Possible ebay return item lawsuit - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Re: Possible ebay return item lawsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nelove View Post
Sue the guy who stole from you.
Paypal told me to report the buyer and ebay to FBI and FTC. Not to sure which rout to take yet, thought i would give this a try. I assume if i message the buyer soon, and inform him i will, will i get the machine back, or the money.

Its ridiculous this can happen with a pickup item, BUT, its a learning experience...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2019

I had a situation where I was shipping an item overseas, mc011 came after me because of delays in shipping. Item was A little shy of $1500, the day tracking updated, mc011 forcibly refunded the customer (after tracking updated). I explained that since holidays were coming up, the port my supplier normally uses was backed up, but its on the way.

Customer walked away with $1500 and the item, showed proof it was delivered even though I told the customer to deny the shipment before it was delivered since he was refunded and he ignored me. PayPal and eBay can easily charge the customer back but refuse to.

EBay funds scammers unfortunately, I thought about court but then I thought about the headache involved.

I can provide proof if you think I have a case, it was the reason I ended up getting suspended about 2 years ago.

Last edited by Redman; 12-06-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-06-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

OP could have overwhelming response if this is posted on Ebay forum-seller/return and shipping and also in category for auto etc,many experienced sellers there selling autos and other heavy machines.
Many cases I come across ,results vary-
a guy sold a used ice making machine and was scammed,but he tracked it down to a foodstand,so he went with a policeman and seize the item,based on mfg serial number.
another case I posted weeks ago on this forum is a piece of used commercial kitchen equipment,trucker has delay and Ebay sided with buyer when tracking shows no movement.
Money was returned to buyer over weekend and the item was delivered on Monday.
Seller appealed 3 times and lost,Ebay does have a policy of extending the delivery deadline if tracking shows progress but in this case,there is no new movement in tracking!
In hind sight,seller should have asked the trucker to stop delivery Monday morning or even weekend as interstate trucking has hotlines 24/7 to reach its drivers anywhere.
Ebay policy is once the case is closed and money returned,sellers would have to deal with the buyer outside Ebay.
OP case -Ebay has a flaw in its software,if a case is being reviewed by human,there should be a feature to stop the robot from interfereing.
also this Paypal bull****,if a buyer cant pay with non electronic payment,then dont bid.
There are many cases where sellers take it on the chin,one is 14 bar stools,bar ownowner ordered 14 barstools and disputed as INAD,Ebay gave him one USPS priority return label,he made several copies and slapped them on return box,USPS returned all but one back to him.
HE GOT all his money back as USPS trcking showed one box was deliverd .
Some one sold a large TV set and delivered locally,cash on delivery,buyer said he does not have enough cash ,can he use Paypal,seller said fine.
when he gets home,he found a case of INR !
Someone should write book on Ebay scams
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
aceko (12-14-2019)
Old 12-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman View Post
I had a situation where I was shipping an item overseas, mc011 came after me because of delays in shipping. Item was A little shy of $1500, the day tracking updated, mc011 forcibly refunded the customer (after tracking updated). I explained that since holidays were coming up, the port my supplier normally uses was backed up, but its on the way.

Customer walked away with $1500 and the item, showed proof it was delivered even though I told the customer to deny the shipment before it was delivered since he was refunded and he ignored me. PayPal and eBay can easily charge the customer back but refuse to.

EBay funds scammers unfortunately, I thought about court but then I thought about the headache involved.

I can provide proof if you think I have a case, it was the reason I ended up getting suspended about 2 years ago.
--------------
eBAY claims it will exytend the deadline if tracking shows progress ,but in overseas cases,it is hard to do so,if it is in the customs,there would be no further tracking until it clears customs.
Instead of asking buyer to refuse delivery,you can ask the carrier to hold the shipment until further notice,if it is a private carrier like UPS,DHL,it is doable,but not sure with USPS/local postal system,
But USPS does correspond with foreign post office,you can call 1-800-USPS number,intl shipping and ask them to email the local postal system .

Last edited by agent006140; 12-06-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-06-2019

MC011 is not about INR,you cant be suspended because you lost a case of INR,there must be other reasons why you are suspended.
Old 12-06-2019

Longevity: 30%

Small claims is possible, but it is probably just over the limit for what would qualify as small claims.
Old 12-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
MC011 is not about INR,you cant be suspended because you lost a case of INR,there must be other reasons why you are suspended.

There were about 3-4 customers who complained about it, each order was $1500-2000 each.

The rest had tracking updated on time, the last guy had tracking updated BEFORE ebay closed the case (i checked timestamps), eBay decided to close anyways.

They said they closed the case the day before, but that's not what all the paperwork says.

MC011 stepped in and told me it needs to be delivered by a certain day (at the time they sent the message to me, tracking was not updating).

Before the paperwork shows the case closed, tracking had updated.

