My Buyer Is Trying To Get Item Free After Ebay Closes Case-Ebay Doesnt Care ! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default My Buyer Is Trying To Get Item Free After Ebay Closes Case-Ebay Doesnt Care !

So my buyer of a Punk 45 record worth $60 filed a claim because he didnt get after a month, though I did upload tracking, and it showed it was still on its way. I understasnd this was taking much longer than usual ,so I can understand his frustration. However , he is a collector so this was for himself,and I cant see why it would matter so much as long as it was still on its way, and would arrive reasonably soon. I also couldnt understand why he would just file a claim without contacting me fisrt to ask for a refund. I sent him the phone nember of Swiss Post to call since my courier said they were the ones to take over once it got to his country Germany to see what was going on. Anyhow he agreed to do this and wait a while longer, but when it still wasnt there after a couple more weeks again he asked ebay to intervene without telling me he was tired of waiting,and asking for a refund at that point. He was quite polite to me in his emails, as though everything was cool so I assumed he would have just contacted me when he was done waiting. Of course this affects my seller rating ,and I di nothing wrong,since I cant speed up the delivery. I sent it Ascendia international btw, a courier some people may be aware of, and I have had few problems with, never losing a parcel at least . Anyhow again he was very nice in his email saying how he was going to reimburse me for sure once he got the record. Yesterday I started wondering what was going on with the record ,so I looked at the tracking and it said that "recipient has asked for a later delivery,and above that delivery planned" . I was kind of shocked to see that ,and realzied he did that so that by that time I would likely have forgetten about it,and it would be too late for me to appeal the decison with ebay and he gets the record free. So I contacted him about it and he says Steve why would I ask for a later delivery? I told youI will let you know when I get it and reimburse you. So I responded with " sp you didnt ask for a later delivery? And he says practically the same thing "why would I do that blah blah ! So I contact ebay, and after being very nice on the phone saying they will contact ebay Germany and see if thers anything they can do. Then after I get off the phone I get an email saying case was closed and theres notiung they can do for me. Well now Im pissed and call back,and the guy says he will send ebay Germany an email right now, and again I get an email after talking with him that the case os closed and theres nothing they can do ! I did get an email from Germany though but they just said the same thing! I cant believe that they can see with their own eyes with the tracking and his messages that the buyer is obvioulsy trying to rip me off and they just dont give a damn ! I have contacted Ascendia to have the parcel returned so hopefully that will happen soon enough, they said they are going to try and will get back to me, so I am still worried this is going to happen ! Any suggestions would be apprecaited .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: My Buyer Is Trying To Get Item Free After Ebay Closes Case-Ebay Doesnt Care !

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Would you mind spacing out your text a bit more to get it more readable? Using some punctuation will also help.

I honestly stopped after first line.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (10-23-2019)
Old 10-23-2019

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: My Buyer Is Trying To Get Item Free After Ebay Closes Case-Ebay Doesnt Care !

I dont blame your buyer,a month is a long time to wait for a package.
It could be lost ,you should file claim with your carrier.
you may want to switch carrier in the future,
Old 10-23-2019

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 41%

Paragraph is unbearable to read. Just write key points.

If ebay closes your case, the only way to win it again is via a legal documentation. Or if you and the buyer exchanged any messages that implicates what they say.
Old 10-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I made it through the whole story, but unfortunately I don't think there's anything more you can do.

At this point, from what I can tell, your options are to either A) hope the delivery company is able to recover/return the shipment to you or B) hope the buyer is honest enough to actually send the payment back to you once he gets the item. I've had option B happen to me before, but I've never tried getting a shipment back from a shipping company (although that is an option with most of them).

eBay does this sort of thing because eBay is having to hold sellers to the same standards an Amazon does, in order to compete with Amazon. Plus, it's far easier for them to close the case and wash their hands of the issue than it would be for them to monitor your shipment until it's delivered in order to find out who's really right/wrong in your case.
Old 10-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

[QUOTE=phaz0rz;1043386

I swear selling internationally becomes less and less worth it with every year that passes. Instead of improving with technology international mail seems to be getting worse and worse as more corners are cut, while the prices infinitely rise.[/QUOTE]

Years ago, it was up to 38% of my total ebay sales. Now, it is to insignificant to even measure and the hassles are constant in many countries including Canada.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (10-23-2019)
Old 10-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

The buyer asked for later delivery, eg. to hold it for them? unusual. Normally the post holds at pickup location if they cannot deliver, never heard of later delivery option. Problem is that a return eg if rejected by customs or whatever reason, is never well documented, and you have to keep emailing the carrier and the scan never updates. If the parcel did not get there by the expected date, the buyer is able to get a refund, I cannot tell if you already refunded it or not.
Old 10-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Years ago, it was up to 38% of my total ebay sales. Now, it is to insignificant to even measure and the hassles are constant in many countries including Canada.
SNAD is really a pain as you have to pay the shipping and they know it. They always find a mark on item or something to justify change of mind return. I find the customs for so many countries are difficult to deal with, and the cheaper postage always hands over to the national carrier and you have to contact them to find new tracking for second stage...
Old 10-23-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

I swear selling internationally becomes less and less worth it with every year that passes. Instead of improving with technology international mail seems to be getting worse and worse as more corners are cut, while the prices infinitely rise.

Quote:
I quit selling internationally over a decade ago. Don't need that in my life lol
Old 10-23-2019

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 41%

I don't sell volume, but high value. I have no problem with international mail. Quite frankly my business would cease to exist if I wasn't able to sell to the international market though ebay.

Just use trust worthy worldwide couriers like UPS, DPD, FedEX, DHL etc.
Old 10-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
I quit selling internationally over a decade ago. Don't need that in my life lol
The funny thing is, I am jumping head first into an emerging Russian market hoping to gaining market-share for years to come by being first. Might just be a glutton for punishment.
Old 10-24-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Might just be a glutton for punishment.

Sounds like it!