Abandoning Ebay - Stress Levels not worth it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-24-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Abandoning Ebay - Stress Levels not worth it?

well, that is not entirely true, but kind of taken down absolutely all my listings, just one small account running, stealth, planning to open up a semi-stealth ( my details, but new address ( business ), IP and number etc. ) and then abandon the last stealth and go "legit" but at an extremely lower pace, mainly just to spam customers within their packages with my own website.

Found that the levels of stress and pain involved with "lost packages" even a lot of them fully tracked, geezas, people claiming not received just to get freebies, people not understanding what they are purchasing and Ebay just taking down listings/accounts ( inviting buyers to open cases and automatically getting their money back ) and PayPal blocking thousands of pounds, but E-bay still wanting their fees is not worth it as it did take a toll on my mental health, during one period, I was having nightmares regards Ebay and Paypal.
Just hoping that in June I will be able to get my hands on the money that has been blocked a few months ago, would make a nice holiday lol.

I was not a big seller, made profit 3500-5000 a month, to be honest, got a job recently, obviously, I am not getting paid 5k lol, but I am still within a professional level, so can't complain.
I am already feeling a lot better, still dealing with queries from the accounts, but the fact that I won't have any NEW ONES, to be honest, has made my days in the last few weeks.

I guess this thread is about how much stress can stealth or not even stealth cause and how did you guys deal with it?

Last edited by andi_bandi; 02-24-2018 at 07:22 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-24-2018

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Abandoning Ebay - Stress Levels not worth it?

Amen, thinking of doing the same.
Old 02-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

it can be product-related.

For various and different reasons, some products are virtually hassle free, and some are a nightmare.

I felt the same when I had large or difficult to pack and ship or open to taste and change of mind items, I ditched them, I just now go for almost a passive amazon and ebay income line and like you have other job interests.....I now have so many varied work opportunities coming in that I can pick and choose the best and drop anything that does not work out...
aspkin (02-26-2018)
Old 02-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Good luck to those transitioning off of Net sales
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
dachilla (02-25-2018), Lucynda (02-26-2018), Mygadgets (02-24-2018), nerdydood (03-09-2018), yankee (02-24-2018), Yasav (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

I deal with it as it pays the bills and buys me cool stuff. I’ve thought about chucking it but I don’t want to work for anyone and I make more money sitting on my butt at home in my pajamas than I ever could at a regular job, this includes high end professionals. Outside of selling my soul and being a hedge funder I’m good with my current situation.

Sure it’s stressful but I can be at home with my cats and watch movies while making my products and managing my shops. For a very laid back introvert I couldn’t really ask for better. You just have to weigh the pros and cons of being at home vs working out in the public.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
applebaum (03-09-2018), ascend_18 (02-26-2018), aspkin (02-26-2018), dachilla (02-25-2018), Lucynda (02-26-2018), MikeChi85 (02-26-2018), phaz0rz (02-24-2018), strive247 (03-14-2018), Yasav (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018
Threadstarter  

I was also extremely worried all the time that police would bang on my door because I used stealth accounts and ebay automatically started approving returns as soon as they got requested for reasons like " I did not like the product" and thinking that those got to whatever address who'd investigate what is going on.

Are you guys not worried about the whole stealth thing?
Old 02-24-2018

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi_bandi View Post
I was also extremely worried all the time that police would bang on my door because I used stealth accounts and ebay automatically started approving returns as soon as they got requested for reasons like " I did not like the product" and thinking that those got to whatever address who'd investigate what is going on.

I would be worried if I was in UK. And the reason is that UK takes all EB activities EXTREMELY seriously, according to many cases that I came across of.
Old 02-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasav View Post
I would be worried if I was in UK. And the reason is that UK takes all EB activities EXTREMELY seriously, according to many cases that I came across of.
Why would police show up at your door for several returns though The only case I found so far is for a guy that made millions of selling foo foo clothing and bought some Mercedes, Ferrari and huge house...
Old 02-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignatov View Post
Why would police show up at your door for several returns though The only case I found so far is for a guy that made millions of selling foo foo clothing and bought some Mercedes, Ferrari and huge house...
Those are just cases that were publicized, as they involved high amount of sales. They are dozens of other cases related to EB which didn't involve high sales and were still severely prosecuted in the UK. If I were to do EB business in the UK, I would definitely make sure that my merch is 100% legit, otherwise things could get very very nasty.
Old 02-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:

