Im probably biased since Im a seller of accounts myself.

Daw. No worries. I appreciate the clarification. :yar:

But yeah it’s like that on both platforms I’ve dealt with it,

corleone 02-05-2018 02:59 PM

I've been gone (from this community) for years, my comfy stealth routine of the last 10 years disrupted by this rude email from ebay.

Looks like I'm back, time to learn the new routine, my livelihood depends on it.

glacier922 02-05-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corleone (Post 899471)
I've been gone (from this community) for years, my comfy stealth routine of the last 10 years disrupted by this rude email from ebay.

Looks like I'm back, time to learn the new routine, my livelihood depends on it.

Holy sh*t! A blast from the past!

wader 02-05-2018 06:21 PM

Hello
I do not usually speak in the forum
But what I think will happen
It is that ebay is going to set limits just like it has done paypal all these years
When the limits are exceeded
They will ask for documents
It will be something similar to paypal
But this time managed by ebay ~ adyen
The problem is that adyen is a credit institution in some countries

eman350 02-06-2018 07:46 PM

Everything is goin be ok guys. You can still use paypal now for atleast another 2 years before the big change.

Datx335 02-07-2018 11:50 AM

I would honestly rather have thieves whose practices I am familiar with than theives who I have had no circumstances with.

phaz0rz 02-07-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datx335 (Post 899893)
I would honestly rather have thieves whose practices I am familiar with than theives who I have had no circumstances with.

#metoo

I'm just getting used to PP. :coffee:

ernest2449 02-07-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Datx335 (Post 899893)

I second that!

secret storm 02-07-2018 05:20 PM

You can pay using PayPal through Adyen right now like I am doing on Etsy.

If that process was not compatible with PayPal and Adyen in 2023 when eBay plans to no longer use PayPal anymore that might be the end of Stealth accounts but I doubt eBay, Adyen, and PayPal would not allow that because they would be costing them selves potentially hundreds of millions annually.

However if Adyen forces you in the future to give SSN or Tax ID on every Ayden account to even transact 1 tiny small transaction than that would probably be the end of Stealth accounts like the Marketplace Fairness Act.

wader 02-07-2018 05:44 PM

yes
you're right
But in my opinion
they will put limits of sale
and when exceeding those limits
pefiran whatever they want
how does paypal work today

eman350 02-08-2018 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret storm (Post 899937)
You can pay using PayPal through Adyen right now like I am doing on Etsy.

If that process was not compatible with PayPal and Adyen in 2023 when eBay plans to no longer use PayPal anymore that might be the end of Stealth accounts but I doubt eBay, Adyen, and PayPal would not allow that because they would be costing them selves potentially hundreds of millions annually.

However if Adyen forces you in the future to give SSN or Tax ID on every Ayden account to even transact 1 tiny small transaction than that would probably be the end of Stealth accounts like the Marketplace Fairness Act.

If Aiden starts asking for Social Security numbers they will lose a lot of eBay sellers. I doubt they do that, unless you make a lot of sales.

ernest2449 02-08-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman350 (Post 900015)
If Aiden starts asking for Social Security numbers they will lose a lot of eBay sellers. I doubt they do that, unless you make a lot of sales.

I actually agree. The avg joe selling stuff around his house doesn't want to go the trouble of supplying his SSN. I think eBay's risk from scaring off a ton of just regular sellers outweighs their worrying about stopping stealth. It will probably be similar to current limits (200/$20,000) before asking for SSN.

phaz0rz 02-08-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernest2449 (Post 900048)
I actually agree. The avg joe selling stuff around his house doesn't want to go the trouble of supplying his SSN. I think eBay's risk from scaring off a ton of just regular sellers outweighs their worrying about stopping stealth. It will probably be similar to current limits (200/$20,000) before asking for SSN.

In my opinion the only people who are going to hesitate to give their SSN when/if asked would be stealthers. The "average American" is so used to giving out their SSN that many people will tell you their SSN over the phone if you sound official enough. (I'm not saying that I phish SSN's)

I also believe stealth account sellers make up a significant portion of eBay's overall sales/revenue, eBay is fully aware of stealth accounts, and they're in no hurry to get rid of them. I feel like the 200/$20k threshold will be used (since that's the law) with additional info being requested at higher sales thresholds. Let's hope...

havenlg 02-10-2018 08:23 AM

yes i saw this i cant believe finally they are moving away, just as i started to figure out the PP side of things

richie2065 02-16-2018 05:19 PM

2023 was mentioned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 898465)
I think if they did that, ebay sales would plummet.

I can see Paypal being phased out slowly over many years.

dallis 02-16-2018 07:12 PM

We're a long way from 2023. Things might change several times between now and then. PP might also become more accommodating as they get closer to the deadline.

All this is wasted time and energy until we get closer.

nickopedia 02-17-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 901878)
We're a long way from 2023. Things might change several times between now and then. PP might also become more accommodating as they get closer to the deadline.

All this is wasted time and energy until we get closer.

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Also this:
eBay accounted for more than 30 percent of PayPal’s revenue and more than 50 percent of its profits, the combined company said at the time.

PayPal shareholders are going to turn up the pressure to increase transaction volume to make up for the potential loss.

If PayPal makes it too difficult to do business with, there are other ways to pay.