Anyone else get these corrupt page displays on eBay and PayPal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-13-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Anyone else get these corrupt page displays on eBay and PayPal?

I've had these display issues on both eBay and PP for over a year. It never really bothered me until now. Anyone have any clues what it could be? Happens on multiple browsers.

Old 12-13-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Anyone else get these corrupt page displays on eBay and PayPal?

Wow.. I've never seen anything like that and I've been in the game for a while.

One thing I've noticed on a few of my accounts is that apparently the CSS file has been modified, because the top banner shows up with a black background and white letters, instead of a white background with black letters like it normally shows. I thought maybe that's what you were talking about when I clicked on your thread but you seem to have a totally different issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
J_Rittenmouse (04-20-2021)
Old 12-13-2020

Longevity: 54%

This can be caused by corrupt cookies, cache, (as we don't clear these in our user accounts), or addon's may be causing the issue.
Old 12-13-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Not for us.
My guess is aspects of your cookie database or a cached object is corrupt on your client-side.
There's a risk of being temporarily forgotten but you may have to clear all eBay related cookies/objects from your profile.
Old 12-14-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

It could be cookie related. I will take a look at that and report back. I really do hate clearing cookies on accounts though.

These accounts run on a bare bones browser with no add-ons.

When the time comes where I need to read and verify something again, I will try clearing them and report back.
Old 12-14-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%

I have seen slight glitches but that looks like the glitch gremlin went on a spree.

I've never seen anything like that.

Is that on different browsers?
Old 12-15-2020
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I have seen slight glitches but that looks like the glitch gremlin went on a spree.

I've never seen anything like that.

Is that on different browsers?
Yes this has shown on FF and Chrome so far. It didn't bother me when I was logging into my accounts as there were only two fields, login and password. Now when having to go through the verification motions etc, it's a little more important to know what I'm selecting
Old 12-15-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burst View Post
I've had these display issues on both eBay and PP for over a year. It never really bothered me until now. Anyone have any clues what it could be? Happens on multiple browsers.

This is not at all cookies, cache and flash object related issue. Reason being, its happening in different browser as stated in very first message of OP.

This is something seems to be caused by maleware, virus, automated instruction coded bug to send spam traffic to online servers. Reinstall OS if you've already installed good anti-virus programme.

Clean up the storage devise from harmful files which makes ebay think something is suspicious going on here.

The main source of this files are using pirated softwares without good security system inplace.
Old 12-15-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%

Quote:
Yes this has shown on FF and Chrome so far. It didn't bother me when I was logging into my accounts as there were only two fields, login and password. Now when having to go through the verification motions etc, it's a little more important to know what I'm selecting
I just logged into one of my accounts on FF and it did have a slight glitch, but not nearly as bad as that.

So it could have something to do with your browser in particular.
Old 12-15-2020

Don't think this has anything to do with viruses or spam. If clearing cookies etc on multiple browsers does not clear the issue, i had a similar problem with FF and Chrome, i disabled hardware acceleration. It worked for me, may not work for you tho.
Old 12-16-2020

hardware acceleration stops some viruses to perform it's actions and why all members are not facing issue with hardware acceleration enabled ?

Interesting. Isn't it ?

We can't be sure about what the actual reason of the problem is but we can try and experiment to resolve it.
Old 12-16-2020

Longevity: 51%

Quote:

VPS lag???????? Never seen this before
Old 12-16-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Ah, apologies. I did not read the multiple browser part. Yes, you're correct. It is unlikely to be a cookie problem as both cookie databases could not be afflicted at the same time unless there's a hardware failure such as bad sectors on the drive. Even if there were, there'd have been multiple errors presented elsewhere.

This is looking like:

A: GPU driver/hardware failure.
Or
B: Something that runs system-wide or across both browsers like an addon/plugin

OP, to check if it's GPU (software) related - try this if you run Windows OS:

1. Go to both your browser settings and turn off hardware acceleration. It is mostly useless anyway even more so when you don't have a graphics adapter on your computer.

If that does not help, try this:

2. Create a throwaway user profile then test it using both browsers.
If this does not help, it is unlikely to be browser-related as your new profile would have no addons.

We need to test your GPU driver. Try this:

3. On your desktop, hit the start button and type the following command without the quotes and hit enter: "MSConfig."
Click on boot ---> Base video ---> Apply ---> OK ---> Restart
You should get a low resolution when your PC restarts, but it is nothing to worry about. Just head over to eBay to see if you still have the anomaly. If you do not, then your GPU hardware may be failing, or its driver may be corrupt. You'd need to download and install an updated driver - but you should first restore your PC's resolution. Repeat the Msconfig steps above but uncheck Base video. When your PC restarts, download and install an updated driver.