If you are this worried about Stealth, I agree....you should stop using stealth, close your doors and put on a tin foil hat.
Old 02-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignatov View Post
I am sure it is not quite OK to impersonate someone who either exists or not to sell stuff, I thought, OK chances are low to anything really happen, but then Ebay started approving returns automatically and issuing labels to the stealth addresses, now if stuff would show up at your door and you'd see it's ebay stuff returned, would you not contact e-bay to try and find out what on earth is happening and why is someone else using your address and who knows what else and what they might be selling that might cause you trouble down the road? Some people might even go to the police.
I was OK with it and not scared UNTIL ebay decided to approve returns instantly.
Old 02-24-2018

Quote:
I am sure it is not quite OK to impersonate someone who either exists or not to sell stuff, I thought, OK chances are low to anything really happen, but then Ebay started approving returns automatically and issuing labels to the stealth addresses, now if stuff would show up at your door and you'd see it's ebay stuff returned, would you not contact e-bay to try and find out what on earth is happening and why is someone else using your address and who knows what else and what they might be selling that might cause you trouble down the road? Some people might even go to the police.
I was OK with it and not scared UNTIL ebay decided to approve returns instantly.
Lost 3 accts because a seller here sold me acct with a persons real name, got 3 returns and raised heck with ebay
Old 02-24-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name online isn't illegal. There's already been cases on this in the US, the one I know right off was the lady who impersonated a girl on Myspace to bully a child which later committed suicide. It was the fact she used the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ profile to harm was the crime, that and the cyber-bullying. People in your offline life can freely give ⊗⊗⊗⊗ numbers, names, etc. In fact, except for filling out official forms, you can go by whatever name you want.

In terms of being online, if you're using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info to gain something or acting unethically that's the grey area. That's why, despite being ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names, you should pay your fees and the like even if you get banned. Act like you would under your real info and you should never have a concern.

In your case, don't use real addresses of people. It isn't that hard to use a post office box.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
dachilla (02-25-2018), MikeChi85 (02-26-2018)
Old 02-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Yes, I've paid all my e-bay fees, even though they suspended my accounts and paypal accounts then limited and I had to scrape for 3k in fees one month =))
I've bought accounts and they all seem to have real people's addresses, might be a requirement here in the UK? The names seemed bogus though, so at least that.
Not that worried about the name, more about the address.
Old 02-24-2018

I think about it all the time, but in my area and with a lack of education or training I would be making a whole lot less money. PLus I have this problem following other peoples schedules. I hate it. I want to wake up when I feel like it and go to sleep when I feel like it, exc. Last year I decided to start working toward a life without relying on online sales, "real estate investments, exc." Those will be stressful too but at least I can get away from my desk.
Old 02-24-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

eBay is amazing, you just need to be smarter than everyone else.
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 02-26-2018

Longevity: 73%

Some of the search changes and payment changes coming down the pike may well make selling on EB not worthwhile any more, we'll see.
Old 02-26-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Some of the search changes and payment changes coming down the pike may well make selling on EB not worthwhile any more, we'll see.
Transitioning away from PP might have some good effects as well
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Transitioning away from PP might have some good effects as well
That's what I've been thinking. I've read articles that say eBay isn't happy with PayPal's activities. Didn't eBay own PayPal at one point?
Old 02-26-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
That's what I've been thinking. I've read articles that say eBay isn't happy with PayPal's activities. Didn't eBay own PayPal at one point?
Well borh of them can stress you the "f" out!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kajunrook For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (02-28-2018)
Old 02-26-2018

Maybe a newbie question, but when EB moves to amazon-like payment system, wouldn't it mean that all stealth accounts are good until SSN is requested?
Old 02-26-2018

Longevity: 48%

I found that spreading my stealth accounts out pretty much removed the stress from ebay/PayPal almost completely.. I no longer wake up worried about any single email about a return, refund, held money, suspended ebay or limited PayPal account.. There is no one ebay account that can hurt me and there is never enough money in any one PayPal account that I can't afford to wait 180 days for if it came to that. It would only represent 10- 20% of my business instead of half or worse everything I have like my pre stealth days when it was just my account and maybe a family members account.
Proper Stealth Spread Out = No Stress IMHO
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Payelectronica For This Useful Post:
applebaum (03-09-2018), dachilla (03-05-2018), Elliot (02-28-2018), tjacks305 (02-27-2018)