selling on ebay got pretty hard - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-02-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default selling on ebay got pretty hard

Hi everyone.

I have some years selling on ebay, by the way the last month was the worst month to sell of all time, but now I want to talk about the ebay's way to treat sellers, you know I had a very unpleasant issue with a buyer, he started to add questions after won the product in a BIN listing, it looked like he doesn't wanted to pay me so I relisted the item and told him about this, as a way of getting pay sooner, so the next day he paid me, then a day later I was packing the product and I emailed and told him he was going to receive the item in few weeks, so he replied very soon and told me I was rude and he could open a dispute just after one day of paying me. This never happend to me, I mean can anybody can open a dispute one day after paying? This looks very awful for sellers and the reason is I informed him the delivery date can take some weeks. This ebay looks pretty bad these days.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-03-2018

Longevity: 33%
Default Re: selling on ebay got pretty hard

No he cant open a dispute that soon. He can only ask to cancel. Which you can deny.
Old 09-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Yes, he could. And his reason to open a case was I told him the item will be received in a month, which it is not true because I told him It can take a month to receive the item, which is right according to all my years of experience, so the only option for sellers in this kind of cases is to refund to the buyer because when a buyer does this kind of things, you know, the money is on hold. I know in the past he could only ask to cancel a day after paying me for the item but know is different, I don't remember is the past the funds may be on hold just a day after paying. Beyond the new return policies for sellers and this kind of treatment a I think ebay does not care for sellers anymore.
Old 09-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Cancel his order and block him.

You do not pursue sales like this. It only leads to trouble.

I had an account get a negative because the idiot buyer cannot read. Then they waited 6 days AFTER getting their item to say that my description wasnt what she got, even though it was.

Needless to say her account will go down in a blaze of glory for it
Old 09-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

refund refund refund
Old 09-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Don't forget to block him from bidding
Old 09-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Hello everyone!

As a matter of fact few days ago I refunded him, and I will find out how to block him but the issue here is that someone can open a dispute on ebay a day after paying. Anyways guys I have another problem here, it is I sold an item months ago to Africa by registered airmail, you know this guy open a case on ebay but it was closed, in fact I thought it was due to he received the item but he says he doesn't but according to tracking information provided to him, the item arrived to his country two weeks ago, so I explained to paypal that because he opened a dispute on paypal escalated to claim, so I'm not sure if this will be enough to paypal because according to tracking the item shows it arrived to his country but it doesn't show as delivered, hopefully paypal has not frozen the funds yet, but I think it is vey likely that they will refunded him, and he can get the item and the money. I had no idea that registered airmail takes months to arrive to africa. does anybody have an experience with this kind of case?
Old 09-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I agree. When I get nutcases like this I cancel and block.

If the item was already shipped, since I have the tracking # I can sometimes get it intercepted and returned back to me before it was delivered too. USPS offers this service for a fee and it's worth it if the item is expensive.
Old 09-08-2018

Longevity: 72%

Block list is your friend. These buyers are rare, but unfortunately they do exist and they will make problems for you. Someone pointed out that the buyer could request to cancel, and you could deny their cancellation... and would be just in doing so if you had already shipped the item... but my advice would be if you ever get a cancel request and haven't shipped yet, you should honor the request because buyers will find ways to return the item or make problems for you because they didn't get their way.
Old 09-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekinpur View Post
Hello everyone!

As a matter of fact few days ago I refunded him, and I will find out how to block him but the issue here is that someone can open a dispute on ebay a day after paying. Anyways guys I have another problem here, it is I sold an item months ago to Africa by registered airmail, you know this guy open a case on ebay but it was closed, in fact I thought it was due to he received the item but he says he doesn't but according to tracking information provided to him, the item arrived to his country two weeks ago, so I explained to paypal that because he opened a dispute on paypal escalated to claim, so I'm not sure if this will be enough to paypal because according to tracking the item shows it arrived to his country but it doesn't show as delivered, hopefully paypal has not frozen the funds yet, but I think it is vey likely that they will refunded him, and he can get the item and the money. I had no idea that registered airmail takes months to arrive to africa. does anybody have an experience with this kind of case?
You shouldn't offer products or services to all countries if you sell on eBay. Some countries have poor postal systems and high fraud rates, plus your payment processor is PayPal who are notorious for taking sides with buyers.
You won't get significantly richer offering your products to such countries, but you're going to have to be ready to take some loses.

Some problem buyers don't return to purchase again, but if you offer consumable products; they might. Consider blocking in this format:
HTML Code:
ebayUserName, email@domain.com,
This should attempt to block guest purchase should they try to get around your ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
Cancel his order and block him.

You do not pursue sales like this. It only leads to trouble.

I had an account get a negative because the idiot buyer cannot read. Then they waited 6 days AFTER getting their item to say that my description wasnt what she got, even though it was.

Needless to say her account will go down in a blaze of glory for it

BigCJ is spot on here.
Some buyers can be unreasonable. They know the system throws its weight behind them, so they use it to their advantage.
You may be already offering the best customer service, but for some, it just isn't enough. Eventually, you'd be bending over like a stripper, taking negative feedbacks or issuing refunds because they cannot be bothered to read the listing titles or description.
Old 09-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Too much communication. If he paid I wuld ship with tracking and be done with it. He does have to pay return shiping so I doubt he returns it