If that does not help, we should look at software interference:

4. On your desktop, hit the start button and type the following command without the quotes and hit enter: "MSConfig."
Click on services ---> Hide all Microsoft services ---> Date disabled.
This should toggle the list (of what's ticked to run) to the top. Take a snapshot showing everything that has a blue tick.
Click on startup ---> Date disabled.
Again, this should toggle the list (of what's ticked to run) to the top. Take a snapshot showing everything that has a blue tick.

Post both snapshots here. We can take a look to see if something rogue is causing problems.

If there's nothing of that sort, changing your GPU should finally fix it. You'd first need to check your PC to see if you have an adapter or an integrated graphic chip before you make that call. If your computer is a laptop format, then it is unlikely going to be able to replace the graphics.
Good luck and I hope one of these options work for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
Soundofsilence (12-16-2020)
Old 12-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
Ah, apologies. I did not read the multiple browser part. Yes, you're correct. It is unlikely to be a cookie problem as both cookie databases could not be afflicted at the same time unless there's a hardware failure such as bad sectors on the drive. Even if there were, there'd have been multiple errors presented elsewhere.

This is looking like:

A: GPU driver/hardware failure.
Or
B: Something that runs system-wide or across both browsers like an addon/plugin

OP, to check if it's GPU (software) related - try this if you run Windows OS:

1. Go to both your browser settings and turn off hardware acceleration. It is mostly useless anyway even more so when you don't have a graphics adapter on your computer.

If that does not help, try this:

2. Create a throwaway user profile then test it using both browsers.
If this does not help, it is unlikely to be browser-related as your new profile would have no addons.

We need to test your GPU driver. Try this:

3. On your desktop, hit the start button and type the following command without the quotes and hit enter: "MSConfig."
Click on boot ---> Base video ---> Apply ---> OK ---> Restart
You should get a low resolution when your PC restarts, but it is nothing to worry about. Just head over to eBay to see if you still have the anomaly. If you do not, then your GPU hardware may be failing, or its driver may be corrupt. You'd need to download and install an updated driver - but you should first restore your PC's resolution. Repeat the Msconfig steps above but uncheck Base video. When your PC restarts, download and install an updated driver.

If that does not help, we should look at software interference:

4. On your desktop, hit the start button and type the following command without the quotes and hit enter: "MSConfig."
Click on services ---> Hide all Microsoft services ---> Date disabled.
This should toggle the list (of what's ticked to run) to the top. Take a snapshot showing everything that has a blue tick.
Click on startup ---> Date disabled.
Again, this should toggle the list (of what's ticked to run) to the top. Take a snapshot showing everything that has a blue tick.

Post both snapshots here. We can take a look to see if something rogue is causing problems.

If there's nothing of that sort, changing your GPU should finally fix it. You'd first need to check your PC to see if you have an adapter or an integrated graphic chip before you make that call. If your computer is a laptop format, then it is unlikely going to be able to replace the graphics.
Good luck and I hope one of these options work for you.
Be cautious when trying to follow step 4 "Microsoft services". Nothing wrong in it but if you play a little bit irresponsibly there than you may loose your OS completely and it'll create more problems than resolving the current one.

If anything above mentioned doesn't work than before changing GPU, have a separate hard drive around 40-50 GB and then install fresh OS and drivers and see if the error is still coming up. It'll surely give you a clear cut overview whether it's software based problem or hardware based problem.

Thanks Pandoras_box for this great info. I was unaware about many things what you've mentioned in this response.
Old 12-16-2020

Quote:
hardware acceleration stops some viruses to perform it's actions and why all members are not facing issue with hardware acceleration enabled ?

Interesting. Isn't it ?

We can't be sure about what the actual reason of the problem is but we can try and experiment to resolve it.
Please know what your talking about before making a comment! I am a IT technician 15 years and set up computers/servers all around the country. The OP is using barebones, so no addon's.

Problems with hardware device, like printer, video card, sound card, or other hardware device, it is NOT due to a virus. However, a virus could corrupt data on the computer, including the software drivers that are used to allow hardware devices to communicate with the computer.

Interesting. Isn't it ?
Old 12-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by defwax7 View Post
However, a virus could corrupt data on the computer, including the software drivers that are used to allow hardware devices to communicate with the computer.

Interesting. Isn't it ?
Where I denied the possibility of hardware related issue. It's just that I'm also mentioning that the above marked text is also a possibility we can't entirely focus on hardware hardware hardware. What I was trying to say is what you're saying in last message : "" However, a virus could corrupt data on the computer, including the software drivers that are used to allow hardware devices to communicate with the computer. ""