Possible ebay return item lawsuit - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-14-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Possible ebay return item lawsuit

as for slapping a lien on his business,you need to speak to a lawyer.
There is a no contract signed by both parties,there is an Ebay auction listing,a Paypal payment notice and a refund by Ebay.
Instead of arguing back and forth whether it is theft,send a policeman with a warrant to seize the machine and see what happens?
then we are back with this question-who is going to pay for shipping the machine back 4 states away?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
read his post again,the item is 8 feet tall and weigh over 2000 lbs and the buyer sent a shipper with flatbed to haul it away,4 states away!.
yes,buyer tried to use the item and then fIle INAD,while Ebay reps are reviewing the case,Ebay robot went ahead and closed the case since seller did not send buyer a return shipping label.
Ebay is the one to blame,when a case is being reviewed by a rep,it should have an option of stopping the robot from intervening,also the robot should be programmed to stop asking seller to send return shipping label when it is a local pickup?
I repeat ,buyer did not steal the item,just because an item which he did not pay for is sitting somewhere in his backyard or front lawn or factory means he stole the item,seller is free to retrieve the item,if you follows this thread,seller never make an effort to get his item back,he spent most of his time dealing with Ebay and getting nowhere.
BTW,how do you or me know who is telling the truth?
Does the item work as described/
Did buyer really alter the item?
Did any of us see and examine the item before and after?
this is why a sales venue like Ebay decides -return the item,so seller can resell and buyer can use the money to buy elsewhere?
buyer had over two weeks to return the item. Again, I ask, do you believe the buyer was waiting for a shipping label??? Buyer didn't return the item, given a lot of time to do so. HE STOLE IT. Buyer paid for it, opened a return, and did not return it. It's clearly a buyers remorse case, so you can't possibly believe the seller is responsible for getting the item back. That is the buyers responsibility.

And we don't know who is telling the truth, so we can only go based on what is being said here, not what you are making up in your own head.
Old 12-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
buyer had over two weeks to return the item. Again, I ask, do you believe the buyer was waiting for a shipping label??? Buyer didn't return the item, given a lot of time to do so. HE STOLE IT. Buyer paid for it, opened a return, and did not return it. It's clearly a buyers remorse case, so you can't possibly believe the seller is responsible for getting the item back. That is the buyers responsibility.

And we don't know who is telling the truth, so we can only go based on what is being said here, not what you are making up in your own head.
just remember,both buyers and sellers are waiting for Ebay God to decide,by opening a case on Ebay ,and seller escalated to get Ebay involved,they both expect Ebay to decide,and Ebay did-it refunded buyer his money without asking him to return a damn thing.
get that in your xxxx head.
where did you read buyer should return the item,he won the INAD case,if I recall your past posts,you sell on EBay,you must have your fair share of INAD and know better
Old 12-14-2019

This is an INAD case,in black and white,not a buyer remorse case.
If the buyer has altered the item,it does not turn into buyer remorse case,it means he forfeits his buyer protection and should lose the INAD case.
But in this case,Ebay goofs.
He got his money back so he is done with the dispute,is he obliged to return the item,NO,not when it would cost him $1k to do so.
Worse,he could dispose the item,have someone haul it away as trash or sell it as scrap metal.
Slapping a lien,you need to prove he owes you ,if you painted his house,and did not pay,you could slap a lien on his house as there is a contract both have signed,but in this case there is no contract,unless you call the ebay auction listing a contract?
and he did pay,and Ebay refunded him,then seller could drag out his EBAY contract and find out where does it say Ebay could act on his behalf and refund the buyer?
Old 12-15-2019

Longevity: 47%

This subject is generally pointless. I don't know like in the USA, but in Poland if somebody robs you from money and from goods you are going to the court. The matter is very simple and you are winning a case on the 100%. It can last for fields of the year, a year can, but every dollar will be recovered. Probably therefore people don't want to join the collective lawsuit in because individually are going with such a matter to the court and are certainly winning such case. And of course this principle is always, money for expensive objects only and exclusively to the hand, never by intermediaries of such thieves as (Ebay, Paypal). These services are the fourth power. The, implementation, judicial legislative branch is and EBAY-PAYPAL

ps.
In Poland such a theft would be unlikely, improbable since the robbed person would probably go to the purchaser along with acquaintances and with the stick to basseball and would simply beat up the purchaser which would think the matter over. But it is in the USA differently, generally people very much are afraid of a violence, but how I sometimes say the violence he is an only solution, if people know that they can be beaten up don't want simply to steal it.

Very simple rule - the Purchaser must feel fear.

The second matter in the USA of 7000 dollars it is only one and a half month of the work. Generally speaking it isn't much of money for the American citizen, perhaps therefore people aren't returning the greater attention for the theft.

You were simply very stupid that you used Paypal to the payment, but now you are already very cleverer. This enlarged wisdom at the moment costs you 7000 dollars, but in the future you will save 7000 dollars. In my opinion you don't have an exit, you are going to the court. Of course it is much work and of money for the lawyer and the like In Poland you don't need the lawyer you can alone gather materials and send to the court which is hearing the case.

If the purchaser didn't like to pay money back would have to prove before the court that goods were spoiled and it is impossible to prove. If somebody is seizing goods personally namely that goods at the moment were in the 100% efficient. Of course some latent defect could be, but the purchaser would have to of course give goods back.

Unfortunately I must one more time repeat what at one time I wrote. People in the USA will depend on solutions of the system, are heading wiped with the path a system proposes which. In Europe people at once are going with such matters to the court or alone they are solving a problem are simply taking the matter into own hands.

Therefore people in Europe often mock people in America but people in America are mocking Europeans :] For me it is funny that somebody who lost 7000 dollars isn't going to the court, comical approach towards the matter :]

Last edited by lops1987; 12-15-2019 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-15-2019

Longevity: 46%

From all the horror stories I've heard about selling very expensive things over ebay, I would recommend not to sell expensive things on ebay (unless you have deep pockets and can take big losses). That's a lot of money and knowing how ebay can be at times, sellers are really at risk of being SOL.

If the buyer was even willing to come pick it up (meaning, they are in close proximity to you), even though it's against ebay TOS, I would have tried to do an offsite transaction, just directly between you and the buyer since you already have their phone number.
Old 12-15-2019

many sellers selling high ticket bulky items on Ebay such as boats,rigs,trucks,commercial kitchen equipments,motor homes,ice making machines etc as EBAY allows them to reach potential buyers outside the local market.
But it comes with a price-Ebay has 30 days money back guarantee for the buyer,if seller is at fault,then he has to accept return,not only does he have to pay for return shipping,he would also lose money by refunding the original shipping $$ and accepting electronic payments expose the seller to chargebacks .
Dont sell anything you cant afford to lose should be posted on every Ebay seller's desk!
Old 12-18-2019

Longevity: 24%

I had a buyer scam me for about $300 on PayPal. I saw him post the item on Craigslist to sell it.

I paid a lawyer $100 to file a $1300 lien on his house. It's very simple paperwork. I don't know when he will find out, it's been over a year.

But i feel very safe when i sell to someone and i know where they live.

You can make business very expensive for the fraudster, while demanding ever larger payment for the collection services.