Lost package using stealth shipping address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-25-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Lost package using stealth shipping address

Hi guys!

I have ran into some problem with my packages going missing. I believe the usps is getting confused on the sender's address (Stealth) and the receiver address. Exp: Im in TX and the item needs to go to Michigan, the Stealth address is in Michigan - package came from Tx.... Hipe you guys got the picture.
My main question! - is there anyway I can change my sender address without pp/ebay know? I heard someone putting a sticker of their real address on top of the Stealth address so if anything goes wrong, it would be sent back to them.
I also heard of stamps.com but not sure how that will work out since they use pp and our pp is stealth. Or is there another way to get around this?
Amybhelp amd advice is highly appreciated Please!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2018

Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Lost package using stealth shipping address

If I am not mistaken, eBay does not see the shipping label. They see what you can see on USPS website.

I use the same PO box address as return address on all packages. However, when eBay send the buyer a return label, it’s to the address on the account. Not original shipping address.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ouako For This Useful Post:
Twingh (08-01-2018)
Old 07-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouako View Post
If I am not mistaken, eBay does not see the shipping label. They see what you can see on USPS website.

I use the same PO box address as return address on all packages. However, when eBay send the buyer a return label, it’s to the address on the account. Not original shipping address.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
I do that same - only using po box as return address - not providing the address on the account
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Twingh (08-01-2018)
Old 07-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%

You can write a different address on the packages themselves that never goes through the eBay or PayPal system, which would allow you to use a previously used address for say returns or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
Twingh (08-01-2018)
Old 07-26-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Stamps.com does not use Paypal. Using stamps.com, all of your postage is handled outside of eBay/PP and it's a lot easier for multiple accounts. You fund your stamps.com account with a CC not a Paypal, and send all shipments out with a valid return address.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Twingh (08-01-2018)
Old 07-26-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Stamps.com does not use Paypal. Using stamps.com, all of your postage is handled outside of eBay/PP and it's a lot easier for multiple accounts. You fund your stamps.com account with a CC not a Paypal, and send all shipments out with a valid return address.
I just learned, Stamps and Shipstation are the same company. I opened my Stamps account, and was given 2 months free at ShipStation. Its 100% better :D
Old 08-01-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
I just learned, Stamps and Shipstation are the same company. I opened my Stamps account, and was given 2 months free at ShipStation. Its 100% better :D
Is there any difference between the 2? I see that shipstation is more expensive.
Old 08-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twingh View Post
Is there any difference between the 2? I see that shipstation is more expensive.
Shipstation has a much better interface, and is web-based. So you do not have to install any programs.

They will also update tracking right to your stealth accounts, so you do not have to log in on them every again.
Old 08-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Shipstation has a much better interface, and is web-based. So you do not have to install any programs.

They will also update tracking right to your stealth accounts, so you do not have to log in on them every again.
Stamps.com has both of those features also. I just prefer the software because it's a lot easier when managing multiple accounts (since I'll open/close 20 browsers in 2 hours while printing labels). Once you link an eBay account to stamps.com all tracking is automatically posted back, and feedback is automatically left for buyers.

Shipstation does the same thing and has a few extra features. For me though it's not worth the extra cost. I get stamps.com for free.
Old 08-02-2018

Longevity: 53%

Well to stop packages going back to the wrong address go into settings and not let Ebay send return address, click on where you will send. Problem solved as far as returns.