Ebay New Automatic Payment Method Error!!! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-16-2018
just_smile

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Ebay New Automatic Payment Method Error!!!

Its nowt to do with using a VPN, they just tell you whatever to get you off the phone.

To set up the automatic payment method using paypal, try these steps, works for me every time.

Account > Seller Account > Payments and refunds > Set up automatic payment method.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
MOSH17 (10-16-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2018
Banned

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Its nowt to do with using a VPN, they just tell you whatever to get you off the phone.

To set up the automatic payment method using paypal, try these steps, works for me every time.

Account > Seller Account > Payments and refunds > Set up automatic payment method.
That will make no difference if you've already got the new automatic payment page, you would still need a new account.
Old 10-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

You do not need to add a VBA. IT is most likely the VPN you are using or it is the gift card itself. Make sure you log into the gift card website and register your gift card with your stealth address.

There are some gift cards that paypal will accept without being registered, but ebay will not allow you to add paypal as reimbursement method because the card is not registered. If you still need to register the gift card then first remove it from paypal then register the info to the card then re-add the card.

I have had this same issue long ago when this problem started occurring
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
MOSH17 (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018
just_smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsierngue View Post
That will make no difference if you've already got the new automatic payment page, you would still need a new account.
Don't talk sh*te mate.

You don't need a new account for such a simple error. Ebayorbust and I have provided 2 work arounds.
Old 10-16-2018
Banned

Longevity: 43%

LMFAO. Yours isn't a workaround of any sort if you've already received the error, it's the same as using the direct link I already posted.

I already explained before that I was talking about needing a new account if you still wanted to use the card on a PP account.
Old 10-16-2018
just_smile

Quote:
LMFAO. Yours isn't a workaround of any sort if you've already received the error, it's the same as using the direct link I already posted.
I haven't clicked on your link so I've not idea where it takes you, but I can categorically tell you that the links I have posted works 100% after you have already received the error trying to set up automatic payments the normal way.

Why would I post it if it didn't work after receiving the error?

I create hundreds of accounts a month, I get this all the time. Never once has the link I posted not worked.
Old 10-16-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,562 Times in 2,213 Posts
Activity: 72%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSH17 View Post
no i didn't add gift card. if i added a seperate card it will work. i know that. but that will not solve the problem. so far i made stealth by only linking a verified paypal to ebay. so i am curious to know why now only i cannot do this. using a seperate card will allow me to bypass this but it will not actually solve the problem because if i need to make another account then i will also need to get two cards to do that. i am sorry if you think this as foolish. but i need to know the root cause for this error and to solve this without using a seperate payment method.
What happens is once you add a gift card to the account, you can go back in there and set the PP as the automatic payment method again.

Then use the gift card for opurchases or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
MOSH17 (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 38%

thank you everyone who paid attention to my problem so far and i really appreciate your help. but unfortunately few minutes ago i tried all these methods, links while setting up payment method on a new one but the error still remains. after that as i was too exhausted i just added the same card details which i used to verify paypal as the automatic payment method and it was accepted just as i expected. but sadly paypal problem is still remains for me.
Old 10-16-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:

I already explained before that I was talking about needing a new account if you still wanted to use the card on a PP account.
i tried that link you provided but it also finally goes to the same automatic payment method page.
Old 10-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 41%

Right just been in touch with PayPal again as I’m trying to setup another account and I thought it was an iP issue but apparently not. So I spoke to someone from their so called technical team and I was advised that when your setting up a pre approved payment agreement eBay try pre-approving a $25 dollar payment not sure why as there not actually attempting to take the money out but because I only have less then $10 on my VCC it declines and that’s why I’m getting the message.

So now I’ve deleted the old VCC and added new one with enough money and hey presto it works hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to 13obby For This Useful Post:
MOSH17 (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
Right just been in touch with PayPal again as I’m trying to setup another account and I thought it was an iP issue but apparently not. So I spoke to someone from their so called technical team and I was advised that when your setting up a pre approved payment agreement eBay try pre-approving a $25 dollar payment not sure why as there not actually attempting to take the money out but because I only have less then $10 on my VCC it declines and that’s why I’m getting the message.

So now I’ve deleted the old VCC and added new one with enough money and hey presto it works hope that helps.
$25 dollar is way too high... i guess there is no market place seller who give vccs with that high amount and yet they are not get complains
Old 10-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post

This again is another example of Paypal reps talking out their arse.
Old 10-17-2018

Longevity: 40%

I found this issue common when i'm setting up PayPal's and copying/pasting any info into the fields, I now get everything in a notepad and put windows next to each other and manually type everything when setting up PayPal and eBay, never get any of their common glitches anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to lally106 For This Useful Post:
MOSH17 (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lally106 View Post
I found this issue common when i'm setting up PayPal's and copying/pasting any info into the fields, I now get everything in a notepad and put windows next to each other and manually type everything when setting up PayPal and eBay, never get any of their common glitches anymore.
thanks for that info! will consider it as well.