Will Chinese sellers ever be shown the door on eBay? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Will Chinese sellers ever be shown the door on eBay?

But Amazon stuff is from China though. And even still, Amazon doesn't seem to like to have sellers on their platform, hence all the services you have in the marketplace specifically for Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
The same active Chinese vendors on eBay would definitely love to transfer the same eBay experience to Amazon, but a quick search on Amazon makes it clear that Amazon didn't allow that horse**** to take place on their platform.

I wish there was a way to deliver this message of frustration to the people making decisions at eBay though!!
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (11-11-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2018

Longevity: 48%

Devin Wenig is quite proud of how he's recruited Chinese sellers and has bragged in numerous interviews how far eBay goes for the Chinese. I don't see how it's anything to be proud of but then again I think Devin is quite an idiot. Would love if Trump went on one of his Twitter rants and slammed eBay for catering to Chinese sellers.
Old 11-20-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
For what query? Back when I sold cheap chinese sh1t, I dominated over the chinese... people don't like waiting 2 weeks to get something.
Ebaystealth1974 is not the first person to give a very practical solution to the “Chinese Seller” problem and that’s just one. Someone else stated in this thread if that the same items of same quality that were being sold on eBay can go for 2 and 3x the price on Amazon. If that’s the case.. Your problem is not ebays Chinese seller.. Many people make a living buying certain products on eBay and bring them to market on eBay again with faster shipping and higher prices.. or they sell it on Amazon which brings higher prices..

I guess what I’m saying is: most sellers don’t have a Chinese problem or a competition problem. But, many times we can struggle to come up with new ideas or products to sell. Absolutely no one and nothing is in the way of me Studying some products or developing a product, bringing it to market and selling it at a profit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Payelectronica For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-20-2018)
Old 11-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

So yall are talking about the Chinese taking over ebay and when I go to amazon in my categories, it is nearly 100% Chinese sellers. The rest of us left amazon because it costs us money to sell there with more problems and ****tier buyers. Maybe it depends on category.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Sunspot144 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018

Longevity: 75%

I doubt eBay would, that’s where eBay gets most of their profits from.

Also, why don’t you think of new ways to earn money instead of complaining about Chinese sellers? You can benefit from Chinese merchants in many ways too. We all have to deal with that.
Old 11-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangduck View Post
I doubt eBay would, that’s where eBay gets most of their profits from.

Also, why don’t you think of new ways to earn money instead of complaining about Chinese sellers? You can benefit from Chinese merchants in many ways too. We all have to deal with that.
Exactly what I was trying to get across in a round about way. There are also many different flags from all over the world posted on this forum so we must be careful of certain blanket statements about singled out groups of people. It’s not cool.
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 58%

I think only Americans should be able to sell on ebay, and people in Europe should have their own version, and so on. This way everyone can make money. It was better in 2009. Every time I find a profitable item there are sellers from China with it for prices I cannot compete with, so I gave up in 09.
Old 11-21-2018

Longevity: 38%

No one likes a quitter...
Old 11-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 37%

@BlackLion is right. Priority must be given to local sellers. When I go to Amazon, I rarely see low-ball prices even for dirt cheap items such as screen protectors.

Chinese sellers have stamped eBay forever with the reputation of being a junkyard.

These Chinese sellers are insane. They sell stuff to make a profit of 0.10$ or something like that!! Sometimes I wonder what the end game of that is? Maybe simply to shut down local businesses and hurt western economies.
Old 11-21-2018

Longevity: 34%

Why try to compete if you can't compete. I'm missing something here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
@BlackLion is right. Priority must be given to local sellers. When I go to Amazon, I rarely see low-ball prices even for dirt cheap items such as screen protectors.

Chinese sellers have stamped eBay forever with the reputation of being a junkyard.

These Chinese sellers are insane. They sell stuff to make a profit of 0.10$ or something like that!! Sometimes I wonder what the end game of that is? Maybe simply to shut down local businesses and hurt western economies.
I'm sure they are taking a loss, but I see their tactic is to build up history/feedback, then moving on to more profitable items.

This is why seller need to research and source their items carefully to avoid selling the same items as these Chinese sellers. Another analogy is it's not a good idea to get into the pizza business if there's a pizza place on every block in town. Why compete against that?

It's all about sourcing the right items and being creative in your listings.
Old 11-21-2018

10 dollar bluetooth speakers from Amazon. Sound quality is surprisingly good. Let's not go boycotting the Chinese so they raise prices on imported goods lol.
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
10 dollar bluetooth speakers from Amazon. Sound quality is surprisingly good. Let's not go boycotting the Chinese so they raise prices on imported goods lol.
Sunspot, yes, I know what you mean.

