eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How many stealth accounts? TAX? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/120820-how-many-stealth-accounts-tax.html)

James_Elsworth 10-11-2018 06:16 PM

How many stealth accounts? TAX?

Hello, I was wondering what happens if let's say you have 5 to 10 Stealth Ebay Accounts and you have around $15k to $18k sales on them (not hitting 20k mark).

Do you avoid paying taxes like this? how does it work? Also, all these accounts being sold by verified sellers are usually with different names and everything, how does it work?

Please let me know, thank you.

CoDebits 10-13-2018 10:31 AM

Re: How many stealth accounts? TAX?

do it with international accounts, and you're ok

Zilligenaire 10-13-2018 11:11 AM

I've been thinking about the same thing.

martyjump 10-13-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Elsworth (Post 949242)
Hello, I was wondering what happens if let's say you have 5 to 10 Stealth Ebay Accounts and you have around $15k to $18k sales on them (not hitting 20k mark).

Do you avoid paying taxes like this? how does it work? Also, all these accounts being sold by verified sellers are usually with different names and everything, how does it work?

You have to pay tax on any income in the USA. If this money is being transferred to a bank account then it's being documented and if you're ever audited by the IRS they will want to know where it came from and why it wasn't reported.

phaz0rz 10-14-2018 11:22 AM

Agreed with above. Use common sense. If you receive $180k into your USA bank account(s) in 2018 and you don't file taxes at all because you didn't have any 1099k's sent out by Paypal, you're just begging to be audited by the IRS. If that were to happen it's likely the IRS demands you pay taxes on all $180k rather than just paying taxes on your profits because you didn't deduct any expenses on your taxes.

Stealth accounts aren't meant for tax evasion - just to get you back into ecommerce. Of course you're still legally obligated to pay taxes on your profits. It majorly sucks and I'm against it and hate it, but there's no getting around taxes.

ebaystealth1974 10-14-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 949820)
If that were to happen it's likely the IRS demands you pay taxes on all $180k rather than just paying taxes on your profits

It happened to me one year because of a mistake on my taxes. They came after me a couple years later, but I was able to just do a 1040x and pay tax on profits.

Zilligenaire 10-14-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Agreed with above. Use common sense. If you receive $180k into your USA bank account(s) in 2018 and you don't file taxes at all because you didn't have any 1099k's sent out by Paypal, you're just begging to be audited by the IRS. If that were to happen it's likely the IRS demands you pay taxes on all $180k rather than just paying taxes on your profits because you didn't deduct any expenses on your taxes.

Stealth accounts aren't meant for tax evasion - just to get you back into ecommerce. Of course you're still legally obligated to pay taxes on your profits. It majorly sucks and I'm against it and hate it, but there's no getting around taxes.

Do you hire a professional? It seems the more I research, the more questions I get.

phaz0rz 10-14-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zilligenaire (Post 949836)
Do you hire a professional? It seems the more I research, the more questions I get.

Just a run-of-the-mill tax preparer who charges like $200.

martyjump 10-14-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zilligenaire (Post 949836)

Just keep track of your transactions on a spreadsheet through Excel and keep records of any expenses. You will need help filing your taxes the first time. My dad was a former accountant so he was able to help me my first time. After that, you should know enough to file on your own every year after that. It's not too complicated, though it does seem overwhelming initially.

SaiJin 10-14-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Elsworth (Post 949242)

Regardless you still need to pay taxes on any income.

We stop before hitting the 20K just so that it doesn't trigger PP for asking for tax stuff. Not to avoid taxes all together.

Camaro2SS 10-14-2018 04:53 PM

Of course we all pay our taxes ;)

Dad 10-15-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyjump (Post 949883)
Just keep track of your transactions on a spreadsheet through Excel and keep records of any expenses. You will need help filing your taxes the first time. My dad was a former accountant so he was able to help me my first time. After that, you should know enough to file on your own every year after that. It's not too complicated, though it does seem overwhelming initially.

what can i declare as a expenses for example ? thanks

phaz0rz 10-15-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad (Post 950138)
what can i declare as a expenses for example ? thanks

- Inventory
- Shipping supplies
- Hired help
- Gas (mileage in USA)/business travel costs
- Storage/Warehousing

In USA you write off any money you spent on your business, thus coming up with your net profit. We even get to write off import taxes.

Dad 10-15-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 950140)
- Inventory
- Shipping supplies
- Hired help
- Gas (mileage in USA)/business travel costs
- Storage/Warehousing

In USA you write off any money you spent on your business, thus coming up with your net profit. We even get to write off import taxes.

So if you dropshipping, basically nothing can be your expense?

phaz0rz 10-15-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad (Post 950143)
So if you dropshipping, basically nothing can be your expense?

All of the purchases you make to fulfill your dropship orders would be the expenses you deduct. In the case of dropshipping that would probably be the only thing you deduct since it's pretty much your only business expense.

SaiJin 10-15-2018 04:45 PM

You can also consult with a CPA so you aren't missing a thing.

Gas usually counts for about 50% of its usage in taxes.

ebaystealth1974 10-15-2018 04:47 PM

Home business has been huge deduction for me.

James_Elsworth 10-18-2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

No no, I don't want to evade taxes, I'm just wondering how it's going to work out if someone has multiple accounts with different info, how are you suppose to calculate them and report them?

MM78 10-18-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Elsworth (Post 950924)
No no, I don't want to evade taxes, I'm just wondering how it's going to work out if someone has multiple accounts with different info, how are you suppose to calculate them and report them?

Easy, you keep track.

James_Elsworth 10-19-2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 950925)
Easy, you keep track.

So if all the accounts are registered with different names and address, all that matters is where the money goes to? the bank account? it doesn't matter if they're all under ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names or random addresses? that's what I want to know.

Dad 10-19-2018 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Elsworth (Post 950926)
So if all the accounts are registered with different names and address, all that matters is where the money goes to? the bank account? it doesn't matter if they're all under ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names or random addresses? that's what I want to know.

I was asking same questions and it seems to be like that, as long as you paying taxes they don't care. It's like cheating ebay and being fair with government.

nickopedia 10-19-2018 01:40 AM

People make this more complicated than it needs to be and overthink how taxes are due.

If you make money, regardless of the name on the PayPal's, you pay tax.
Any money you collect that goes into your bank account is taxable.