I want to get this SOB suspended on eBay, how? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default I want to get this SOB suspended on eBay, how?

Mods, please move this thread if you deem necessary.

Hey guys, haven't been on here in a while because everything is working great with the account I purchased on the marketplace. Sky high limits, great sales, few bad buyers, etc.

However, in the last couple months, this tool has dug into my hide like a tick and stayed there, and it's getting worse and worse. I literally think this a-hole has someone on the inside in eBay protecting him.

Never mind all the details, but he has like 4 different accounts, all with the same info, according to one CS rep who let that slip.

So this is some of what happened. He started copying what I sell (and buy) about a year ago or so, but has gotten more and more aggressive as time goes by. He started by copying elements from my title. Now he is copying stuff from my description. He lists used items as NEW and puts NEW in the title to manipulate best match.

He sells software and lab test equipment. I only sell software. He got his main account, almost 600fb, restricted in some way a month ago (it was VERO for listing academic Adobe, it was minimum 30 day but I think it's actually a permanent restriction). All his listings disappeared on the 600fb account. This is where it gets good. A lot of his listings transfer over immediately to his backup account. BUT, he has one more seller account that he opened right away. He literally posts stuff like "1920x1200 digital image for computer background as a private auction", BIDS on it with his other seller ID, and then exchanges feedback between the accounts when it's done. He also buys tons of penny ebooks to pad his feedback record.

I reported this guy for literally a month (mostly over the phone, leadership team, fraud team, everyone, all whom agreed that fishy things seem to be happening), and FINALLY, the main account where he transferred most of the listings is NARU, and the smaller newer account had all its listings disappear, but not NARU yet. YAY! But literally only 8 hours later, it's back and he's slowly posting his items back, on both accounts. What the hell?

I am done with this BS. My sales are down because he manipulates best match and shows up first, he bids on everything I tend to bid on and pays sky high prices, he isn't supposed to be selling anyway since he got the boot for being bad, and eBay just doesn't seem to care that he's literally doing stuff like giving himself feedback. We had lots of competitors in the category and everyone got along just fine until this 24/7 tool came here.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 06-01-2018 at 03:30 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-01-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: I want to get this SOB suspended on eBay, how?

ovidiu, you know this forum is not for haters and fighting competitors this way doesn't really takes you anywhere.
Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I'm asking for help because this guy is playing dirty, not minding his own business. Like stealing my descriptions. I can definitely VERO him over that, but it's going to place a massive crosshairs on my back. I've looked at the feedback his buying account leaves for people, and it's not pretty.
Old 06-01-2018

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
I'm asking for help because this guy is playing dirty, not minding his own business. Like stealing my descriptions. I can definitely VERO him over that, but it's going to place a massive crosshairs on my back. I've looked at the feedback his buying account leaves for people, and it's not pretty.
It sounds to me like he will be banned on his own....God dam ebay is dumb.

I was banned so fast and I only had 2 accounts and was doing nothing wrong other than some vero sales.

Here this guy is breaking all kinds of rules if true.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leader2dark For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018

FYI best thing you can do is buy stuff from him and then file eBay reports AND CALL THEM. That will kill accounts super fast. Even fully legit sellers....

Its cut throat out there..
Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Cannot do that personally. Based on this guy's feedback he gives to sellers, he's a dangerous maniac, not some person innocently making money to keep his mama in comfort.

Yes, everything I said is true. No, he won't be banned on his own. Been reporting for a month straight and ONE of his accounts got a 8 hour NARU. These are legitimate, serious issues like giving himself fb across many accounts. They didn't even remove the fb he left for himself. Right now, he's selling a so-called barcode where he is soliciting feedback in the listing. He also says the barcode is a GS1 one, which is obviously false. Reported it but eBay probably won't do anything, they didn't even remove the previous digital items he was selling to himself to give himself feedback.

Last edited by ovidiu; 06-01-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2018

Longevity: 62%

The Following User Says Thank You to okay For This Useful Post:
ascend_18 (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018

Longevity: 79%

You should start a crowdfunding page to take him down.
Old 06-01-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

Competition out maneuvering you isn't a ban worthy offense man. It sucks but you gotta just be smarter and expand yourself.
Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I guess the trolls didn't read the thread. He gives himself feedback between multiple accounts, steals my descriptions and titles, and got one account restricted with legit Vero takedowns from the rights owner. What's a legit offense, offering murder for hire?
Old 06-01-2018

I'm still confused why eBay won't ban him if its as bad as you say. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ feedback is an instant ban.
Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

That's why I don't get it. There must be some corrupt eBay employee protecting him? A CS agent admitted all the accounts are the same person. When I told other eBay reps about it, they were more interested in punishing the guy who told me than taking action.
Old 06-01-2018

Longevity: 34%

No honor among thieves

Reporting people is a bit of a Russian Roulette - 5 times out of 6 nothing happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

No honor among thieves

Reporting people is a bit of a Russian Roulette - 5 times out of 6 nothing happens.

Yeah I noticed. Any more advice on dealing with this? Rolling over and dying, or just ignoring him, isn't an option. Between his search manipulations, multiple accounts shilling each other, and super aggressive buying behavior, he is taking over the whole category. If I change anything on my own listings, he'll just copy it.

I have set in motion one of the things suggested here, but looking to see if there are more avenues available.

The most frustrating thing is that the easiest and surest way to stomp on him, by VEROing him for stealing my descriptions, is a closed off avenue because I think he will literally open a hundred accounts, buy from me, and completely ruin me. And eBay will do NOTHING about it.

What's funny is on my own account, I literally get warnings sometimes for things I MIGHT do. Go figure, and this turd is running freely on eBay literally doing whatever the hell he wants.

Last edited by ovidiu; 06-01-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-01-2018

Again, if you really want these taken care of you MUST buy stuff from him, then your complaints will mean a lot more.

Feel free to use burner accounts or whatever.
Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I'm doing that through out of state friends right now. Hopefully that plus all the the other policy violations will do this turd in. 2 negatives at this point will hopefully slow him down a little.

It's a little complicated because the average item cost is 400 bucks.
Old 06-01-2018

Longevity: 73%

If what you say is true he'll be gone before long.

Otherwise you need to sharpen up your game.
Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

You would think man. Someone is protecting him. I'm sure of it.
Old 06-01-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
I guess the trolls didn't read the thread. He gives himself feedback between multiple accounts, steals my descriptions and titles, and got one account restricted with legit Vero takedowns from the rights owner. What's a legit offense, offering murder for hire?
You aren't selling your own line of products so using similar or same titles isn't going to get him booted. You may "know" he's boosting between accounts and if he is he'll get caught, but outside of that he can sell the same items and take business from you.

But yeah, we're the trolls.
Old 06-02-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

eBay CS rep said all accounts were the same person, they've all left feedback for each other. They all sell the same items and all of them have the same style descriptions and are in the same location. He steals my descriptions too. And buys ebooks for feedback. Right at this very moment he's soliciting feedback in one listing.
Old 06-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdydood View Post
You should start a crowdfunding page to take him down.
Good old gibberish
Old 06-02-2018

Longevity: 53%

What is your question? How to get another user suspended?

IF this user is really stealing your titles, descriptions, photos ect why not just block him/her from all your accounts? That should eliminate the issue of them copying you.

Maybe you should look at the users strategy and see if there is something there that could work for you. If this person really has an IN at eBay, more power to them. Wish we all did as we wouldn't be here. Nothing you can do to change that.

Just remember - if you are openly plotting to remove an Ebay user on an open forum, the person could very well be a member here and may get ahead of your game.