Some of those cheap items are indeed surprisingly good.

I ordered a solar panel charger and it works very well. Only paid $20 and I couldn't be happier.

On the other hand, I picked up a couple USB cables that were absolute rubbish. They fell apart within a couple weeks. No use returning a $4 item. I got what I paid for.
Old 11-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Sunspot, yes, I know what you mean.

Some of those cheap items are indeed surprisingly good.

I ordered a solar panel charger and it works very well. Only paid $20 and I couldn't be happier.

On the other hand, I picked up a couple USB cables that were absolute rubbish. They fell apart within a couple weeks. No use returning a $4 item. I got what I paid for.
Part of the gamble. Chinese business culture is all about cutting costs. Can't really blame them for wanting to get you the best deal possible. They openly offer to lie on the import value of your goods. That speaks loads lol.

Really tho, OP - take look under your sink. I bet you can find 10 related items under there you could sell at a profit.
Old 11-21-2018

Longevity: 32%

Quote:
Go to eBay.com and just search for iPhone case, hit ctrl+f and type "China".

How do these sellers even make a profit for god sake if they sell the damn thing for 2$?

I am in China (though I am American, btw) and source products from here and help others do so as well.

I can tell you that one common concept among Chinese sellers goes something like "Sell a million items...make a million yuan". This is vastly different from the western approach which is, more often, to try to get rich as quickly as possible by selling each item at the highest profit possible.

Many of them are willing to sit there and churn out thousands upon thousands of shipments at tiny profit margins in order to reach that goal. They are more concerned about competition with each other than they are with the western sellers.

Another thing is that many of the Chinese sellers you see on eBay are actually the manufacturers themselves who can sell things at what are normally EXW wholesale prices and still make profits.

Chinese sellers also benefit from very cheap international shipping services through specialized logistics firms here.

Rather than bemoan the situation, what one should do is try to adapt. If a western seller can put himself -- as much as possible -- in a position where he can compete more closely on price with the Chinese sellers, while at the same time providing added value that the Chinese do not provide (think customer service language (and cultural) fluency, truth in advertising, ethical business practices, and domestic stock in the buyer's country) then he may have a fighting chance in this arena.
The Following User Says Thank You to adc For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-22-2018)
Old 11-21-2018

Straight from the horse's mouth. Cool insight
Old 11-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I can tell you that one common concept among Chinese sellers goes something like "Sell a million items...make a million yuan". This is vastly different from the western approach which is, more often, to try to get rich as quickly as possible by selling each item at the highest profit possible.
....Volume concept, yup
Old 11-22-2018

Longevity: 75%

Exactly. Try to think on the flip side.

At one hand you have growing Chinese competition, but on the other hand you have growing amounts of suppliers and factories, which means more business opportunities. Look up Yiwu Wholesale mall, it’s one of the largest malls in th world where you can connect and buy all sorts of products from wholesellers in China.

You just have to think of new ideas constantly and think outside the box. Compeitition comes growth and improvement. Be water, my friend.
Old 11-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I am in China (though I am American, btw) and source products from here and help others do so as well.

Many of them are willing to sit there and churn out thousands upon thousands of shipments at tiny profit margins in order to reach that goal. They are more concerned about competition with each other than they are with the western sellers.

Another thing is that many of the Chinese sellers you see on eBay are actually the manufacturers themselves who can sell things at what are normally EXW wholesale prices and still make profits.

Chinese sellers also benefit from very cheap international shipping services through specialized logistics firms here.

Rather than bemoan the situation, what one should do is try to adapt. If a western seller can put himself -- as much as possible -- in a position where he can compete more closely on price with the Chinese sellers, while at the same time providing added value that the Chinese do not provide (think customer service language (and cultural) fluency, truth in advertising, ethical business practices, and domestic stock in the buyer's country) then he may have a fighting chance in this arena.
NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They need their own platform. I was able to bring in huge profits before they destroyed ebay without having to invest large amount of funds for large bulk orders, because I didn't have the funds to do so. Ebay should be for Westerners only, and everyone else should have their own version of ebay. This will allow Americans too get out of poverty a lot faster, or make ends meet. Too many people are struggling these days, because of it. Don't believe me? You can find numerous rants, articles,etc of people who have been ruined by China.
Old 11-22-2018

@ Blacklion.. So you really believe eBay should for be only for westerners? What about the westerners who sell to non westerners as a way of making a living? I sold high end luggage on eBay for years and the bulk of my customers were non western countries. They paid the price I was asking and never complained about the high price to ship usps priority international. There are many people who have found a niche selling worldwide with many customers being non western. Should eBay take that away from them because your business model took a hit?