Buyer return to steal account address and people live there ⊗⊗⊗⊗ the name and sign - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-31-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Buyer return to steal account address and people live there ⊗⊗⊗⊗ the name and sign

I have an eBay case that buyer want to return by saying item is not authentic. After I provide all proof that store and online customer service all proved authentic, eBay still judged in buyer’s favor. Of course, no surprise, right? My return address was not shown in the case when buyer open the request. Ebay probably send buyer a return label with my name but wrong address on it. Person live at that address signed the package with a random name (not my name, not his real name). I have called their apartment management building and there is no such person live there as he told USPS.

What shall I do next? I have sent him a mail asked him to send item to me or return to shipper before I know he used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name to sign the package. Now I don’t think he will respond to my letter if he used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name to sign for the package.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Buyer return to steal account address and people live there ⊗⊗⊗⊗ the name and sig

Sorry for the typo, buyer return to stealth account address.
Old 03-31-2018

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Buyer return to steal account address and people live there ⊗⊗⊗⊗ the name and sig

I'm very sorry this happened to you, but here's the end result: you're sc**wed.

Using somebody else's address is felony mail fraud unless you have their permission to do so. You can check the postal regs if you doubt it. Last thing you want to do is bring attention to that.

You should have accepted the return and sent a return label. Now you're out the money and the item both. Being stubborn in these cases is cutting off your nose to spite your face. It never turns out well.
Old 03-31-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Signing for other people's package using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name is allowed? Not sure if police report will help. Any suggestions?

Package is correctly addressed to my name but wrong address. The apt building change tenants all the time.
Old 03-31-2018

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendychen2000us View Post
Signing for other people's package using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name is allowed? Not sure if police report will help. Any suggestions?

Package is correctly addressed to my name but wrong address. The apt building change tenants all the time.

That happens all the time. The way it works at apartment complexes is that main desk signs for all the packages. They don't come to your door; you just pick the packages yourself at front office.
Old 03-31-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasav View Post
That happens all the time. The way it works at apartment complexes is that main desk signs for all the packages. They don't come to your door; you just pick the packages yourself at front office.
I talked to the office and the office said they did not sign for the package and the name he used is also not somebody works there.

If this is low value item, I would let it go. But this is pretty valuable item, it might even worth to fly there.
Old 03-31-2018

Longevity: 36%

Who's the carrier? Call them up, ask them where did they deliver the package.
Old 03-31-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

It is USPS I don't know if they will really knock the door to ask for package back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasav View Post
Who's the carrier? Call them up, ask them where did they deliver the package.
Old 04-01-2018

Longevity: 35%

This is a kind of risk using stealth accounts ...
You have to live with that ...
What do you expect ? ⊗⊗⊗⊗'s adress guy to return you back the item ?
Postpone it and go ahead ...
Old 04-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, what category of item sold?
Old 04-01-2018

Longevity: 53%

LOL same thing happened to me except the account sold to me by forum seller had the guys real name and address he messaged me and returned 2 items to me worth $100 each, LOL BUT I lost the account (permanent ban) so I would have rather he kept the item and not messaged me that packages keep showing up there. The way to fix this is to NOT LET EBAY ship return label, I forget exactly where it is but all my accounts have it checkmarked that I will provide label. Problem solved.
Old 04-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I would've kept the item too if my address was being used by some random ecommerce seller. Who's really being unethical?
Old 04-02-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Will you ⊗⊗⊗⊗ a name and sign for a package which has totally different person's name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I would've kept the item too if my address was being used by some random ecommerce seller. Who's really being unethical?
Old 04-02-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

We have package shows up at our door for different persons name or neighbor's address. We either put "wrong address" on the package for USPS to return to shipper or bring to neighbor's house and told them carrier accidentally drop to our place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Old 04-02-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I expect he refused the package since it has other person's name and return to shipper. This is what we did for all package sent to us by mistake.
Probably I should not expect people are all like us, but I never thought people would not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greakf3eak View Post
This is a kind of risk using stealth accounts ...
You have to live with that ...
What do you expect ? ⊗⊗⊗⊗'s adress guy to return you back the item ?
Postpone it and go ahead ...
Old 04-02-2018

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendychen2000us View Post
I expect he refused the package since it has other person's name and return to shipper. This is what we did for all package sent to us by mistake.
Probably I should not expect people are all like us, but I never thought people would not.
You can't know under what circumstances signed and picked up .
(Too many people inda house , too many appartments in this adress , an indeed fraudelent action or an angry guy about this continuous situation and so many other excuses)
The only way to avoid this stress is :
Use a real adress or deal with that.
Or as someone above mentioned before do not allow ebay to issue return labels.
Handle it BEFORE ebay ...
Old 04-02-2018

Longevity: 44%

Item has gone im afraid, its the risk you take if you use a stealth address you dont have access to. I sort returns or just issues out by emailing them through paypal and sorting something out and its surprisingly successful.
you mentioned getting the police involved and getting a report because they signed with a wrong name i hope your not being serious? !!

Last edited by quizmaniac; 04-02-2018 at 04:47 AM.
Old 04-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Well eBay don't care who signed for it as long as it says delivered you have to issue refund

You been using their address and you expecting from them to give you your parcel? They may give you but also take matter to police
Old 04-02-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

This is actually a very specific unit number on the address. So it would be very easy to identify I think.

Totally understand. eBay always let buyer to return no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greakf3eak View Post
You can't know under what circumstances signed and picked up .
(Too many people inda house , too many appartments in this adress , an indeed fraudelent action or an angry guy about this continuous situation and so many other excuses)
The only way to avoid this stress is :
Use a real adress or deal with that.
Or as someone above mentioned before do not allow ebay to issue return labels.
Handle it BEFORE ebay ...
Old 04-02-2018

i just forwarded stealth addy to my real . I do this when setting up account . then if ever a return it still comes bak to me ..
Old 04-02-2018

You can’t forward from an address that isn’t yours.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (04-03-2018)
Old 04-02-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

If use postal office forwarding service, they will send a letter to the stealth address to confirm first, right? How do you get that letter?

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
i just forwarded stealth addy to my real . I do this when setting up account . then if ever a return it still comes bak to me ..