Is it obligatory to have an automatic payment method on eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 03-03-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Is it obligatory to have an automatic payment method on eBay?

I want to ask the more experienced member about the title of the thread. Is "automatic payment method" obligatory to start selling or you can do it with one time payment methods all the time?

The reason i am asking this is because i am unable to set-up an automatic payment method.
This is because
1.Can't connect it with Paypal because (i quote customer support answer)
"After receive your email ,we understand that you want to add the paypal automatic methods.Only users in the United States can use paypal automatic payment, you need to "account"-"paypal account" will be associated with ebay and paypal,
You can use paypal payments and one-time payments, but you can only set up credit card automatic payments, ebay approved with a (visa and master) logo with dual currency credit card
I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you today. Thank you for choosing eBay. Take care and have a wonderful time!

When i click on the paypal automatic payment this is the response:
You cannot sign up for automatic PayPal payments at this time.

In order to sign up you must:
Have an eBay seller's account. If you are trying to pay for an item, learn how to pay your seller.

Be registered on eBay's Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Ireland, Austria, US or UK Sites.

Pay your eBay seller's fees in Australian, Canadian or US dollars, Euro, Great British Pounds or Yen

I am located in China, so this is a big problem

2. Direct pay - again you need to have an american bank account, so its a no-no

3. Credit card - First it took me more than two months going between banks and paypal to try to verify my current palpay account because for some reason the deposits don't show on chinese bank statements, so now to break that and try to verify another seems like shooting myself in the foot
And second i am not native citizen here, so i am not even sure i can get a credit card.

I am trying to get the ball rolling with Ebay for 4 months now and it's one block after another all the time

Can anyone give me any tips or advice what is the smart thing to do here?
I am gratefull for any advice or direction given. Thanks

One more question:
For the credit card automatic payments can i set my native card (master) from my country? Would ebay like that that the info and paypal bank card is from one country and the seller fees credit card from another? Same name thought.

Long post,yeah...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Is it obligatory to have an automatic payment method on eBay?

two days and not 1 reply... is it because i am a new member or what.. Was actually pretty upbeat when i discovered the forum
Old 03-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Firstly, welcome to the forums. Secondly, it's the weekend so I wouldn't expect ppl to right away reply. Thirdly, long posts tend to turn people off so just fyi there.

So, basically, you should just post and wait - contribute to other threads in the meantime.

I am not the best with setting up eb and pp in China so I don't have much experience there.

Are you trying to set up the acct on ebay.com? That's why you are blocked on pp.com - they DO look at IP...why not set up on eb in your country (if possible) or you would need US IP for your operations.

eb.com needs that pp on file but what I do for my eb.com accts is pay the fees in advance rather than have the pp dipped into.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
mask123 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Firstly, welcome to the forums. Secondly, it's the weekend so I wouldn't expect ppl to right away reply. Thirdly, long posts tend to turn people off so just fyi there.

So, basically, you should just post and wait - contribute to other threads in the meantime.

I am not the best with setting up eb and pp in China so I don't have much experience there.

Are you trying to set up the acct on ebay.com? That's why you are blocked on pp.com - they DO look at IP...why not set up on eb in your country (if possible) or you would need US IP for your operations.

eb.com needs that pp on file but what I do for my eb.com accts is pay the fees in advance rather than have the pp dipped into.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, i did forget it's the weekend and people are doing their weekend thing

Just to clarify things, my paypal is not banned, the problem is with setting up the automatic payment in Ebay - it does not accept my Paypal account (yes, because of the account country location i guess).

I did make my ebay account on ebay.com (not ebay.cn). I thought in order to sell on ebay.com the account has to be registred on that website.

As for contribution, i said in my introduction thread i have experience with IM (seo and some black hat stuff), so i'll try to contribute with that for now. The other stuff i am more in the learning process
Old 03-08-2017

You don't need an auto-pay option for your fees. They definitely prefer it, and if you do a decent volume.. you're going to want to add one so they'll be kinder with lifting your limits. You can list your items on ebay.cn and offer international shipping to the US.

Your listings will show 'From China' beneath them, but then people will know not to expect the item as fast as they would from a US seller, and you'll avoid a bunch of negative feedback due to slower shipping speed. Typically a customer opts for a purchase from China vs US because of the cost savings, or just unavailable from US sellers.