Violation because of Ebay messaging system? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-24-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Violation because of Ebay messaging system?

So a buyer claimed the article he got was defect after a while. I sent him a replacement and offered 50% refund to avoid a potential negative feedback.

Anyway, after I sent him the 50% refund through Paypal (family and friends), I wanted to write him a message through ebay and said the following:

The 50% refund has been sent to your e-mail address xxx@gmail.com

The message couldn't be sent and I got a message saying the message can't be sent because it contains contact info and that future attempts to send such messages could lead to suspension

Is that considered a black point on the account's record now? What are your thoughts on this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2018

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Violation because of Ebay messaging system?

Well, it's definitely not good...

EB's gotten really testy about this. People are getting suspended for it even if it's innocent.

Don't do it any more. Don't try to get around it, just don't do it at all.
Old 03-25-2018

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
So a buyer claimed the article he got was defect after a while. I sent him a replacement and offered 50% refund to avoid a potential negative feedback.

Anyway, after I sent him the 50% refund through Paypal (family and friends), I wanted to write him a message through ebay and said the following:

The 50% refund has been sent to your e-mail address xxx@gmail.com

The message couldn't be sent and I got a message saying the message can't be sent because it contains contact info and that future attempts to send such messages could lead to suspension

Is that considered a black point on the account's record now? What are your thoughts on this?
A tip ...

If you ever want to include an email adress or phone number as reply to any eb message send this message as a reply through your email account and not through ebay message center.
Old 03-25-2018

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post

EB's gotten really testy about this. People are getting suspended for it even if it's innocent.

No sh*t. This is the truth. I got a 1 week suspension just for responding to a person that left his # in the message. If i see a phone number or email in a message i just use it from my phone or personal email and immediately delete the message on ebay without opening it.

I usually will read the email from my gmail....but i wont even attempt to open an email with contact information in it anymore. Just an idea on what was said in the message for the suspension.

A customer left me his personal phone number in the message. I literally responded with "Ill contact you later" = 1 week suspension. Luckily this was a new account and I literally just abandoned it after that.
Old 03-25-2018

Longevity: 38%

I gave my email address out one day last week for a return label. They didn't say anything about it...
Old 03-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
I gave my email address out one day last week for a return label. They didn't say anything about it...

Through the Ebay messaging system?
Old 03-25-2018

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Im pretty sure once you make a sale you can exchange contact information but not before.
Old 03-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRock View Post
Im pretty sure once you make a sale you can exchange contact information but not before.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/m...policy?id=4262
Old 03-25-2018

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Through the Ebay messaging system?

Yeah.

Back in the day, I remember the messages not sending if they contained an email address... so I'd get creative with the layout of letters.

I would never do it on my selling account, though. They are cracking down on that.
Old 03-31-2018

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post

lol I've had people send me email addresses, addresses, phone numbers or all the above. Multiple times. I used to send my email address a lot. I've received that warning MANY DOZENS OF TIMES.
Old 03-31-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
lol I've had people send me email addresses, addresses, phone numbers or all the above. Multiple times. I used to send my email address a lot. I've received that warning MANY DOZENS OF TIMES.

That also was the case with me for many months. The other day I got this warning message though, that in the case of repeated attempts to included contact info, the account will get restricted.