Either way, MC011 stepped in and ultimately suspended me over it.
Old 12-06-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
OP could have overwhelming response if this is posted on Ebay forum-seller/return and shipping and also in category for auto etc,many experienced sellers there selling autos and other heavy machines.
Many cases I come across ,results vary-
a guy sold a used ice making machine and was scammed,but he tracked it down to a foodstand,so he went with a policeman and seize the item,based on mfg serial number.
another case I posted weeks ago on this forum is a piece of used commercial kitchen equipment,trucker has delay and Ebay sided with buyer when tracking shows no movement.
Money was returned to buyer over weekend and the item was delivered on Monday.
Seller appealed 3 times and lost,Ebay does have a policy of extending the delivery deadline if tracking shows progress but in this case,there is no new movement in tracking!
In hind sight,seller should have asked the trucker to stop delivery Monday morning or even weekend as interstate trucking has hotlines 24/7 to reach its drivers anywhere.
Ebay policy is once the case is closed and money returned,sellers would have to deal with the buyer outside Ebay.
OP case -Ebay has a flaw in its software,if a case is being reviewed by human,there should be a feature to stop the robot from interfereing.
also this Paypal bull****,if a buyer cant pay with non electronic payment,then dont bid.
There are many cases where sellers take it on the chin,one is 14 bar stools,bar ownowner ordered 14 barstools and disputed as INAD,Ebay gave him one USPS priority return label,he made several copies and slapped them on return box,USPS returned all but one back to him.
HE GOT all his money back as USPS trcking showed one box was deliverd .
Some one sold a large TV set and delivered locally,cash on delivery,buyer said he does not have enough cash ,can he use Paypal,seller said fine.
when he gets home,he found a case of INR !
Someone should write book on Ebay scams
lol... you want him, to go on Ebay's forum. The forum run, by ebay. And ask for people to join his lawsuit, against, ebay....
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (12-06-2019)
Old 12-06-2019

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
lol... you want him, to go on Ebay's forum. The forum run, by ebay. And ask for people to join his lawsuit, against, ebay....
Couldn't make it up
Old 12-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Agreed.. there's no alternative OP can use that would get anywhere near the traffic of eBay.

Maybe some of the liquidation.com marketplaces would work.

If I had an item worth ~ $7k to sell, I'd gamble that $123 on Adwords with longtail keywords. You don't have to be an expert to do that.
Op had a bad experience on eBay before this transaction, took another chance and got what was coming.
Old 12-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
lol, yeh i do not think that's the best idea, can not say i have not thought about it honestly, lol they would probably remove it as fast as it went up, and then ban my account.... But then that might help my case more, lol
Old 12-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Couldn't make it up
Nothing wrong with that if you come to think of the fact that (maybe until recently) eBay did not manage its own forums. It was managed by Lithium Technologies whos staffs moderated the forums.

You need to see the content posted against eBay on there. Would make you wonder why eBay would allow adverse content against itself to be published on its own forums.
Old 12-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:

So the items were never tracked as delivered because when they left the US customs stop tracking. Do you have any proof that the items WERE delivered? any of them you shipped? 2 years is still under the time acceptable.
Old 12-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by surplusseller4u View Post
So the items were never tracked as delivered because when they left the US customs stop tracking. Do you have any proof that the items WERE delivered? any of them you shipped? 2 years is still under the time acceptable.
Yeah I saved all the documents in case I'll need it one day.

The tracking updated before they closed it out, that's for sure. It was shipped via fedex IE
Old 12-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yeah I saved all the documents in case I'll need it one day.

The tracking updated before they closed it out, that's for sure. It was shipped via fedex IE
Maybe i can add you as a plaintiff, but still need more sellers to qualify for a class action.
Old 12-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
Nothing wrong with that if you come to think of the fact that (maybe until recently) eBay did not manage its own forums. It was managed by Lithium Technologies whos staffs moderated the forums.

You need to see the content posted against eBay on there. Would make you wonder why eBay would allow adverse content against itself to be published on its own forums.
So far you are right, i posted in their forum, and so far its up, and several replies. Not sure how long it will stand up. This is how big ebay has got, they outsource, and make billions. SAD...
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Sellin...76146#M1519478
Old 12-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Did not last to long link to tell your story long, they removed the link
There message says:

cathy2981 Moderator cathy2981 ‎12-06-2019
Re: Unacceptable case closed, buyer refunded, buyer kept item
Hi I’m sorry to let you know this is an official warning for a violation of the Community Guidelines. Your recent post, found here, has been edited, because it violates the following: Do not advertise items, listings, services, or commercial websites, including offers to trade,
Old 12-06-2019

Longevity: 31%

Sorry to hear your story. I have plenty of stories of being screwed over by ebay and paypal over the years. From $10 items up to thousands of dollar items. I think alot of people will be leery of joining a class action lawsuit as there main income is a direct result of ebay sales. I know mine does. They will fear being blackballed.
Old 12-06-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Did not last to long link to tell your story long, they removed the link
There message says:

cathy2981 Moderator cathy2981 ‎12-06-2019
Re: Unacceptable case closed, buyer refunded, buyer kept item
Hi I’m sorry to let you know this is an official warning for a violation of the Community Guidelines. Your recent post, found here, has been edited, because it violates the following: Do not advertise items, listings, services, or commercial websites, including offers to trade,
here is a warning lol do not say anything bout this on the forum. They will suspend you for talking about that warning. I got suspended because I said " hey guys. Back from my vacation", after I was given 30 days for breaking some other bull**** policy. The mods are straight up nazi's on a power trip.
Old 12-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsey View Post
Sorry to hear your story. I have plenty of stories of being screwed over by ebay and paypal over the years. From $10 items up to thousands of dollar items. I think alot of people will be leery of joining a class action lawsuit as there main income is a direct result of ebay sales. I know mine does. They will fear being blackballed.
You might be right
Old 12-06-2019

Longevity: 40%

In my state I can sue in small claims court for that
Maybe you can too, I'm assuming your not a stealther

https://legalbeagle.com/8304658-sue-...ole-stuff.html

Nothing may happen, but some people just need to be nudged a little bit.
Old 12-06-2019

Quote:
He said it was delivered,just delayed due to customs clearance,
But it is too latem,refund has already been issued.
But MC011 DOES Not deal with INR,he is not suspended just because an item was delivered late.